Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
There is obviously something going on behind the scenes for Tammy to not even make the squad in recent games. My guess is Tuchel has a problem with his attitude or similar... Maybe making a point with Emerson yesterday? We don't really need two LB on the bench.

Tammy is more of a goal threat than Werner has been recently, though I think Werner is more suited to playing the inside left forward / wing position to assist whoever is playing as a striker.

CM

He has to move. If Tuchel favours the likes of Havertz and Werner over him up front the writing's on the wall.

Abraham will move to one of the midtable teams and probably do pretty well for himself. I'm sure a few of them will be interested.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You wouldn’t say no to a striker that’s Championship level at best?
At least Tuchel has realised this
He has 21 in 56 in the PL, that's almost a 1 in 2 record. Definitely not just a Champ level player. He's a good squad player for a European team and starter for a mid-table PL side.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There's no doubt in my mind Tammy can be a solid striker for a midtable side in this league. He has some good attributes but needs consistent playing time and confidence from the coach to realise his full potential. No reason he cant be a success for Wolves, Soton , Everton, Villa.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There is obviously something going on behind the scenes for Tammy to not even make the squad in recent games. My guess is Tuchel has a problem with his attitude or similar... Maybe making a point with Emerson yesterday? We don't really need two LB on the bench.

Tammy is more of a goal threat than Werner has been recently, though I think Werner is more suited to playing the inside left forward / wing position to assist whoever is playing as a striker.
Or manager simply does not fancy him and is making it clear.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
My friends who are Chelsea fans find him annoying and not good.

It kind of shows the grass is greener type thing at other clubs.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I think he'll go to West Ham in the summer.
Aston Villa would be my bet if he moves this summer. £35 to £40 mil would probably get it done.

I'd certainly be happy for him to stay next season and fight for a place but it seems Tuchel is not a fan which is a shame but of the 4 academy players Lampard used the most (Mount, James, Tammy and CHO), Tammy probably was the outside bet to make it under a different boss.

gazbradley

He’s another to add to the list of Ings, Silva, Belotti. None feel the right signing to take us to the next level but if Cavani leaves we’d definitely need another body in the there. Don’t see Chelsea selling to us for a reasonable fee though so probably a non starter. People saying he’s championship level though is crazy, he’s a good centre forward with potential who needs a coach to help him improve

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If he has any sense he goes to Dortmund and becomes the next Bellingham/Sancho overnight.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Aston Villa would be my bet if he moves this summer. £35 to £40 mil would probably get it done.

I'd certainly be happy for him to stay next season and fight for a place but it seems Tuchel is not a fan which is a shame but of the 4 academy players Lampard used the most (Mount, James, Tammy and CHO), Tammy probably was the outside bet to make it under a different boss.
I think even under Lampard he was set to struggle long term. Frank turned to Oli last season when it got to the crunch and gave Werner the nod this campaign (when it was one of the other).

cyberman

Feck, thats a hugely optimistic transfer fee

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

My friends and college of Chelsea fans told me the same. They don’t rate this guy even since last season. To be fair, I also don’t rate him based on what I watched him. He’s too limited to be top striker, I rate DCL above him. However, he has good movement when in the box, he seems to know where he needs to be to score goals especially those tap in goals he scored.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Like many have said, he’ll do a solid job somewhere a further down the table. He’s still Chelsea’s joint top scorer this season.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
He’s a striker who will score for us when we’re dominating against small teams but is often useless against top teams. His all around play simply isn’t good enough to be our #1 option and he offers basically nil when he’s not in the box.

If he’s okay being a rotation option next season (which I doubt) I’d keep him since Giroud will leave. But I think a midtable team where he can be the main man every game is his level. Very solid but not the top class player we need to challenge for the title.

Baneofthegame

Nah, last summer, mid Covid, you saw Championship players going for £30 plus million, Ake went for £41m, . Rhian fecking Brewster went for £24!

If Tammy moves this summer, He'll not go for less than £35 million.
We may as well swap Lingard for Rice straight up if Abraham is worth 35 million.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
We may as well swap Lingard for Rice straight up if Abraham is worth 35 million.
If Lingard goes for less than Tammy, you need to sack whoever is in charge of transfers.

Tammy is a lot younger than Lingard and also a centre forward, they always go for more than other positions but even so, you'll get more for Lingard if you do decide to sell.

Abraxas

I think he'd go for good money. He's still young, has some good attributes, has shown he can score goals. That is valuable to a lot of clubs even if his overall play leaves something to be desired.

It's not that easy for any club to find goalscorers befitting of their level. If I was a club down the table he'd certainly be somebody of interest and if you're going to spend a good bit of money then it would be for a striker.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Feck, thats a hugely optimistic transfer fee
Why? Liverpool got £20-25m for players that barely ever kicked a PL ball.

For all his faults he offers a proven goal record at this level, for a team's in even the slightest risk of relegation that would be goal dust.

cyberman

Why? Liverpool got £20-25m for players that barely ever kicked a PL ball.

For all his faults he offers a proven goal record at this level, for a team's in even the slightest risk of relegation that would be goal dust.
Its covid times and Tammy isnt even that prolific. If he was worth that much, wouldn't you keep him as backup at least? There arent many back up strikers that gets that sort of fee.
Thats like 10m more than Lingard will go for.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He has to move. If Tuchel favours the likes of Havertz and Werner over him up front the writing's on the wall.

Abraham will move to one of the midtable teams and probably do pretty well for himself. I'm sure a few of them will be interested.
He’ll bang them in for a mid-table side like villa pushing to get top 4-6, then the big teams will start sniffing around him again. Klopp could turn him into a player

userman

Given how obviously Tuchel is freezing him out, is there a chance he'd go relatively cheap this summer? If we can't pay the big bucks for the likes of Haaland or Kane or we're looking to spend most of our budget elsewhere (RW, DM), I wouldn't say no to Abraham for £35m or so. I don't see how they'd be able to ask for more than we'll get for Lingard, given that Lingard is West Ham's key attacking player with some of the best numbers in the league whereas Abraham has never been further from Chelsea's starting XI than he is now. So you could just spend the Lingard income directly on Abraham.

He is not a world class striker, but he does all the things we really need our #9 to do and which Martial doesn't offer. He's a fox in the box. He makes endless runs off the ball. He doesn't get drawn deep when he isn't getting the ball - he will hold his high position and be patient. He scores headers. And he's only 23, with obvious room for further improvement.
Abraham will obviously not be the marquee signing this summer, but I agree with you that he should be considered as an alternative as we do need to strengthen the striker position. Compared to other "budget"-alternatives for the striker role, such as Andre Silva(unproven in PL) and Ings(injury prone and limited resale value) Abraham represents low-risk/high-reward as he offers a proven track-record in the PL, resale value, and attributes of a nr.9 that we won't pocess after Cavani leaves.

If bailly leaves we need another CB, we do need a DM, someone to challenge AWB, and we need a ST now that Cavani is likely set to leave.
The squad(and starting 11) still has several gaps that needs adressing and there's no way that we will buy players like Haaland or Kane and still be adressing those other areas.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Never been impressed with him. Always thought he was the least talented out of the academy graduates under Lampard (including Tomori). He does have that poacher's instinct, but rarely does it make up for his non-existent playing ability especially against the top sides. He's also incredibly poor with his head for a player with his height.
If getting Haaland still looks like a pipe dream in the summer, I wouldn't blink at swapping him for Watkins.

Idxomer

They're right, he's terrible.

Someone will overpay and regret it later.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Given how obviously Tuchel is freezing him out, is there a chance he'd go relatively cheap this summer? If we can't pay the big bucks for the likes of Haaland or Kane or we're looking to spend most of our budget elsewhere (RW, DM), I wouldn't say no to Abraham for £35m or so. I don't see how they'd be able to ask for more than we'll get for Lingard, given that Lingard is West Ham's key attacking player with some of the best numbers in the league whereas Abraham has never been further from Chelsea's starting XI than he is now. So you could just spend the Lingard income directly on Abraham.

He is not a world class striker, but he does all the things we really need our #9 to do and which Martial doesn't offer. He's a fox in the box. He makes endless runs off the ball. He doesn't get drawn deep when he isn't getting the ball - he will hold his high position and be patient. He scores headers. And he's only 23, with obvious room for further improvement.
You can't be serious? He's a championship level player ffs :lol:

Brightonian

You can't be serious? He's a championship level player ffs :lol:
Others in the thread clearly do not agree. Nor do I. I'm not claiming he's a star, just proposing him as a cheaper back-up signing if we lose Cavani and can't get one of the top quality strikers going for big bucks.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Considering the level of the Championship these days that's not a disservice.

city-puma

Others in the thread clearly do not agree. Nor do I. I'm not claiming he's a star, just proposing him as a cheaper back-up signing if we lose Cavani and can't get one of the top quality strikers going for big bucks.
No shame for thinking about it really. I think he can offer something to improve our squad and he has big potential really. If we go for him, I am happy.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

He’s another to add to the list of Ings, Silva, Belotti. None feel the right signing to take us to the next level but if Cavani leaves we’d definitely need another body in the there. Don’t see Chelsea selling to us for a reasonable fee though so probably a non starter. People saying he’s championship level though is crazy, he’s a good centre forward with potential who needs a coach to help him improve
My god there's two of you

Guys he's absolutely shite, even Villa who he did quite well for have now got a better CF than him. West Ham are probably the only top half of the table side where he gets a game and even then I'd argue a converted wide player in Antonio is better

His level right now is probably Palace or Newcastle. He'd also fit right in at Brighton given they love to not score goals

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
There is a perfectly good season why Tuchel doesn't play him & that reason is that Tammy Abraham is nowhere near to being the complete package. He doesn't track back & doesn't create. He is a good poacher with great instincts around goal but lacks much of an aerial presence in the box.
Mid & lower league teams will undoubtedly be lining up for him based on his numbers but he is not for any team with top six aspirations.

gazbradley

My god there's two of you

Guys he's absolutely shite, even Villa who he did quite well for have now got a better CF than him. West Ham are probably the only top half of the table side where he gets a game and even then I'd argue a converted wide player in Antonio is better

His level right now is probably Palace or Newcastle. He'd also fit right in at Brighton given they love to not score goals
I think you’re misunderstanding what’s being said.
No ones saying he should be our number 1 target, just a potential backup gamble if we lose Cavani that wouldn’t use up our budget. If for example he was available for £15-20 mil I think he’d be a better option than say signing Ings for £30-35 mil. He’s good around the box and more of a poacher, something we’d lack if Cavani goes, and has shown he can score goals but I agree he isn’t consistent enough doing it and is lacking in other areas of the game but that’s the gamble and where good coaching would be needed.
You clearly think his level is lower Prem though which is fair enough, but if he leaves I think it’s more likely a top half team takes him

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I think you’re misunderstanding what’s being said.
No ones saying he should be our number 1 target, just a potential backup gamble if we lose Cavani that wouldn’t use up our budget. If for example he was available for £15-20 mil I think he’d be a better option than say signing Ings for £30-35 mil. He’s good around the box and more of a poacher, something we’d lack if Cavani goes, and has shown he can score goals but I agree he isn’t consistent enough doing it and is lacking in other areas of the game but that’s the gamble and where good coaching would be needed.
You clearly think his level is lower Prem though which is fair enough, but if he leaves I think it’s more likely a top half team takes him
He's not good enough to be our backup striker so why do you think he's good enough to be yours? Genuine question - strikes me as a prime case of "the grass is always greener".

royce987

He's not good enough to be our backup striker so why do you think he's good enough to be yours? Genuine question - strikes me as a prime case of "the grass is always greener".
They haven't seen him play, the same reason a lot of people used to rate Willian when he was at Chelsea.

gazbradley

He’s scored double figures for the past 2 seasons it’s not a bad return for a backup, it’s similar levels as Martial although I’m not saying he’s as good. I saw more of him early last season when he had that purple patch granted but thought he looked capable of scoring goals in the premier league if provided decent service. He’s also still young and signing him for a decent fee would be a low risk gamble in my opinion, also think it’s telling he’s being touted as moving to the likes of West Ham and Leicester today which is probably his level. But of options available to us in the summer without spending for Haaland or Kane I personally don’t think it’s the worst if the fee is right and gives us more to spend on a Sancho etc

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He’s scored double figures for the past 2 seasons it’s not a bad return for a backup, it’s similar levels as Martial although I’m not saying he’s as good. I saw more of him early last season when he had that purple patch granted but thought he looked capable of scoring goals in the premier league if provided decent service. He’s also still young and signing him for a decent fee would be a low risk gamble in my opinion, also think it’s telling he’s being touted as moving to the likes of West Ham and Leicester today which is probably his level. But of options available to us in the summer without spending for Haaland or Kane I personally don’t think it’s the worst if the fee is right and gives us more to spend on a Sancho etc
He's only really had backup minutes this season, last year he had plenty. The issue isn't his finishing, he offers very little in terms of buildup play.

Unless you think Tuchel is off his rocker or something it seems odd to want to buy a player who can't even make our squad at the moment even when it's expanded in cup competitions.

gazbradley

He's only really had backup minutes this season, last year he had plenty. The issue isn't his finishing, he offers very little in terms of buildup play.

Unless you think Tuchel is off his rocker or something it seems odd to want to buy a player who can't even make our squad at the moment even when it's expanded in cup competitions.
He also let Cavani leave PSG and I wouldn’t take many over Edi right now but that’s off topic and feel we’re debating over semantics and points I’m not making.
I’ve never said I wanted him in fact I said I don’t think he’s capable of taking us to the next level however I can see the logic in taking a punt on him for the right price. I also said I don’t think you’d sell for a price that would be near what would be worth taking so won’t happen anyway. The main point I was disagreeing with was people saying he’s Championship level and reminded me of the lunacy that was spouted about Lingard