Tahith Chong

Son

Inter's latest contract offer to Chong, as reported by the Italian media, seems to be the equivalent of £2.3m per year starting salary, rising slightly over a 5 year period (they quote 1.5m euros net - so after the tax has been taken off, the initial offer was 1.2m euros net). They are also willing to offer his agent about 1.8m euros for facilitating the deal. Chong's agent has asked for 2m euros net in the first year of the deal, rising to 3m euros net, with 7m euros as his facilitation fee, though apparently he may have reduced that figure to 4.5m euros in the latest round of negotiations. Unlike english teams, clubs in Italy reveal the basic salary of each first team player net of tax. For instance, Parma are paying Darmian 1.5m euros net, while Smalling gets 3m euros net, Sanchez 5m euros net.

Anyway, £2m to £2.5m is about the salary United pay to Pereira, Dan James, Dalot, McTominay. United's offer to Chong is far more likely to be about £1m a year, regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season.

https://sempreinter.com/2020/02/10/...ith-manchester-united-youngster-tahith-chong/
Essentially they are offering him the wage of a proven first team player without him actually having to put in the work or prove a thing. Inter will win Serie A in the next few years because of the cash been pumped in.

No wonder he wants to move in all honesty but United is still a step up from Inter and always will be. Worse squad or not he won’t be missed here.

Red00012

Adnan (player not caf member) had more potential and we got rid of him so I think we’ll manage

Devil81

I can't believe the wages these kids are demanding these days, he's good but he's not shown enough to suggest he's going to be a world beater.

Let him go.

meamth

Always been an opportunist, not sure it's his agent or him.

Rejected Feyenoord's extension to sign for us, now he is doing the same.

Better get rid.

ROFLUTION

Inter's latest contract offer to Chong, as reported by the Italian media, seems to be the equivalent of £2.3m per year starting salary, rising slightly over a 5 year period (they quote 1.5m euros net - so after the tax has been taken off, the initial offer was 1.2m euros net). They are also willing to offer his agent about 1.8m euros for facilitating the deal. Chong's agent has asked for 2m euros net in the first year of the deal, rising to 3m euros net, with 7m euros as his facilitation fee, though apparently he may have reduced that figure to 4.5m euros in the latest round of negotiations. Unlike english teams, clubs in Italy reveal the basic salary of each first team player net of tax. La Gazzetta Dello Sport publishes all the figures in the first month of the season. For instance, Parma are paying Darmian 1.5m euros net, while Smalling gets 3m euros net, Sanchez 5m euros net.

Anyway, £2m to £2.5m is about the salary United pay to Pereira, Dan James, Dalot, McTominay. United's offer to Chong is far more likely to be about £1m a year, regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season. If he was starting PL games on merit then United might be willing to match the figures Inter are apparently offering.

Inter plan to send Tahith out on loan, possibly to Jiangsu Suning, who Inter's owners have links to. They noticed him when he performed well against them in pre-season.

https://sempreinter.com/2020/02/10/...ith-manchester-united-youngster-tahith-chong/
Cheers for the info - Do the clubs have to publish the wages or how come this has become tradition?

Steerpike

He isn't particularly good, and still doesn't look to be physically equipped to be successful in the EPL. A poor man's Russell Beardsmore.

Mickson

How is his loan going?
Not great. Just 3 starts and 8 sub appearances. Hasn't scored or assisted in Bundesliga yet, despite 10 games. 1 goal in the cup. He plays some part almost every game though, so he gets some playing time and it isn't a catastrophe. But he needs to start delivering!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not great. Just 3 starts and 8 sub appearances. Hasn't scored or assisted in Bundesliga yet, despite 10 games. 1 goal in the cup. He plays some part almost every game though, so he gets some playing time and it isn't a catastrophe. But he needs to start delivering!
Didn't he get an assist against Cologne? Own goal but wasn't it his cross?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Maybe im wrong to write him off so early, but i've seen nothing from him that suggests hes going to make it with us. The cameos he actually had with the first team he often looked like the worst player on the pitch

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We should've kept him with us. It looked like he was finally gaining a bit of confidence in his first team cameos, I don't think he's any worse an option than James. Can't envision us extending his contract to be honest.

dutchred

We should've kept him with us. It looked like he was finally gaining a bit of confidence in his first team cameos, I don't think he's any worse an option than James. Can't envision us extending his contract to be honest.
But i dont think he's as good as Elenga. We will have Elenga, Dialo an Pelestri fighting for 1 spot

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
But i dont think he's as good as Elenga. We will have Elenga, Dialo an Pelestri fighting for 1 spot
I don't think there's much between them, I've seen more from Chong than Elanga at U23 level so far. Also, Elanga's a left winger so he's not really competing with Pellistri or Diallo, Chong's a right winger too but I've always felt Chong looks better on the left.

dutchred

I don't think there's much between them, I've seen more from Chong than Elanga at U23 level so far. Also, Elanga's a left winger so he's not really competing with Pellistri or Diallo, Chong's a right winger too but I've always felt Chong looks better on the left.
I didnt mean fighting for the right wing I meant three players fighting for 1 spot

Pavl3n

Werder are pretty bad. I watched them a couple of games ago. Chong was always eager to get involved, but there was no fluency at all in that team.

KevinJoh

Whenever he plays he plays as left winger for Werder. Honestly, at this moment he doesn't look like he will make a breakthrough with them. They are bad side, playing bad football, and he can't get serious minutes with them. Would be nice if he can step up in the next period and maybe get a new loan, or if we can get some good money for him, but doesn't look good enough to come back and be an option. Still there is enough time to prove me wrong.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Finally something useful from him.

Really good cross for the right side.

Bojan Djordjic

I can't understand how United consistently produce these weedy young lads from the academy. Do they not see that physique is very important in a competitive league like the premiership and actually work on getting them into game shape?

Chong has pace to burn and I think he's a better footballer than Dan James too. He's so lightweight though and his decision making can be very sketchy. My favourite cameo of his came at left back. He was completely headless from a defensive point of view but a dynamo for us with his exciting bursts from defence.

Ekeke

He's done reasonably well in Germany to now; hopefully it's given him the experience he needs to transition to PL football or at least helps us command a fee in 2021
By what metric has he done reasonably well? He's played just 309 minutes, mostly off the bench and has 0 goals and 1 assist for the 13th placed team in the Bundasliga. I think hes obviously worth a fee but whether he'll be heading to a mid table championship team or a relegation struggling premier league team is yet to be decided. His chances of doing better than that havent been enhanced with his loan

KevinJoh

last two matches two assists, which is good. For him, they key is to get to the starting lineup in the league and have full 90 minutes games till the end of the season. Scoring a few goals and getting a few assists will certainly help him to get good offers for next summer. I really doubt he will prove himself enough for us to get him back in the team, but to get some good money for him, that is possible. If he gets there, to be first team player in Bundesliga team, scoring and assisting, 10-15m should be good money for him that we can invest. Or, as he has 2 more years on the contract, getting him on another loan to try to get better offers next year hopefully after pandemic.

AJ VII

Starting as a striker in a 532/352 today. Werder Bremen struggle to string two passes together and he is not involved much.

Not sure what he gets from this loan. Werder Bremen looks like a midtable championship team and he doesnt get enough gametime for them even.

Think we will sell him this summer if there is any interest for him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Starting as a striker in a 532/352 today. Werder Bremen struggle to string two passes together and he is not involved much.

Not sure what he gets from this loan. Werder Bremen looks like a midtable championship team and he doesnt get enough gametime for them even.

Think we will sell him this summer if there is any interest for him.
It was a decent loan on paper. Werder desperately need(ed) quality attackers and in better times Kohfeldt showed that he wants to play proper football and can empower attacking players such as Rashica and Kruse.

AJ VII

It was a decent loan on paper. Werder desperately need(ed) quality attackers and in better times Kohfeldt showed that he wants to play proper football and can empower attacking players such as Rashica and Kruse.
Fair enough, the 60 min I watched today was pretty grim. Haven't watched them play other then when I see Chong play and its televised.

He hasn't made the step from youth fotball very well yet, so he probably dont bring them enough quality to get more chances.

Think he has to go back to Holland and build from there.

Reactions: Cheimoon

0le

Nice one Chong :). Hopefully they are one of many to come during this loan.

onemanarmy

I already mentioned it in another topic, Club Brugge are by far the best team in Belgium at the moment, and they played a team of non-professional players today in the Cup, about 4 tiers below them. Shouldn't look to much in this game, but it'll help his confidence. I don't expect him to start many games to be honest.