Takumi Minamino / signs for Liverpool. Transfer 1st January

hungrywing

I believe Ed, our de facto sporting director, has no clue who he is. Fantastic business by Liverpool.
And that, little boys and girls, was how the 'Photoshop Promising Players into Product Placement (and brand logos, too)' thread was born, which led to our now-beloved Ed Woodward beginning his famous lucky streak of signing all the legends you know and love here today in 2029.

Josep Dowling

Liverpool seem quicker and more eager to pick up these sort of players.
He’s the type of signing Sir Alex would have made and loads of fans would have moaned because we didn’t pay top bracket prices to get him.

£7.25m is an absolute bargain. But the bench awaits for him and there will be no sign of him ever becoming a first team starter. I think it’s a poor move for him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’s the type of signing Sir Alex would have made and loads of fans would have moaned because we didn’t pay top bracket prices to get him.

£7.25m is an absolute bargain. But the bench awaits for him and there will be no sign of him ever becoming a first team starter. I think it’s a poor move for him.
Agreed the bench waits for him, but he still has a chance if he performs.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's actually 24 and will be 25 in January. It is getting tedious to see everyone go into meltdown every time our rivals sign a player.
25 isn't old, it's a player about to reach peak. These are the profile of players we desperately need.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I mean, it's POTENTIALLY a great bit of business. He could equally be shit given he won't start a lot of games. Could end up being used as much as Keita has.
For 7m, don't you think it's a risk worth taking?

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
Never heard of him before today. Now I'm convinced he is the next Messi.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I mean, it's POTENTIALLY a great bit of business. He could equally be shit given he won't start a lot of games. Could end up being used as much as Keita has.
True but if Firmino isn’t firing on all cylinders, he could replace him with ease.

He could also end up like the Kagawa with not being able to nail a position
Great squad option

a123

Supports
Liverpool
The guy tore us up in our game at anfield and the fans were already saying sign this guy. Salzburg fans all say he's been the star player at the club. He played excellent again on Tuesday and that really confirmed things. 7m is a bargain.

Inigo Montoya

I do, but I don't really pay attention to the opposing teams players. I tend to forget them after the match is over.
Odd. Football is game played by two teams and occasionally players from the opposing side stand out.

Still all those players scoring against Liverpool in the past, you’d probably want to forget it quickly

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
For 7m, don't you think it's a risk worth taking?
Of course it is, I just mean for some people thinking it's the end of the world that we're not signing him, it's not guaranteed to work out.
True but if Firmino isn’t firing on all cylinders, he could replace him with ease.

He could also end up like the Kagawa with not being able to nail a position
Great squad option
Yeah I think he'd be earmarked for that position and at 7m he'll totally be worth the risk. I just wonder though how a lad who's used to playing 40+ games a season is going to adjust to a limited role.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'd never heard of him prior to this season, and I've only seen him play twice against Liverpool...so obviously I'll watch a couple of YouTube compilations and declare myself an expert.

I trust Klopp when it comes to signing players though.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Of course it is, I just mean for some people thinking it's the end of the world that we're not signing him, it's not guaranteed to work out.

Yeah I think he'd be earmarked for that position and at 7m he'll totally be worth the risk. I just wonder though how a lad who's used to playing 40+ games a season is going to adjust to a limited role.
He's played around the 1700 min mark in the league per season in the last 2 seasons for Salzburg, and less the season before. Players like Milner for Liverpool played that sort of minutes last season, even Keita with all his injury troubles played around 1400 mins in the league last season.

So what I am saying is, players who are not guaranteed starters, still end up playing a good amount of minutes even for teams such as Liverpool, add in cup games, and European games, he'd likely be playing in plenty of matches. So the choice is for the player - does he want to take a smaller step up and maybe go to the Bundesliga first, or just take that bigger step and go to Liverpool. If he backs himself, then why not.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Frustrating that this guy has gone to Liverpool whilst we cream ourselves over Haaland. One is a textbook modern day attacker and the other is a glorified Lukaku albeit a decent player but this is the mould of attacker we should be in for.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

He hasn't even signed yet let alone played a minute in the Premier League but he's already stuck on our bench without a chance for first team football. Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Frustrating that this guy has gone to Liverpool whilst we cream ourselves over Haaland. One is a textbook modern day attacker and the other is a glorified Lukaku albeit a decent player but this is the mould of attacker we should be in for.
We can have this conversation in a couple of years, and I am certain you will think otherwise. Both are excellent players. And Haaland is not Lukaku. You can not have watched many of his games.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
Odd. Football is game played by two teams and occasionally players from the opposing side stand out.

Still all those players scoring against Liverpool in the past, you’d probably want to forget it quickly
Yea, some players will stand out of course. Being norwegian most of my attention regarding Salzburg was focused on Haaland. How many players on Astana and Partizan are you able to name without looking them up?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Jadon Sancho is our RW target. And now everyone are moaning about Liverpools great business over a guy very few of you knew who the hell was 3 daysa go?

I'll take Jadon for £100m easy for the next 7-10 years.

Inigo Montoya

Jadon Sancho is our RW target. And now everyone are moaning about Liverpools great business over a guy very few of you knew who the hell was 3 daysa go?

I'll take Jadon for £100m easy for the next 7-10 years.
How do you know he’s our target? Unless you mean the transfer muppets’ target?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
We can have this conversation in a couple of years, and I am certain you will think otherwise. Both are excellent players. And Haaland is not Lukaku. You can not have watched many of his games.
Haaland is better than Lukaku for sure. I just don't see him as an ideal fit for a elite possession side.. his touch can be erratic and stiff. Outstanding movement off the ball granted, but I would love United to go for a Tevez/Saha type of forward over a Ruud.

Wayne's World

He's going to turn into prime Iniesta as soon as he signs for them. Every prick of a player they sign seem to turn into world beaters lately :rolleyes:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's played around the 1700 min mark in the league per season in the last 2 seasons for Salzburg, and less the season before. Players like Milner for Liverpool played that sort of minutes last season, even Keita with all his injury troubles played around 1400 mins in the league last season.

So what I am saying is, players who are not guaranteed starters, still end up playing a good amount of minutes even for teams such as Liverpool, add in cup games, and European games, he'd likely be playing in plenty of matches. So the choice is for the player - does he want to take a smaller step up and maybe go to the Bundesliga first, or just take that bigger step and go to Liverpool. If he backs himself, then why not.
Yeah, I'm just wondering if that will be enough to adapt to a league like ours. He could totally smash it and be signing of the season, who knows.

Resch

Taki has a great season. Makes better decisions under Marsh. But he tends to be a streaky player. This is why he is still in Salzburg. Great squad player but did not manage to be a regular starter under Rose. He is too often a nonfactor when it is getting physical or a leader is needed.
So he could work for Liverpool, but Taki is no United material, because we need someine who leads and take us a step further.

Suedesi

What the feck were they thinking leaving a 7m release clause on someone?
Could be a variety of factors. Sometimes the player insists on a low clause, sometimes the club pays less in salary but includes a low clause in the contract

Lemansky

We have James as our RW. If we gonna buy another player for that position he should be Sancho/Havertz style potential and quality. We don’t need more quantity regardless of price.

Hawks2008

Not gonna pretend I'm an expert on him but based on what I've seen in this season's CL he could be a decent squad player for a good team. Considering our lack of options in attack and his very low release clause he would have been worth a punt.

Too bad our scouting is limited to match of the day.

VanGaalyTime

Taki has a great season. Makes better decisions under Marsh. But he tends to be a streaky player. This is why he is still in Salzburg. Great squad player but did not manage to be a regular starter under Rose. He is too often a nonfactor when it is getting physical or a leader is needed.
So he could work for Liverpool, but Taki is no United material, because we need someine who leads and take us a step further.
I mostly agree, but I'm concerned this is his breakout season. He's been excellent when played regularly. But he does seem to be the kind of player that drops back a bit when playing against tough defenders.

Suedesi

Thank you for some common sense. For what is worth, I thought he was underwhelming vs Liverpool, and most of their attacks broke down when he had the ball. At 7M he could be worth a punt, but I'm not too bothered either way. At the end of the day, I just want my team to win football matches, I'm not bothered if they do it with players costing 7M or 55M.

Dinghy

Fantastic signing for that price. Seen him in 10-15 games this season and he's been one of the standout performers in most of them. Don't think Minamino is too far off Sancho in quality and the latter will probably cost around £110-120M.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
One of the knocks against Mane at Southampton was that he was a streaky player too. Not saying this guy is ever going to be as good, as not many are, but that is a pretty regular knock on attacking players apart from the elite. He won't need to be a leader at a club like Liverpool who has many of them, he'll just need to be versatile. He definately looks like a Klopp player from what I've seen of him, a worker, technically decent, quite responsible, and looks like he can be impactful, even if it isn't consistat yet, that can come in time.

SAFMUTD

He could be a great addition to Liverpool, though I’ve only seen him a couple of times in champions league games, obviously just as a squad player since his position is nailed to Salah. But for 7.5 million is literally a no brainer, even if he fails as feck they probably will be able to sell him for more than that.

I don’t think it would been a great addition for us though, we already have our back up right winger in Daniel James, who is younger, we need a proven player that can nail the position.