Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

AshfordLad

You mean least bad ? We should start tapping Abraham up - even he must realise that he is not gonna get chances at Chelsea. While we can point to Rashford, Lingard etc - .he will get his chance here
Yes any young striker looking for time will go to a Mourinho team. There is delusional then 50 feet of sand underneath and then this post.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yes any young striker looking for time will go to a Mourinho team. There is delusional then 50 feet of sand underneath and then this post.
Chelsea club makes Jose look like a SAF or Van Gaal when it comes to playing youngster.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He'll only do well with service, so if they keep Sigurdsson and add a few more creative types, I think he could do quite well.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Chelsea's youth system always amuses me. They get these huge players in to dominate the Youth Cup with no intention of ever playing them. They literally loan everyone out. Can't think of the last decent player they've had through the academy or even half-decent..shite for that matter.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea's youth system always amuses me. They get these huge players in to dominate the Youth Cup with no intention of ever playing them. They literally loan everyone out. Can't think of the last decent player they've had through the academy or even half-decent..shite for that matter.
Err what? Tammy Abraham has been at Chelsea since he was 6, as have many other incredibly talented youngsters.

AshfordLad

Why does it amuse you? Are you a Chelsea fan.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Nah, Chelsea have some good youth players. They may not make it to the first team, but it doesn't mean they're not decent.

Offside

That doesn't answer the question but hey whatever tickles your fancy.
It did answer the question. It amuses me seeing shit clubs think they're big time.
Nah, Chelsea have some good youth players. They may not make it to the first team, but it doesn't mean they're not decent.
Never said that. I said they never make the first team.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
That never make the first team. Exactly my point.
Lots of them have made it to first team appearances. The difficulty is in giving them enough game time to develop into fully rounded top level players in an environment where we're expected to win every year. The loan system is supposed to ease them through development and deliver players who are already ready to step into the first team as full squad members. It hasn't delivered great success so far, but its at least an attempt to find a solution to a problem not many top clubs have found a way to solve.

AshfordLad

It did answer the question. It amuses me seeing shit clubs think they're big time.
Yeah its a newbie mistake. Although, doing the biggest club in the country 4 times in the rear can sometimes make them look big time.

Offside

Lots of them have made it to first team appearances. The difficulty is in giving them enough game time to develop into fully rounded top level players in an environment where we're expected to win every year. The loan system is supposed to ease them through development and deliver players who are already ready to step into the first team as full squad members. It hasn't delivered great success so far, but its at least an attempt to find a solution to a problem not many top clubs have found a way to solve.
They create their own problems though. They go and buy Belgian teenagers instead of giving the ones they already have a chance. Too many clubs do it. I'm sure United have also been guilty.
Ah yes, us silly Champions league, Premier league, endless other cup winning shit clubs getting ideas above our stations..
You 50 years without a title until Russian money was pumped into the club yeah. Can't think of a more plastic club.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
You 50 years without a title until Russian money was pumped into the club yeah. Can't think of a more plastic club.
That's ok, I'm sure we'll get over it as we polish our increasingly large trophy collection. ;)

WhoDaGOAT

Chelsea have the most dominant Academy since the days of The Busby Babes.

It's scandalous that they haven't sacrificed short term success for the long term gain and cultural identity that it would bring.

Big season ahead for Tammy.

Robbie Boy

Despite his goals last season, the few times I've seen him, I haven't been impressed. Think he'll struggle for gametime at Swansea and struggle in general when he does play. Bamford looked good in the Championship but utterly useless at PL level. Maybe he'll do well and surprise me but I doubt it.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Despite his goals last season, the few times I've seen him, I haven't been impressed. Think he'll struggle for gametime at Swansea and struggle in general when he does play. Bamford looked good in the Championship but utterly useless at PL level. Maybe he'll do well and surprise me but I doubt it.
If they make chances, he'll score them for sure. It will benefit him to have some actual quality around him.

Robbie Boy

If they make chances, he'll score them for sure. It will benefit him to have some actual quality around him.
The step up from the Championship is absolutely huge. There have been numerous strikers who have looked lethal at Championship level but looked hopeless in the PL.

AshfordLad

Chelsea have the most dominant Academy since the days of The Busby Babes.

It's scandalous that they haven't sacrificed short term success for the long term gain and cultural identity that it would bring.

Big season ahead for Tammy.
Yeah the Academy is doing great to the point that it couldn't be any better. Its better than Ajax, better than La Masia, well on its way to become a private clairefontaine.

Of course its (tragically) hilarious that Chelsea first team cant get themselves to use that talent but the academy is totally unreal.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
The step up from the Championship is absolutely huge. There have been numerous strikers who have looked lethal at Championship level but looked hopeless in the PL.
Yeah, absolutely. He will by no means set the Premier League alight in his first season, but I predict that his level of performance will be very good for somebody his age. He isn't pretty on the eye but he's a poacher.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
From what I've seen he is one of those strikers you'd describe as "a handful". Seems to be quite clumsy on the ball but makes up for it with his physical presence.

He may have scored well in the championship but if you look at the other top scorers you have the likes of Gayle, Murray, Wood, who you wouldn't say are premier league standard strikers

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Look out for Kasey Palmer on loan at Huddersfield Town.
Yep. He's just signed a contract extension at Chelsea and he did well for Huddersfield last season (when he wasn't injured).

GOod loan for him, the club knows him, he knows the club so should play a fair few games. I'm a big Palmer fan.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I hear a lot about Chelsea's academy being so good. Who are the best talents there?

AshfordLad

I hear a lot about Chelsea's academy being so good. Who are the best talents there?
Mason Mount is by far the best of the lot from last season. He is headed out on a loan soon I guess. Also Luke McCormick, Harvey St Clair and Dujon Sterling can be potential first team players for a top PL team.

To be honest the current lot is not as talented as the one we saw over the last 2-3 seasons. Its insane that one academy has produced the likes of Musonda, Boga, Tammy, Solanke, Chalobah, DaSilva, RLC, Colkett etc. All of them are going to have at least decent PL careers.

haram

He looks talented, but he does have Rashford and Kane in his way long term.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Has switched allegiances to Nigeria apparently.
This is annoying as an England supporter. Ola Aina did the same, both played for England at loads of different youth levels.

Moses, Aina and now Tammy (plus Mikel) playing for Nigeria means I'll be following the Super Eagles I guess!

Classical Mechanic

From what I can see online he denies it. Seems they are saying he will play in the WC if they get there, must be tempting. In ten years time half the Nigerian squad will be English.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If it's true, Nigeria have a few good talents. Abraham, Ndidi, Iwobi, Iheanacho, and Onyekuru. All plying their trade in the PL too (or at least will be next year). There's another young forward in Belgium called Emmanuel Dennis who is taking the league by storm.