Position: Forward - Right Winger
Foot: Right
Player agent: Sarcle Co. Ltd.
Current club: Red Bull Salzburg

Contract expires: 30.06.2021
Date of last contract extension: Feb 1, 2018​

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Chances are Marcel was eyeing up Haaland again but Minamino is a right winger that I'm sure Marcel has also got to also be looking at. He's played all across the forward line this season but mostly as a RW and should any of our front 3 be injured he's definitely the right calibre of player to compete against them.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I like him, but Hwang's the player I most like from Salzburg. Been a bit fan of his ever since he outperformed Son at the World Cup.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's more of a striker if I'm not mistaken?
Yep, but he can play on either the right or left, too. He doesn't for club (though he's shown that he can rotate/drift out wide and perform well despite being the CF), but he's played out wide more often than centrally for Korea to a good standard, so he's quite versatile.

I think we could do with another CF anyway. I love Martial, but his fitness is a concern, and we really do lack depth. I think - with Martial playing a sorta false 9 role, constantly dropping deep to play Rashford and James through - having another CF who can get on the end of the crosses they play (especially James) against some of the lesser teams in the league could be beneficial, too, if Ole wanted to be really attacking.

AkaAkuma

Minamino would fit in well with the type of attitude Solskjaer is looking for.

BrokeDR

Hwang and Minamino are probably going to cost a fortune at this point. But, they bring the work rate we lack against lesser opposition. Some of our players could not be bothered against lower table teams.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yep, but he can play on either the right or left, too. He doesn't for club (though he's shown that he can rotate/drift out wide and perform well despite being the CF), but he's played out wide more often than centrally for Korea to a good standard, so he's quite versatile.

I think we could do with another CF anyway. I love Martial, but his fitness is a concern, and we really do lack depth. I think - with Martial playing a sorta false 9 role, constantly dropping deep to play Rashford and James through - having another CF who can get on the end of the crosses they play (especially James) against some of the lesser teams in the league could be beneficial, too, if Ole wanted to be really attacking.
Ah that's pretty interesting, thanks for the information. I'd take any of the front 3 if I'm honest. They all look exciting.

fergie_god

I like him, but Hwang's the player I most like from Salzburg. Been a bit fan of his ever since he outperformed Son at the World Cup.
I've been following Hwang for most of his career and would be extremely cautious about bringing him over to a club like at Utd. He has decent qualities but the last 3 months is the first time hes ever played this well.

He can be extremely frustrating and inconsistent with his finishing and touch. Just a season ago he only managed 2 goals and 2 assists in Bundesliga 2 for perspective. He definitely looks like he may have turned a corner but this is all in the Austrian league and a couple of CL matches. When he plays for Korea he doesn't have the hold up play to play as a striker and on the wing isn't the best with his decision making. He's still one of our best players of course but hes never proven hes anything close to Utd standard before this season imo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hwang and Minamino are probably going to cost a fortune at this point. But, they bring the work rate we lack against lesser opposition. Some of our players could not be bothered against lower table teams.
7m release clause, and Liverpool leaking this morning they want to sign him :lol: Meh.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Both Minamino and Hwang are the under the radar type of signings that will blow up in the future when they move to big clubs.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
£7.25m? Well regardless who it is, he's definitely on the move then.

Fosu-Mens

Is he as good as Minamino?:smirk:
Considering that Minamoto was the surname given to members of the imperial Japanse family not in the line for succession, a number of them were quite good I reckon.
I don't know any connection between them and Minamino, but then again my knowledge about certain Japanese family trees are not the best.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Literally the kind of move we should be making. So cheap yet will be a £100 million player within 2 years at Liverpool. So annoying if he goes there.

Bwuk

7m is peanuts. He's looked great whenever I've seen him.

We should be all over this.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
She's a LFC mouthpiece, so that's pretty interesting.
Yeah, she usually is clued in on club happenings. I just read the article and though destination undecided, he is a goner for sure.

From the article:
Christoph Freund, sporting director of the Austrian champions, told The Independent this week that the 24-year-old is ready to accelerate his development at one of Europe’s elite clubs after five years of service.
“He is an outstanding player with an outstanding personality,” Freund told The Independent. “The big clubs have been watching him and if I was them, I’d have no hesitation to sign him. Takumi is ready to make the next step in January.

Suv666

Liverpool bound according to Sky. What a shame, looks like a top talent.

theklr

Well, if they are getting him they aint getting Sancho, so ...

BlueHaze

Not sure what the fuss about this guy is all about. Every time I've seen him live I've not seen much to suggest he's anything special. He's also 25 in January so not really some super young talent here. Never scored more than 11 goals in a league of very poor quality. Players like Sancho or Chiesa is what I have my eyes set on. Although if he goes to Liverpool I can definitely see him become much better due to Klopp but he would be a bench player anyway since Salah has that spot locked down.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, she usually is clued in on club happenings. I just read the article and though destination undecided, he is a goner for sure.

From the article:
Yeah, at that price, he could go to any top 6 team in europe, or anyone in the prem tbf.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
She's a LFC mouthpiece, so that's pretty interesting.
Yeah, and Pearce reporting it too an hour ago. Seems like a done deal, pretty excited about this.

Last edited:

VJ1762

Wtf are our scouts even doing? Watch us spend 100M on someone and flop. Dark dark times.

Godfather

With him you get a cheap and young talent with the right attitude. If he fails it won't be much of a loss.
With Sancho I always fear he'll end up like Depay. Looks the same type of guy. Just that he'll cost a fortune.

VJ1762

With him you get a cheap and young talent with the right attitude. If he fails it won't be much of a loss.
With Sancho I always fear he'll end up like Depay. Looks the same type of guy. Just that he'll cost a fortune.
This is true. In this era of average players going for multi-millions, we need to be smart in signing players. Seems like Woodward is really hell bent on sinking us in mediocrity.