Takumi Minamino / signs for Liverpool. Transfer 1st January

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Sounds like a great deal for Liverpool considering the fee.

friedeggden

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp is still looking to replace the whole in the squad that Coutinho left. The small, technical CAM that can play behind the front 3 and link up with Firmino.

Oxlaide-chamberlain was looking like it before his injury, Keita could still be the answer and obviously we had the whole Fekir situation.

5 months to train and adapt plus a full pre season then we can see how he gets on next season.

Shaqiri signed for 13 million and has already repaid that with his performance against Barcelona, he was integral in that game which got us into the final of the champions league.

Minamino cost half of that and will have covered his transfer fee in shirt sales before he's even kicked a ball.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Will be a very good signing. Looks like the perfect #10 to work behind Mane, Firmino and Salah.

Annoying how well they’re going about their business.

Rene Borg

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp is still looking to replace the whole in the squad that Coutinho left. The small, technical CAM that can play behind the front 3 and link up with Firmino.

Oxlaide-chamberlain was looking like it before his injury, Keita could still be the answer and obviously we had the whole Fekir situation.

5 months to train and adapt plus a full pre season then we can see how he gets on next season.

Shaqiri signed for 13 million and has already repaid that with his performance against Barcelona, he was integral in that game which got us into the final of the champions league.

Minamino cost half of that and will have covered his transfer fee in shirt sales before he's even kicked a ball.
think you underestimate his short term impact. having him here will allow Klopp to rotate the front three without losing work rate and pace, meaning Salah, Mane and Firminho can be fresher for the real crunch matches.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think he's any better than what they already have - but it'll add some extra depth to their front lines.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Very good signing in today’s over inflated market. Like others have said the effect in Japan alone will be huge. Big money maker for Liverpool. They seem to be doing everything right at the moment.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think he's any better than what they already have - but it'll add some extra depth to their front lines.
He is not signed to be better than the current front 3, and you can't possibly do that for 7.5M.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Will flop massively and they'll be in the gutter within a couple of seasons. Won't sell any shirts in Japan as everyone supports United there.

Posts like this are needed amid the Pool arse-licking

C_Senior

Supports
Liverpool fc
Will flop massively and they'll be in the gutter within a couple of seasons. Won't sell any shirts in Japan as everyone supports United there.

Posts like this are needed amid the Pool arse-licking
And this is based on what fact?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Which is why i'm not worried and flapping like 3/4 of the people in this thread.
It is a low risk transfer for Liverpool, and increase the depth of their squad. He can play any position in the front 3, false 9, and AM is definitely a big plus. I won't be suprise if Liverpool parts with Lallana in the summer.

Xaviboy

They dont mess about liverpool when it comes to recruitment, they just go and get there targets.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Meh...anyone can sign a player for a pittance within a matter of days...legends sign players with drama and intrigue often stretching across the entire length of a summer transfer window and also involving sums which are probably quite a few millions north of what the player is actually worth, which is also known famously as the Woodward Premium. That's the way big clubs sign players. As Monsieur Woodward had himself said, "why buy cheap when you can get it expensive".

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It looks like an amazing depth signing considering the fee. Maybe they can afford now to give their front 3 more rest.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
When you see Liverpool moving while Man Utd sleep and wait for the transfer window its hard not to be envious.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The way and how quick he changes direction is very impressive & he’s a full of energy. I’m surprised that we didn’t go for him, I think he’ll be a good signing for Liverpool to offer depth. He’ll suit under Klopp.

Josh 76

I'm I missing something here, I've never heard of this player until a few days ago.
He's going to be 26.
Plays in the Austrain League.
Value of the player would have been around 20m. (If no release clause).
Why the big fuss???

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm I missing something here, I've never heard of this player until a few days ago.
He's going to be 26.
Why the big fuss???
Where is all the big fuss? He’s going to be 25, btw.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He's going to be 26.
Why the big fuss???
"He's going to be 26" about a guy who hasn't even turned 25 yet, classic Caf :D

He looked promising in the CL against us this season, that's all I know about him.

PoTMS

He would walk into our first team and yet will be warming the benches at Liverpool. Really hate the different directions our respective clubs have taken.

Darth Revan

Its interesting how they get their transfers sorted out, identify the target, and before you know it, its a done deal. Or thats the way clubs normally operate?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Neither have most people I reckon :lol:

He does seem like a decent signing, but could easily be another meh player that looked good in the DACH region.

PoTMS

I reckon you've seen him play once in the CL against Genk.
I've not watched him a lot but from what I've seen of him, he would walk into our team. I mean it wouldn't take a lot to displace Lingard, Mata, Pereira.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Mail going with 'Beat United to the signing'. I havn't heard anything to suggest we were interested, annoying how our names always used everytime a rival signs anyone
Papers still have to use our name to give their articles weight. This for me shows why we're still the biggest club in England.

L1nk

Liverpool, current champions of Europe, about to be league champions, great players in the team and a strong squad, yet are about to add another one and aren't worried about "holding players back", we aren't allowed to sign any players though incase it holds so and so back according to most on here.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
We scouted 800 players per position apparently. And saw no one to improve us except those under the radar talents of Maguire, Wan Bissaka and James.
James was suggested by Giggsy. "Under-the-radar" :D AWB and Maguire were on Mourinho's list, as far as I know. Please don't credit our trashy scouting org with them. :)

They should get credit for bringing us the knockout success of Dalot, however? :D

Jam

They’re going into their winter break now, usually teams won’t actually sign for clubs until the transfer window because of ongoing commitments but his team now don’t play until February so he may as well get to Liverpool and join in training etc before he can be officially registered in January. There wasn’t any point at all in waiting another couple of weeks.