Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

Flexdegea

Zlatan did alright before the injury.

So a already world class striker at the time who maintained his performance.

He defo didn't improve anyone else from what their level was. Lukaku wasn't even at his best.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
25 goals and 5 assists in all comps. What a debut season in Italy.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah there is, but it doesn't kick in until 2023, so whoever wants him now could have a free run at him.
Weird decision by your part.
Anyway I think he'll stay there another year so if it really turned out ugly with lukaku over there you always have him to call back upon.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
It would be devastating to watch him play for you, but I know he'd jump at the chance to play for the club he grew up supporting.
Didn't he turn down Arsenal for Roma?? Was sure I saw that on multiple articles.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah there is, but it doesn't kick in until 2023, so whoever wants him now could have a free run at him.
I hope we don't buy him back for the sake of it like we did with you know who.

If the situation (ie our style of play at the time) makes it a good idea then sure but if we still have Tuchel they'll be absolutely no point.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

If the situation (ie our style of play at the time) makes it a good idea then sure but if we still have Tuchel they'll be absolutely no point.
Any updates on Tuchel's future? Is he staying? Do the fans want him to leave?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t know about “free run”… Roma would ask for about 100m for him at this point

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I wouldn't necessarily have him back either, particularly at the price it would take to bring him back, but I could see a scenario, if he was being linked with Arsenal or United in 2023, where Chelsea could make a move for him.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t know about “free run”… Roma would ask for about 100m for him at this point
I meant a free run without a buyback clause being active. The buyback clause is around £68m.

el3mel

He always had a good potential and needed some improvement and polishment and he's now playing under a manager who know how to improve his strikers. It was the right move for him and I think with 2 or 3 more years he'll be a top striker.

Classical Mechanic

He's done pretty much what you expect from him which is roughly a 1 in 2 record. His off the ball work has improved this season too. Hopefully he can make the decisive contribution in the final. He's come up with a good amount of goals against the best sides in the Serie A and got the decisive goal in the semi-final last night.

Remains to be seen if he can step up another level to be a 'top' striker He needs to impove his finishing as he's great at getting in goalscoring positions but still misses too many chances.

Ludens the Red

Pretty funny how they sold him for the fraction of the price they bought Lukaku for and he basically has all the endearing qualities Lukaku doesn’t have like working hard, bringing your team mates into play, running the channels, giving a shit, being a decent bloke, scoring goals, embracing the club and culture, not sulking etc etc.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty funny how they sold him for the fraction of the price they bought Lukaku for and he basically has all the endearing qualities Lukaku doesn’t have like working hard, bringing your team mates into play, running the channels, giving a shit, being a decent bloke, scoring goals, embracing the club and culture, not sulking etc etc.
He was hot and cold with us. When he was cold, it was ice cold. I am glad he is progressing, he genuinely seems like a nice guy.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Why do things have to be so binary? Lukaku being a flop doesn't change the fact it was the right decision (for all parties) to let Tammy move on.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Feels like "another overrated English player" in the PL that has shown they are capable in other leagues.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Why do things have to be so binary? Lukaku being a flop doesn't change the fact it was the right decision (for all parties) to let Tammy move on.
This has been a consistent theme throughout this season. Chelsea fans do the same. Every time Tammy does anything remotely decent, we have to listen to people editorialising at length about Marina, Lukaku, Tuchel and Tammy :lol:

Ludens the Red

He was hot and cold with us. When he was cold, it was ice cold. I am glad he is progressing, he genuinely seems like a nice guy.
I mean you were definitely within your rights to sell him but I don’t like Lukaku and so any opportunity to run him down I’ll take it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This has been a consistent theme throughout this season. Chelsea fans do the same. Every time Tammy does anything remotely decent, we have to listen to people editorialising at length about Marina, Lukaku, Tuchel and Tammy :lol:
The worst was 15/16 when Costa was on a rut and Lukaku hit a purple patch for Everton. It was unbearable.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Doesnt seem the smartest idea marking a 25 goal 6'4 striker with a short ass fullback from a corner does it?

I hate zonal.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I refuse to believe someone with the first name Tammy is good at football.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The worst was 15/16 when Costa was on a rut and Lukaku hit a purple patch for Everton. It was unbearable.
God, I remember that. Was that the same season he scored 2 goals against us to knock us out of the cup? That was annoying as feck.

Pintu

Lucky for you, Tammy's first name is actually Kevin :lol:
Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham (born 2 October 1997), known as Tammy Abraham, is an English professional footballer who plays as a striker for Serie A club Roma and the England national team.

Kevins can of course be good at football.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I mean you were definitely within your rights to sell him but I don’t like Lukaku and so any opportunity to run him down I’ll take it.
I was hopeful about Lukaku, I just hope he leaves in the summer. He is just not right for Tuchel's style of play. I think he feels he is pressing and making runs out there. Video don't lie, he is barely moving most of the time.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I was hopeful about Lukaku, I just hope he leaves in the summer. He is just not right for Tuchel's style of play. I think he feels he is pressing and making runs out there. Video don't lie, he is barely moving most of the time.
Reminds me of us with Ozil. Yeah, but the stats say he covers most distance. What it doesn't show is half of that is him running away from the ball when we didnt have possession. :D

Nick7

Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham

Tammy is a shortened version of one of his middle names. His brother Timmy's first name is Jason :D
I refuse to believe this. I'm sticking to my version where his first name is Tamuel. Much like Donny van de Beek's first name is Doniel.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
God, I remember that. Was that the same season he scored 2 goals against us to knock us out of the cup? That was annoying as feck.
It really is fitting that 2 of his 3 goals against us came in that season isn't it? :lol: