Takumi Minamino

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He's not even a Firmino backup. As has been mentioned above he's a nothing player. Not a wide forward, not a pacy winger, not a number 9 and not an attacking midfielder. He's scored a few good goals for us, in the cups ironically, but that's just papering over his quite obvious lack of anything useful.

Curtis Jones came on to play in his position and in 20 minutes made Minamino look a mug.
That shouldn't mean anything though, Coutinho was also none of those things. He's just not good enough. Ship him off to some midtable team where he'll be decent enough for £20m this summer and everyone's happy.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
That shouldn't mean anything though, Coutinho was also none of those things. He's just not good enough. Ship him off to some midtable team where he'll be decent enough for £20m this summer and everyone's happy.
That is really unfair on Coutinho. He was both a very good number 9 and attacking midfielder with two DMs behind him.

Just like the strange offers for Nat Phillips, no club in the PL or Europe will offer more than £7m for Minamino.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's not even a Firmino backup. As has been mentioned above he's a nothing player. Not a wide forward, not a pacy winger, not a number 9 and not an attacking midfielder. He's scored a few good goals for us, in the cups ironically, but that's just papering over his quite obvious lack of anything useful.

Curtis Jones came on to play in his position and in 20 minutes made Minamino look a mug.
I think though if I were to assess where he would be best in the PL it would probably be through the middle rather than out wide.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's awful. No upper body strength to hold the ball, no acceleration to go past players. The urgency and aggressive movement he showed in salzburg has been utterly nullified by the physicality, pace and lack of space in English football.

He's a generic attacking player with no outstanding attributes and clear weaknesses.

Needs to go to a lesser league to be any good.

I don't blame the club for taking a punt on him, but keeping him and having to rely on him as our 6th choice attacker was a huge mistake.

It's unbelievable that we are in this situation. FSG have completely bungled the reinvestment into the squad. They sit there claiming poverty with a 100m profit on transfers in the past two years and a franchise they bought for 300m which is now worth 2.3b. feck off.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
He's awful. No upper body strength to hold the ball, no acceleration to go past players. The urgency and aggressive movement he showed in salzburg has been utterly nullified by the physicality, pace and lack of space in English football.

He's a generic attacking player with no outstanding attributes and clear weaknesses.

Needs to go to a lesser league to be any good.

I don't blame the club for taking a punt on him, but keeping him and having to rely on him as our 6th choice attacker was a huge mistake.

It's unbelievable that we are in this situation. FSG have completely bungled the reinvestment into the squad. They sit there claiming poverty with a 100m profit on transfers in the past two years and a franchise they bought for 300m which is now worth 2.3b. feck off.
Jesus, try being a United fan.

I wish our problem was the quality of our "6th choice" attacker.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Jesus, try being a United fan.

I wish our problem was the quality of our "6th choice" attacker.
Our underlying problems in the squad are just being masked by having Klopp at the helm. As soon as he's gone, without proper reinforcements, it'll be right back to where we came from before he arrived.

And it'll be an excellent opportunity wasted to secure the future of our club for the next 5 years after his spell as well.

Bobade

Our underlying problems in the squad are just being masked by having Klopp at the helm. As soon as he's gone, without proper reinforcements, it'll be right back to where we came from before he arrived.

And it'll be an excellent opportunity wasted to secure the future of our club for the next 5 years after his spell as well.
God willing.

IrishRedDevil

First time getting horny on Red Cafe.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
God willing.
First time getting horny on Red Cafe.
:D

Just gotta enjoy it while it lasts I guess but just frustrating to finally have the opportunity to capitalize on half a decade of good results and it simply gets ignored by bad governance (or sheer ignorance, dunno) from our owners.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There’s a reason we loaned him to Southampton last season. Origi is a better player, more suited to the Premier League than Minamino (they’re both crap btw).

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

Off thread topic, but How long do you reckon Klopp's got in him at Liverpool?

RooneyLegend

There’s a reason we loaned him to Southampton last season. Origi is a better player, more suited to the Premier League than Minamino (they’re both crap btw).
Origi is far from crap, in fact, he's one of the most underrated players in world football. Just doesn't fit the Liverpool system.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Off thread topic, but How long do you reckon Klopp's got in him at Liverpool?
Going by his comments in the past, not much. Probably a few more years, but I think he’ll be gone by 2025 for sure. And if we install a random manager as his replacement, it’ll be carnage because FSG don’t have a clue.