Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

Ivor Ballokov

Pogba is pushing it.

Does that mean we can claim Rice if/when he returns?
If you want to. We could possibly add Henderson too, he was first choice for part of last season and may be again when he gets fit.

Both teams doing a good job at the moment developing youth though. We're behind you on selling the ones who don't quite make it for a big profit though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
My post that you quoted was this.

Every game starters being the key words.
so this aged well :lol:

No James - ok I'll give you that one he's suspended
No Christiansen, on the bench

but every game starters is the key word right? :lol::lol::lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Strange way to enjoy a good win for your team.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

To be fair, Christensen just played qualifiers - Silva didn't. I do agree with your broader point though that denoting someone as an "every game starter" is a bit silly in the modern game, especially given how much is known now about overloading & recovery.

TheReligion

Abusive
I have to say it's nice to see Chelsea trying to catch United up with promoting youth. It's long overdue. That said United are phenomenal at it and just keep churning out talent. Not only that they give them the platform and opportunities to shine.

United's record with youth is pretty much untouchable.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I have to say it's nice to see Chelsea trying to catch United up with promoting youth. It's long overdue. That said United are phenomenal at it and just keep churning out talent. Not only that they give them the platform and opportunities to shine.

United's record with youth is pretty much untouchable.
Completely agree and it's why the criticisms that United "spent so much more" back in the day ring hollow - yes you broke individual records but not collective ones. This is the ideal way for a football club to be run and I can only be elated that Chelsea are doing this now belatedly - the deals that cripple you are those for squad players on big money and those are the exact squad positions that should be filled via the academy.

TheReligion

Abusive
Completely agree and it's why the criticisms that United "spent so much more" back in the day ring hollow - yes you broke individual records but not collective ones. This is the ideal way for a football club to be run and I can only be elated that Chelsea are doing this now belatedly - the deals that cripple you are those for squad players on big money and those are the exact squad positions that should be filled via the academy.
I wonder if that's going to be your long term model?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder if that's going to be your long term model?
I would hope so! The interesting wrinkle is that Chelsea might be outsourcing the initial evaluation of many youth players to other clubs via buy-back clauses - we sold Livramento for 5m for instance, but we have a 25m buy-back in place. Often there seems to be a reluctance to give huge minutes to loan players but if they've been purchased that might be mitigated.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
I would hope so! The interesting wrinkle is that Chelsea might be outsourcing the initial evaluation of many youth players to other clubs via buy-back clauses - we sold Livramento for 5m for instance, but we have a 25m buy-back in place. Often there seems to be a reluctance to give huge minutes to loan players but if they've been purchased that might be mitigated.
Other journos are reporting the buyback for Livramento is £40M.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Other journos are reporting the buyback for Livramento is £40M.
It's the same journo who reported the £25m fee who corrected himself later and said it's a £40m buyback clause.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
It's the same journo who reported the £25m fee who corrected himself later and said it's a £40m buyback clause.
We could really do with him being back next summer if im honest. But whats changed? he wanted to leave to play every week and we have Reece James so im not even sure he would return.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
We could really do with him being back next summer if im honest. But whats changed? he wanted to leave to play every week and we have Reece James so im not even sure he would return.
Why? I get it if you don't rate James or Azpi but he would honestly struggle to make the bench.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
i dont like CHO at RWB and Azpi is 32 and is better at RCB. Tuchel likes his wingbacks to go past people.
He turned 32 a couple of weeks ago and nowadays, especially for a pro like Azpi, 32 is nowhere near finished. Look at Silva who looks excellent at nearly 37.

We'd be mad to spend anything on a young full back just to be a backup.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Decent goal tonight in the conference league.

Classical Mechanic

Decent start for him. 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 apps. He's missed 3 big chances in the league already so could do better. Italian league is looking slightly more interesting this season with AC Milan, Napoli and Roma starting strongly. Roma are banging in the goals under Mourinho.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Just needs to keep playing.

If he misses some he misses some.

Didn’t used to think he was very good, hopefully he keeps going and proves me wrong.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
And mbappe too :lol: We rejected him as a kid right?
Mbappe we had on trial yes, thats where the picture of him with his Chelsea shirt and his Pass card come from, as well as Luke Shaw as a kid; and Christian Eriksen.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Oh look Reece James on the bench for Chelsea today :smirk:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The guy appears to be loving life in Rome. Love to see it.

432JuanMata

With Juve in a bad state and Jose always getting off to great starts at new jobs I wouldn’t be shocked if they won the league. Tammy is looking good and could become a KDB, Salah and Lukaku Chelsea mistake if he keeps this up

AgentSmith

Always refreshing to see an English player take the plunge in a foreign league and thrive. Kudos to Abraham, looks like he found the perfect environment.

I was definitely wrong about him and underrated his abilities as a striker. Only 23 as well.

432JuanMata

Always refreshing to see an English player take the plunge in a foreign league and thrive. Kudos to Abraham, looks like he found the perfect environment.

I was definitely wrong about him and underrated his abilities as a striker. Only 23 as well.
You might of underrated him but the caf certainly didn’t for the last 2 seasons with the cs Rashford thread. I always thought he looked good just with Chelsea spending millions trying to challenge City he needed to leave. It’s like Lukaku or Matic they will sell and if they develop elsewhere they will sign back.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
With Juve in a bad state and Jose always getting off to great starts at new jobs I wouldn’t be shocked if they won the league. Tammy is looking good and could become a KDB, Salah and Lukaku Chelsea mistake if he keeps this up
Hard to call it a mistake if Lukaku keeps scoring goals and we win major trophies with him. I said when we sold Tammy that this was the thing that suited all parties the best. He's clearly too good to sit on our bench but not quite good enough to be our starting striker. I wouldn't call that a mistake even if he develops into one of the world's best strikers.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Tammy is a born goalscorer and gets a lot of unfair criticism but I be amazed if he was another KDB, Salah or even a Lukaku.
Yeah I'd be surprised if he reached the heights of those players but I think he will score a lot of goals and probably end up with quite a few england caps because as you say he's a natural goalscorer and that combined with his size / ability to hold up play he will do well

I think he's a bit underrated to be honest considering he's averaged a goal every 127 mins on the pitch and he's only 23

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
We have a buy back clause for €80m. If he develops into a world class striker and we need him we'll get him back.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
In the words of a wise old scholar - another one.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Was genuinely shocked he didn’t get a England call up
Yeah same. He's had a better start to the season than both Watkins and Kane. I know Kane is Kane, but Abraham deserves the recognition.

432JuanMata

Yeah same. He's had a better start to the season than both Watkins and Kane. I know Kane is Kane, but Abraham deserves the recognition.
Watkins getting a call up over Bellingham, Greenwood and Tammy was a bit weird.