Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Are people still lying to themselves that he is shit?
No, he did convince me of the opposite. But there is still a lot of room for improvement.
That's a worrying point for me because so many british strikers/attacking players have excelled at a young age but have not really stepped it up a notch or two subsequently. Kane, Rooney are really outliers in that sense - and Tammy is not there yet and it's not even close.
To sum it up, he had a great start to his Chelsea full-time career, but I would still need to see him play in a second season in that role.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not amazing striker, but will be a very good squad player in terms of offering quality for rotation.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Lad is only just 22, he can improve weak areas of his game and peak in late 20's.

Most important thing is he's already finding the net regularly, despite some technical deficiencies.

Have to consider, Drogba for example joined us at 26. Tammy has the potential to reach that level in 3 or 4 years.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Ah, I did not mean to be critical of him. He could not have been better until now. He has surpassed all expectations of him.

All I am saying is, that I would still not be convinced whether he is still a long term solution. I need a second season to positively confirm that.

Twingatz

He's got a long way to go but I like him. I think if he keeps working at his game he can get to Drogba levels. He already has more goals than Drogba did in his first season for Chelsea.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Contract runs until '23, but reports said earlier he was waiting to see about his game time before committing to a new deal - now reports say Chelsea have shelved renewal plans until the summer. He can't even make the bench under Tuchel (albeit, now he's picked up another small injury).

What do the resident Chelsea fans think - will he be happy to play every three or four games or will he make a move this summer?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Contract runs until '23, but reports said earlier he was waiting to see about his game time before committing to a new deal - now reports say Chelsea have shelved renewal plans until the summer. He can't even make the bench under Tuchel (albeit, now he's picked up another small injury).

What do the resident Chelsea fans think - will he be happy to play every three or four games or will he make a move this summer?
He is leaving barring a major miracle Doesn't suit their new manager at all.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Tuchel seeing what everyone else knew, he's nowhere near good enough for a top 4 side

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel seeing what everyone else knew, he's nowhere near good enough for a top 4 side
Agree with you, he could have improved though. It’s his attitude and body language on the pitch that concerned me most.

He'll be sold in the summer I think.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I think he's a wonderful backup option for us but granted he has bigger ambitions for his career, so since we already signed Werner and Havertz and we appear to be in the market for another marquee striker, it's safe to say I don't expect him to sign a new contract, even if one was offered to him. Shame really, as I do think the potential is there but such is life. I knew when all these academy lads burst onto the scene that some of them would eventually not quite be good enough and fall by the wayside.

Juanito

Supports
Chelsea
I think he is good enough to be a squad player but obviously he himself wants more. Won't cry if / when he leaves though.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Hes off and will end up at villa or wolves id guess. Or a club of that ilk

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think he is good enough to be a squad player but obviously he himself wants more. Won't cry if / when he leaves though.
That's how I feel. He's perfect for a rotation player who will stat pad against the fodder but against top and even top ish defenders he is almost always kept firmly on a leash.

It's a shame as I'd have liked to have kept him in that role but if he wasn't a starring role elsewhere then fair enough and best of luck to him.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Wonder if he'd be keen to go to Dortmund as a Haaland makeweight? Think that league might suit him as he's generally pretty good when isolated against opposing CBs, it's when the opposition defense is well-structured that he struggles.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wonder if he'd be keen to go to Dortmund as a Haaland makeweight? Think that league might suit him as he's generally pretty good when isolated against opposing CBs, it's when the opposition defense is well-structured that he struggles.
Not a bad idea. Will Haaland seriously join Chelsea though, given he can choose any club pretty much..

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Not a bad idea. Will Haaland seriously join Chelsea though, given he can choose any club pretty much..
Think we're dark horses at the moment. There have been murmurings that Abramovich wants him and on top of that historically we've not stood in the way of our players moving to big Spanish clubs if that's what he's keen on.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Think we're dark horses at the moment. There have been murmurings that Abramovich wants him and on top of that historically we've not stood in the way of our players moving to big Spanish clubs if that's what he's keen on.
At least, with your owner's ambition, you're less of a dark horse than United.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If you look at all the squads that he could possibly go to, I would say they make the most sense. However, there is much more to a transfer than the squad.

If rumours are true that the fee has to be paid in full upfront then I would say it is between City, Chelsea and PSG in that order. I think Utd are players and he would be fantastic but no way the Glazer's layout £90m+ upfront and what a minimum of £350k a week plus whatever insane agent fee he fat agent wants.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Remains to be seen! All I'd say is that both of us are in the small handful of clubs that realistically can meet Dortmund's demands this summer.
A strong run in the CL could help here. It carried significant influence when Eden Hazard was being courted by half of Europe. If Chelsea make it to the final or the unthinkable happens and we actually go and win it, we could become one of the prime destinations. As it is though, I won't bother getting giddy about the prospects of Haaland at Chelsea. He is being chased by too many top clubs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Probably won't make the euros now which will be big blow to him and given way season is panning out certainly won't be committing to new deal anytime soon.

I actually think he'd be a good fit for someone like Leicester post Vardy but seems they want Edouard from Celtic. Maybe Everton will have a look.

Would certainly take him back at Villa, desperately need another good striker in the squad.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Probably won't make the euros now which will be big blow to him and given way season is panning out certainly won't be committing to new deal anytime soon.

I actually think he'd be a good fit for someone like Leicester post Vardy but seems they want Edouard from Celtic. Maybe Everton will have a look.

Would certainly take him back at Villa, desperately need another good striker in the squad.
There are plenty of clubs that would take Abraham. As unorthodox as he is, he is actually had a pretty decent goals to minute ratio:

2020/21 - 1 goal per 126 minutes
2019/20 - 1 goal per 164 minutes
2018/19 - 1 goal per 136 minutes

On top of this, he has 15 assist.

The way I see it, is he isn't top 4/CL quality at this moment in time (and I doubt he will get there, although I could be wrong.)

However, with that record, his age, contract, experience at a top club and nationality, there will be a number of clubs who will pay say £30-£40m for him.

I would list all of the following as options:

Palace
Wolves (if Jimenez has problems coming back)
Villa
Brighton
West Ham
Soton (if they lose Ings)
Fulham (if they stay up)

userman

I see that surprisingly many don't rate Tammy Abraham here. Given that we don't get Haaland(which is the likely outcome) and that Cavani might leave this summer already, I would be happy to see Abraham joining us if he's leaving Chelsea and if the fee is not ludacris.
In my mind he's proven in the PL and has the attributes of a good nr.9; got physical presence about him and aerial ability, fast, good finisher, decent in his link-up play, has a much better positional sense and is more of a natural nr.9 compared to Martial.

He's also still young and I believe he can develop into a top-class nr.9 in the future.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I see that surprisingly many don't rate Tammy Abraham here. Given that we don't get Haaland(which is the likely outcome) and that Cavani might leave this summer already, I would be happy to see Abraham joining us if he's leaving Chelsea and if the fee is not ludacris.
In my mind he's proven in the PL and has the attributes of a good nr.9; got physical presence about him and aerial ability, fast, good finisher, decent in his link-up play, has a much better positional sense and is more of a natural nr.9 compared to Martial.

He's also still young and I believe he can develop into a top-class nr.9 in the future.
What! No

Pow

Supports
Chelsea

60 mil and he's yours.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

Ed, is that you?

Brightonian

Given how obviously Tuchel is freezing him out, is there a chance he'd go relatively cheap this summer? If we can't pay the big bucks for the likes of Haaland or Kane or we're looking to spend most of our budget elsewhere (RW, DM), I wouldn't say no to Abraham for £35m or so. I don't see how they'd be able to ask for more than we'll get for Lingard, given that Lingard is West Ham's key attacking player with some of the best numbers in the league whereas Abraham has never been further from Chelsea's starting XI than he is now. So you could just spend the Lingard income directly on Abraham.

He is not a world class striker, but he does all the things we really need our #9 to do and which Martial doesn't offer. He's a fox in the box. He makes endless runs off the ball. He doesn't get drawn deep when he isn't getting the ball - he will hold his high position and be patient. He scores headers. And he's only 23, with obvious room for further improvement.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Can see him at Villa or Arsenal, initially on loan with the option to buy.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Given how obviously Tuchel is freezing him out, is there a chance he'd go relatively cheap this summer? If we can't pay the big bucks for the likes of Haaland or Kane or we're looking to spend most of our budget elsewhere (RW, DM), I wouldn't say no to Abraham for £35m or so. I don't see how they'd be able to ask for more than we'll get for Lingard, given that Lingard is West Ham's key attacking player with some of the best numbers in the league whereas Abraham has never been further from Chelsea's starting XI than he is now. So you could just spend the Lingard income directly on Abraham.

He is not a world class striker, but he does all the things we really need our #9 to do and which Martial doesn't offer. He's a fox in the box. He makes endless runs off the ball. He doesn't get drawn deep when he isn't getting the ball - he will hold his high position and be patient. He scores headers. And he's only 23, with obvious room for further improvement.
You wouldn’t say no to a striker that’s Championship level at best?
At least Tuchel has realised this