Takumi Minamino

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's been playing too deep I think, he looks ok higher up the pitch. He's better than smegging Origi anyway. Highly anonymous deeper in midfield though.
Both are irrelevant at this point. Just bodies on the pitch. It's incredible they get game time really.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Off to Southampton on loan. We were told this guy was something special weren't we? To be honest, I'd forgotten he existed.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Think he will be in the Bundesliga next season

OleBoiii

Wasn’t this guy meant to be the bargain of the century and was going to light up the PL?
Considering his low price and proven level in the CL, he was always gonna be considered a bargain. But I don't think anyone thought he would light up the PL. Even Liverpool supporters only considered him a bench option with potential.

He needs playtime in order to adapt to the PL. A loan move is smart.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Off to Southampton on loan. We were told this guy was something special weren't we? To be honest, I'd forgotten he existed.
I believe at the time our failure to snap up the deal of the century was a clear example of our woeful transfer strategy. We would later go on to panic buy Bruno.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Considering his low price and proven level in the CL, he was always gonna be considered a bargain. But I don't think anyone thought he would light up the PL. Even Liverpool supporters only considered him a bench option with potential.

He needs playtime in order to adapt to the PL. A loan move is smart.
Those I know deffo expected him to be starting after a while

I believe at the time our failure to snap up the deal of the century was a clear example of our woeful transfer strategy. We would later go on to panic buy Bruno.
Yeah there was that too :lol:

SATA

I still remember the ridiculous rage on the Caf that we allowed the dippers to sign him without us even trying to bid and that we are missing out on a talent. Turns out this player is actually kind of crap. The Caf knows best eh

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He was bought for 8m. Was worth a punt anyway. Daniel James cost us 15m, in comparison.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, or something like that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wasn't it his teammate who was more highly rated though ?
I've forgotten his name.

shaky

Wasn’t this guy meant to be the bargain of the century and was going to light up the PL?
He was the most astute signing in history, after Naby "the future best midfielder in the world" Keita apparently.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Who had covid?

T_Model101

Hard to see how they won't make a profit on him if the Southampton loan is in any way successful

NoPace

Is he gonna play out wide or be in the front 2 with Adams and Ings?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If Bournemouth were still in the PL, Liverpool would've got about 20 million for him.

OleBoiii

Seems to be doing well for Southampton.

I wonder if Liverpool will bring him back or sell him now that his price may go up again? He just turned 26 and seems to be a smart/silky player, so he could still be a few years away from his prime.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The run and the finish today was exquisite.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think he's a good player just a bad fit for Liverpool. Less pressure at Southampton maybe they will end up buying him if he continues his form.

Renegade

For all Klopps moaning it is strange he couldn’t find room for him with Jota out injured and Firmino being goal shy for 2 seasons.
I suppose that maybe would have required a system change which he doesn’t seem to fancy the idea off going off how Thiago’s being used.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't think he suits Liverpool. I said it last night but I'm so glad we picked up Demarai Gray as he would have been a perfect backup for Pool and would fit the Mane/Salah role to a tee. Minamino isn't that guy and would be better off leaving to a team that suits him better and he plays more often ala Southampton.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I don't think he suits Liverpool. I said it last night but I'm so glad we picked up Demarai Gray as he would have been a perfect backup for Pool and would fit the Mane/Salah role to a tee. Minamino isn't that guy and would be better off leaving to a team that suits him better and he plays more often ala Southampton.
Gray is inconsistent but has that X-Factor that you want from a forward player.

Minamino is a bit of a nothing player for me. Doesn’t excel in any department.

Zoo

Remember one of the Liverpool mouthpieces crowing about how perfect he was for Klopp and how Liverpool beat United to his signing.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Gray is inconsistent but has that X-Factor that you want from a forward player.

Minamino is a bit of a nothing player for me. Doesn’t excel in any department.
I think Minamino is more of a Firmino backup rather than Salah/Mane which is a problem as they now have Jota for that, aswell as Origi. They have too many central replacement players and not enough that suit the Salah/Mane role to replace them adequetely.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I think Minamino is more of a Firmino backup rather than Salah/Mane which is a problem as they now have Jota for that, aswell as Origi. They have too many central replacement players and not enough that suit the Salah/Mane role to replace them adequetely.
He's not even a Firmino backup. As has been mentioned above he's a nothing player. Not a wide forward, not a pacy winger, not a number 9 and not an attacking midfielder. He's scored a few good goals for us, in the cups ironically, but that's just papering over his quite obvious lack of anything useful.

Curtis Jones came on to play in his position and in 20 minutes made Minamino look a mug.