Takumi Minamino / signs for Liverpool. Transfer 1st January

Resch

I've not watched him a lot but from what I've seen of him, he would walk into our team. I mean it wouldn't take a lot to displace Lingard, Mata, Pereira.
No he would not. Taki is a great player, but he needs a special sort of players around him. We do not have these players like Mane or Salah. Our game is to slow, so Taki would have problems with the physicality of the PL. He would be lost most of the time. Liverpool press high, plays fast. Physicality becomes a smaller factor under these circumstances and Taki has a chance to shine.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I can't believe we DIDN'T go for Minamino with a $7m buyout clause.. The guy is a Japanese international with 11 goals in 22 appearances. He's the jewel in the Salzburg side.

Either we didn't know about the low buyout clause or we're tracking the wrong player. Either way, it stinks.
How do you know we didn’t and how do you know that a Liverpool deal wasn’t struck a while back?

Stop using other clubs’ transfers to constantly beat Utd with. It’s tedious

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Very good business by Liverpool, he is good on the ball and will offer a lot of creativity.
Probably see the end of one or two of their squad. They can’t accommodate all their midfielders

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Can't wait for us to (greatly) overpay for another player again instead. All that sponsorship etc money we re bringing in more than other clubs is a bit of a joke when we spent Bentley money for a Fiat, no?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Reckon he will start strong, since teams will have far more more concern about stopping others in our team team than him and he's an unknown entity, which will have the hand wringing crowd overrating him in order to moan about how united to it all wrong by contrast.

Then he'll have a struggling period once teams start taking him seriously and the adrenaline wears off. Then the opposite crowd will get to say he was always overrated and showing why he costs only 7m.

Sometime in spring 2021 we'll have an idea of what he's actually about.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Reckon he will start strong, since teams will have far more more concern about stopping others in our team team than him and he's an unknown entity, which will have the hand wringing crowd overrating him in order to moan about how united to it all wrong by contrast.

Then he'll have a struggling period once teams start taking him seriously and the adrenaline wears off. Then the opposite crowd will get to say he was always overrated and showing why he costs only 7m.

Sometime in spring 2021 we'll have an idea of what he's actually about.
He needs time to adapt to both EPL and also Klopp's system. It will take at least a year for him to ease in.

Dante

Average bang
Poor bastard. I feel sorry for him having to live in Liverpool and be surrounded by scouse cnuts every day.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He might be great or he might be another kagawa. But at that price it’s worth a punt
If he's even half the player Kagawa was for Jürgen Klopp before he moved to Manchester, then Liverpool will have got themselves a good player. Would not be so surprised if he doesn't feature all that much the 2nd half of this season, maybe a couple starts, few appearances from the sub bench, as he learns how to play in that team and settles into the squad and league. Then next season he'll get a chance to shine.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The guy turns 25 in January yet I never heard of him before this season. Football can be funny like that sometimes.

ghagua

Great signing for the Scousers for peanuts. Minamino, Mane and Salah are going to give defenses nightmares with their movements.

Irrational.

So according to the BBC article, he scored a stunner against us in a pre-season friendly as an 18 year old for Cerezo, leading to Moyes being complimentary about him post match.

Curse you Moyes!

luke511

So according to the BBC article, he scored a stunner against us in a pre-season friendly as an 18 year old for Cerezo, leading to Moyes being complimentary about him post match.

Curse you Moyes!
I actually remember this, great goal

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
For 7 million you'd have thought there'd be a mass bidding war if he's as good as most in here seem to think.

ghagua

Don't see much of interest in that video. Looks like every one of those videos ever of players that came to England and did nowt.
Yea, but we have Lingard playing a position which Minamino could have played. Even if he did not light it up like in the highlights here.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Hwang and Minamino are probably going to cost a fortune at this point. But, they bring the work rate we lack against lesser opposition. Some of our players could not be bothered against lower table teams.
£7.5m

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
He needs time to adapt to both EPL and also Klopp's system. It will take at least a year for him to ease in.
Just as Robertson and Fabinho, it will take him a while to acclimatize. Salzburg has good reputation of developing players' fundamental nd apparently Liverpool based their traning facility off Salzburg. Maybe instead of a year, it will be half a season. He seems to have the necessary footballing brain to play in Klopp's system.

I don't think him being a bit slight will be much of a concern. His injury record suggest he's pretty durable. He seems dogged without being reckless, the low centre of gravity certainly helps. He's got great acceleration and decent top speed to go along with his passing ability. Finally Klopp might get his Gotze after all, and for a cutoff price.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Do you know how many players they signed this summer?
Klopp had said from the outset that it wouldn't be a big window, maybe nothing, and we'd only move if the right player is available.

So yeah, we couldn't get the right player in.

Except Adrian. Ffs, we labour with mignolet and Karius for years as starters, then sign a backup who is clearly better than both for nothing within 24 hours of shipping out the last one. Why did it have to be so long, Jürgen?

Ancient Of Days

Looks like a hybrid between mane and Salah in terms of potentially being able to rip up prem defense at the drop of the hat with his mere pace and movement

Low risk signing with the potential to be a bargain.

It's probably best we were not in for him though. He would have upset the culture and we don't want to impede the development of Chong and Jesse Lingard