Takumi Minamino

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He's not even a Firmino backup. As has been mentioned above he's a nothing player. Not a wide forward, not a pacy winger, not a number 9 and not an attacking midfielder. He's scored a few good goals for us, in the cups ironically, but that's just papering over his quite obvious lack of anything useful.

Curtis Jones came on to play in his position and in 20 minutes made Minamino look a mug.
That shouldn't mean anything though, Coutinho was also none of those things. He's just not good enough. Ship him off to some midtable team where he'll be decent enough for £20m this summer and everyone's happy.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That shouldn't mean anything though, Coutinho was also none of those things. He's just not good enough. Ship him off to some midtable team where he'll be decent enough for £20m this summer and everyone's happy.
That is really unfair on Coutinho. He was both a very good number 9 and attacking midfielder with two DMs behind him.

Just like the strange offers for Nat Phillips, no club in the PL or Europe will offer more than £7m for Minamino.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's not even a Firmino backup. As has been mentioned above he's a nothing player. Not a wide forward, not a pacy winger, not a number 9 and not an attacking midfielder. He's scored a few good goals for us, in the cups ironically, but that's just papering over his quite obvious lack of anything useful.

Curtis Jones came on to play in his position and in 20 minutes made Minamino look a mug.
I think though if I were to assess where he would be best in the PL it would probably be through the middle rather than out wide.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's awful. No upper body strength to hold the ball, no acceleration to go past players. The urgency and aggressive movement he showed in salzburg has been utterly nullified by the physicality, pace and lack of space in English football.

He's a generic attacking player with no outstanding attributes and clear weaknesses.

Needs to go to a lesser league to be any good.

I don't blame the club for taking a punt on him, but keeping him and having to rely on him as our 6th choice attacker was a huge mistake.

It's unbelievable that we are in this situation. FSG have completely bungled the reinvestment into the squad. They sit there claiming poverty with a 100m profit on transfers in the past two years and a franchise they bought for 300m which is now worth 2.3b. feck off.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
He's awful. No upper body strength to hold the ball, no acceleration to go past players. The urgency and aggressive movement he showed in salzburg has been utterly nullified by the physicality, pace and lack of space in English football.

He's a generic attacking player with no outstanding attributes and clear weaknesses.

Needs to go to a lesser league to be any good.

I don't blame the club for taking a punt on him, but keeping him and having to rely on him as our 6th choice attacker was a huge mistake.

It's unbelievable that we are in this situation. FSG have completely bungled the reinvestment into the squad. They sit there claiming poverty with a 100m profit on transfers in the past two years and a franchise they bought for 300m which is now worth 2.3b. feck off.
Jesus, try being a United fan.

I wish our problem was the quality of our "6th choice" attacker.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Jesus, try being a United fan.

I wish our problem was the quality of our "6th choice" attacker.
Our underlying problems in the squad are just being masked by having Klopp at the helm. As soon as he's gone, without proper reinforcements, it'll be right back to where we came from before he arrived.

And it'll be an excellent opportunity wasted to secure the future of our club for the next 5 years after his spell as well.

Bobade

Our underlying problems in the squad are just being masked by having Klopp at the helm. As soon as he's gone, without proper reinforcements, it'll be right back to where we came from before he arrived.

And it'll be an excellent opportunity wasted to secure the future of our club for the next 5 years after his spell as well.
God willing.

IrishRedDevil

First time getting horny on Red Cafe.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There’s a reason we loaned him to Southampton last season. Origi is a better player, more suited to the Premier League than Minamino (they’re both crap btw).

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

Off thread topic, but How long do you reckon Klopp's got in him at Liverpool?

RooneyLegend

There’s a reason we loaned him to Southampton last season. Origi is a better player, more suited to the Premier League than Minamino (they’re both crap btw).
Origi is far from crap, in fact, he's one of the most underrated players in world football. Just doesn't fit the Liverpool system.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Off thread topic, but How long do you reckon Klopp's got in him at Liverpool?
Going by his comments in the past, not much. Probably a few more years, but I think he’ll be gone by 2025 for sure. And if we install a random manager as his replacement, it’ll be carnage because FSG don’t have a clue.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
And it looks like he's on his way out.
For all the talk of Liverpool's recruitment, seems as if they signed a player because they played the game of their life against them here. Never looked good enough.

Aboutreika18

Didn't see much of him last season but I did read his minutes per goals record was pretty handy and helped them in the earlier rounds of the cups.

I think he even finished as their top scorer in both cups so surprised if he is going to leave, seemed like a handy squad player, although the offers might be too good to refuse.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
hes in double figures somehow this past season.

Hell never make it with us, but reckon he could be good somewhere else.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
And it looks like he's on his way out.
For all the talk of Liverpool's recruitment, seems as if they signed a player because they played the game of their life against them here. Never looked good enough.
Fortunately for them he's not on such an outrageous wage that they'll have difficulty selling him for a profit. Something we could learn from.

Honestly, with Liverpool's hit rate they could afford the odd mistake. I wish our recruitment was anywhere close to being as successful as theirs.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I'm surprised by this. Regardless of the opposition, Minamino's goals have basically saved us from winning a quadruple of shit on our hands. We have him to thank for both cups.

But if we're putting the profit from his sale into Nunez's hefty price tag then there is a sensible logic behind it. Unlike certain clubs we still have to balance books regardless of how much we spend.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'm surprised by this. Regardless of the opposition, Minamino's goals have basically saved us from winning a quadruple of shit on our hands. We have him to thank for both cups.

But if we're putting the profit from his sale into Nunez's hefty price tag then there is a sensible logic behind it. Unlike certain clubs we still have to balance books regardless of how much we spend.
That sentence had more twists and turns than most novels.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s pretty shit but an inexpensive mistake at something like £7.75m. AOC, and Keita are the more expensive flops.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't know why but I always get reminded of that post of one dude saying that when everyone had halland on their radar from watching Salzburg klopp had minamino on his sights.

Well look at how that turned out ! :lol:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Contributed a fair bit to our domestic cup runs and had a decent goals to games ratio last season. 10 goals in 24 appearances isn't a bad output.

His ceiling is fairly low though.

Nick7

He’s pretty shit but an inexpensive mistake at something like £7.75m. AOC, and Keita are the more expensive flops.
It’s not really a mistake if he’s had a decent if unspectacular return and will make them nearly double their money.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Hard to count a squad player who cost 8 mill and is the top scorer in both the domestic cups we won a mistake.

NoPace

Going by his comments in the past, not much. Probably a few more years, but I think he’ll be gone by 2025 for sure. And if we install a random manager as his replacement, it’ll be carnage because FSG don’t have a clue.
Who are the guesses at candidates? Odds say the assistant or Gerrard. Gerrard seems insane, but a positive would be that he plays narrow with attacking fullbacks and TAA is still young. Potter? Maybe someone will emerge like Klopp I guess.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Who are the guesses at candidates? Odds say the assistant or Gerrard. Gerrard seems insane, but a positive would be that he plays narrow with attacking fullbacks and TAA is still young. Potter? Maybe someone will emerge like Klopp I guess.
That post was obviously before Klopp signed his extension, I believe his new contract runs until 2026. Literally no clue who we could turn to after him, but basically anyone would be a downgrade. I'd rather an established manager than an unknown (at a top club) like Potter (or Gerrard), but struggle to find a name. Perhaps someone like Nagelsmann might want a new challenge after that many years at Bayern (if he stays that long to begin with), that'd be ideal. Wouldn't say no to Tuchel either if he's available, but like I said I'd rather aim for a world class coach than give an opportunity to an up and coming one. Too much at risk and if we get it wrong, we will fall back to a struggling top 4 contender instead of a title challenger.

crossy1686

career ending
I vaguely remember United getting a tonne of shit when Liverpool signed this bloke. Apparently these were the players we should have been looking at, only £7m, world class back up option etc. What happened there then?

Josep Dowling

I vaguely remember United getting a tonne of shit when Liverpool signed this bloke. Apparently these were the players we should have been looking at, only £7m, world class back up option etc. What happened there then?
He hasn’t set the world alight but I’m sure Liverpool will sell him for a profit. I’d rather we took a chance on new players than extending contracts of players who fail season after season. Our bench contrived of players who should have been sold years ago, and going into this season it looks like it will be much of the same.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't know why but I always get reminded of that post of one dude saying that when everyone had halland on their radar from watching Salzburg klopp had minamino on his sights.

Well look at how that turned out ! :lol:
It was like a classic try-hard, Opta/Athletic tier analysis. So stupid.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I wish our poor signing's were only as bad as this one, 10 in 24 and likely to make a profit on his sale, the stuff we could only have dreamed of in recent years :lol:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I wish our poor signing's were only as bad as this one, 10 in 24 and likely to make a profit on his sale, the stuff we could only have dreamed of in recent years :lol:
I know I was thinking exactly that. The last thing your new manager needs is more expensive signings before he's even implemented a style of play. Minamino would have been ideal cheap fodder to put that style together and then gradually replace him later if needed once his vision was realised.

NoPace

That post was obviously before Klopp signed his extension, I believe his new contract runs until 2026. Literally no clue who we could turn to after him, but basically anyone would be a downgrade. I'd rather an established manager than an unknown (at a top club) like Potter (or Gerrard), but struggle to find a name. Perhaps someone like Nagelsmann might want a new challenge after that many years at Bayern (if he stays that long to begin with), that'd be ideal. Wouldn't say no to Tuchel either if he's available, but like I said I'd rather aim for a world class coach than give an opportunity to an up and coming one. Too much at risk and if we get it wrong, we will fall back to a struggling top 4 contender instead of a title challenger.
I forget he extended. 4 years is not worth speculating, it's so far away.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nah we don't need mediocrity like this. Some were claiming this guy was the real talent at Salsburg not Haaland and he's only been useful in cups.

tenpoless

He was signed to sell shirts but unfortunately they sold more shirts without his name on it than with. Because normal people don't want names behind their shirt to begin with (including kids as not to embarrass the parents).