Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
And he gets subbed off most games. Minute per goal/assist ratio must be great.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea fans pointing out penalties without which Hazard numbers would be on par with average played and Lampard loses close to 60 goals.
Im sorry forgot that rashford adds the brilliant hold up play link up play and makes chances for fun...

hubbuh

I also find it hilarious people are talking about pens as if they’re a given. Has no one watched us this season?!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Im sorry forgot that rashford adds the brilliant hold up play link up play and makes chances for fun...
At least you remembered now, so we are good.

Did you any chance remember that Rashford is a winger and Tammy is a CF?

Classical Mechanic

Not really hes been up front for more than half the season
Rashford isn’t a 9, he’s an inside forward, it’s a different position and if you put Tammy in it he’d look shite. I’m a big fan of Abraham but the comparison is pointless.

Players to compare Tammy to are Giroud, Bats, Vardy, Auba, Haller etc.

Jaae

Not ITK
I also find it hilarious people are talking about pens as if they’re a given. Has no one watched us this season?!
Exactly. It's harder to score a penalty than it is to socre a tap-in at the back post. Yet one gets singled out almost as if it's some kind of worthless, 'friendly' goal.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Rashford isn’t a 9, he’s an inside forward, it’s a different position and if you put Tammy in it he’d look shite. I’m a big fan of Abraham but the comparison is pointless.

Players to compare Tammy to are Giroud, Bats, Vardy, Auba, Haller etc.
So all those games martial missed you played without a striker ?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Tammy is a better striker than Rashford but the latter is simply the better player/footballer. Then again Rashford himself isn't a striker so I don't even get the comparison.

Most teams would take Rashford over Tammy

roonster09

Scout
And ? Even with pens tammys double his goals.
Heck pulisic who was written off on here has 5 goals too and hes on the wing.
What and? Player winning penalty is also contribution. Not that hard.

CF outscoring winger, what’s this sorcery.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Tammy is a better striker than Rashford but the latter is simply the better player/footballer. Then again Rashford himself isn't a striker so I don't even get the comparison.

Most teams would take Rashford over Tammy
That's not a given. A reliable goalscorer is rare

filibuster

Supports
Chelsea FC
A goal is a goal, the end!

Who is the better player only time will tell, but who is the more useful player? Easy, it is Tammy because he is a natural striker. If Rashford would play for Chelsea, where we would play him? Instead of Pulisic on the wing? Instead of Tammy in the CF role? I don't think so.

Rashford needs to play in a similar role to Griezmann at Atletico, and that's counter-attacking football. There are times in football when some roles are changing and players just don't fit systems. The glamour of a number 10 is gone, players like Mata, Ozil, James Rodriguez are not valued anymore, because the number 10 now is more about running and pressing.

If Tammy and Pulisic will continue their form, they both will outproduce (goals+assists) Rashford even without taking penalties because they both belong to a system and Rashford doesn't.

So the dilemma for United is simple really. Is Rashford the kind of player (talent/consistency/character) to build the team around? Because only then he will be the best he can be.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
The point in that post was so simple to undesirable.
No the point is when he played on the wing to no effect he was out of position and was meant to be a striker to the point where at the start of this season everyone on here was bigging him up as a centre forward heck his player performance thread has him down as a striker not winger. Now his performances up front have left a lot to be desired hes back to being a winger.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
All these Chelsea fans flooding this thread and thinking Tammy is the second coming. The fact that people feel the need to categorise Rashford as a CF so they can somehow tell and prove themselves that Tammy is this player beyond Rashford is funny.

Maybe through the British media fault, people think Rashford is a CF and he himself might have once thought that, but he simply isn't and it's not his best position. He isn't clinical enough to be that.

But what Rashford has over the likes of Tammy us everything else as a footballer. And true enough it would make sense to say Tammy is better if we're comparing them as CF and we box Rashford as one. But he isn't and if there is a need for comparison people have to compare them as footballers overall and not strictly as striker because one isn't, and in that case Rashford is simply the better and more talented player.

Talking about goals when comparing a CF and a winger is just silly. Compare them as footballers overall including other aspect of the game beside goals because that would obviously favor the one playing as the CF.

GazTheLegend

All this butthurt Chelsea shit because you’re annoyed about Rashfords comparisons?

You of all people should realise how good Rashford is. He’s fecked your team so many times.

That said, appreciate Tammy Abraham. Fantastic number 9 and destined to score many goals for England, you’re lucky to have him. Chelsea are a great side and Lampard is a great manager.

There’s no point slagging off Rashford though just to prove a point - they’re different players.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Funnily enough theres a rashford vs tammy thread made already by united fans but suddenly its out of the question to compare. Wonder why the 180 on the matter ?

The_Midfielder

How did he become so good? When he played in the PL with Swansea , he didn't look this good..

Classical Mechanic

Time's gonna tell on that one! :nervous:

Another lost Chelsea kid that I had really, really high hope for, Boga, seems to have found form in Italy.

The one I really, really rated though was Kasey Palmer.
I always backed Tammy too but I thought Solanke was better, he is technically but at the top level I think it's mentality that often makes the biggest difference. If you think how the world (and this forum) were laughing at Tammy and writing him off after the European Supercup, he's shrugged that off and after a quarter of the season is in contention for the golden boot.

How did he become so good? When he played in the PL with Swansea , he didn't look this good..
He was 19/20 then and playing in a terrible side with numerous managerial changes.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I always backed Tammy too but I thought Solanke was better, he is technically but at the top level I think it's mentality that often makes the biggest difference. If you think how the world (and this forum) were laughing at Tammy and writing him off after the European Supercup, he's shrugged that off and after a quarter of the season is in contention for the golden boot.
He has said himself that the Swansea loan was incredibly useful (more so than the Bristol City one) with regards to his confidence and how important it was to keep trying. At all levels he was banging them and all of a sudden he was not.

Classical Mechanic

He has said himself that the Swansea loan was incredibly useful (more so than the Bristol City one) with regards to his confidence and how important it was to keep trying. At all levels he was banging them and all of a sudden he was not.
I'd add that his form is not a surprise if you followed him at youth level, when he was a prolific scorer in the best youth side in Europe at the time.

roonster09

Scout
No the point is when he played on the wing to no effect he was out of position and was meant to be a striker to the point where at the start of this season everyone on here was bigging him up as a centre forward heck his player performance thread has him down as a striker not winger. Now his performances up front have left a lot to be desired hes back to being a winger.
Only time he played as CF consistently was half season under Van Gaal and few games under Ole. He played as winger all the time and also in every preseason game. He played as CF only when Martial was injured.

I don’t remember anyone comparing Hazard numbers with Lukaku.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Only time he played as CF consistently was half season under Van Gaal and few games under Ole. He played as winger all the time and also in every preseason game. He played as CF only when Martial was injured.

I don’t remember anyone comparing Hazard numbers with Lukaku.
Aint it weird how united fans on a united forum have him down as a centre forward then ?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I agree that comparing Tammy and Rashford is a bit pointless. The thing about Rashford is that he doesn't really have a position. He's not a natural winger and he's certainly not a #9 like Tammy.

Honestly, Rashford is more comparable to Pulisic than to Tammy. More of a second striker or wide forward.

roonster09

Scout
Aint it weird how united fans on a united forum have him down as a centre forward then ?
Many wanted him to play as CF, but he was always better as LW. I don’t know why you are so butthurt when people point out that Rashford almost always played as LW. He is versatile enough to play multiple positions with playing his best football as LW.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You of all people should realise how good Rashford is. He’s fecked your team so many times.
He's scored 5 career goals against us in I'm guessing about 15 games, two of which was against our B team.

I mean, it's a good record but we're not exactly talking Drogba and Rooney Vs Arsenal are we?