Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

Jev

Might make them more willing to sell. I see him as a player who could be really, really good in the right system. Wouldn't be opposed to signing him in January if we can offload Ronaldo. There aren't many better options out there.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Let's not do revisionism. He's playing bad right now, but he was one of our most decisive players last season. Scored the first goal/match winner in something like 15 games, including the 1-0 that sent us to the UECL final. Even when he wasn't scoring, he was doing a lot for the team. Hope he finds his form again, otherwise we're fecked.
He had 4 goals to his name this time last year with 2 of them being against Cska Sofia and Zoryia Luhansk from the UEFA Conference League. He started scoring at the end of the year - 18th December and continued his form until 20th March and then went on another 7 game slump.
He's been crazy overrated just because he's English but he's so mediocre. We've already seen how bad his finishing was under Lampard at Chelsea so this is nothing new but some just want to have an Englishman doing well in aforeign league.

kaku06

Might make them more willing to sell. I see him as a player who could be really, really good in the right system. Wouldn't be opposed to signing him in January if we can offload Ronaldo. There aren't many better options out there.
Very true.

Jericho

His finishing is horrendous
He hit the post twice there, yes the header was terrible. But overall he looked to be unlucky there, 99/100 times any player is scoring that open goal. He looks like he’s maybe out of form, but his movement is good and he’s getting in the right positions. The goals will come IMO.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Some people really do like to spit ire at certain players :lol:

Abraham is a very good player, technically very good, works hard and can score goals.

Reminds me a lot of Welbeck however in that despite being technically good he isn't a natural goal scorer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s an alright player. He had a 1 in 2 record for Roma in the league last season, which is about what you’d expect for his level. The 9 goals in 13 Conference matches padded his stats a bit.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
First chance was a bad miss. Second chance was unlucky really, as it was deflected right before it reached him and the last one was super unlucky too. His xG for the season is pretty high though, so unless he keeps missing huge chances, he should start climbing up the top scorers chart.

mav_9me

What you'd get with him is a bit like Saha. Pacy, athletic, good hold up play, running in behind the defenses too, would get many chances. How many he'd score is harder to see as you can see with his finishing. He would absolutely improve our attack quite a bit but ultimately how many goals is tricky with his finishing.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It’s not him playing, right now… it should be his stuntman, his cousin, his cosplayer…….

vangagal

His finishing really needs improvement big time. I've wacth Serie A this season as its entertain enough, he really have have a stinker missed every match. :lol:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I'd still take Tammy next season for us, we need a better alternative to Nketiah I believe if we want to have proper depth on the squad. He has a good all round game, height, pace, skill, speed. Would be a good alternative or even partner for Jesus.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
First chance was a bad miss. Second chance was unlucky really, as it was deflected right before it reached him and the last one was super unlucky too. His xG for the season is pretty high though, so unless he keeps missing huge chances, he should start climbing up the top scorers chart.
Would you be happy to have this "he's just unlucky" chap as your main striker?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
When unlucky has a clear pattern, you have to start to question how much luck is playing into the final result. Timo was a great guy, but absolutely the unluckiest striker.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I am not going to entertain a conversation where someone can't admit Drogba was a prolific goal scorer. fecking ridiculous, I'll assume your 12 and didn't watch him play.
In the 8 seasons he's been in the EPL he's averaged 12.5 goals per season. That's not prolific is it?
His EPL goal stats
2011/12 5
2010/11 11
2009/10 29
2008/09 5
2007/08 8
2006/07 20
2005/06 12
2004/05 10

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I am not going to entertain a conversation where someone can't admit Drogba was a prolific goal scorer.
I am not going to entertain a conversation with someone who thinks scoring 15+ goals only twice in 8 PL seasons is prolific

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That looks very bad. They’re saying he could have snapped his ACL.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Awful.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it looked but next season is a write off.

He's been carrying a few knocks for basically the last month and could only manage 70 minutes in the Europa final so surprised he was involved tonight although Roma had to win to make sure they finished Europa league.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
That looks very bad. They’re saying he could have snapped his ACL.

Caps off a pretty miserable year on the pitch for him. Talk was Roma were willing to sell this summer as well so you'd imagine a move back to the Premier League would have been on the cards. Horrible timing for him, not that there's ever a good time to pick up a serious injury.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Poor season ended by an injury that will make future clubs suspicious. What else can go wrong for him?

Alfie092

Shame about the injury and hope he makes a full recovery and gets back to his best!

He is a quality player when at his best, yes he had an off-season but if he goes back to his best he is a player I want United to sign to be our main number 9 in January!