Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think Hudson Odoi has had a change of heart. He has a long history with England, 45 youth caps and an under 17 World Cup winner. He also has 3 senior caps. If he hadn't done his achillies then I'm sure he'd be cap tied to England by now but that set his England career back significantly. In the meantime I think he's decided that he really wants to play for Ghana.

I think all three are disappointing to lose for England. I wonder if Nketiah can kick on. His record at youth level was brilliant. He's England u21 all time top scorer too! He has looked a little off it at senior level but at the end of this season he's found some form. Lamptey has Trent, James, Walker and Trippier in front of him with Livramento competing with him too so he's miles off in all honesty.
Yeah, if you follow him on instagram, he jets back to Ghana every chance he gets. Seems like he's rediscovered his family's roots as he's become an adult and fallen in love with it, and fair play to him to be honest. It's really sad for us but it is what it is.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Joe Cole: yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah

Abraxas

Can't see us going for him this year, Roma would want a significant profit on their own outlay and we baulked at Nunez's price tag. So in no world does the story even make sense.

Should probably be on our shortlist if we're relegating a striker to next year (which I think could be a mistake)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not happening this summer, would love us to go for him next summer though. He's a very good striker

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Roma create chances for fun in general. Tammy actually wasn't very clinical this season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Good on him.
I wouldn’t call that fluent to be honest but yeah nice to see.

In before all the non- English speakers come in here to tell us only English speakers are impressed by this sort of thing :lol:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Good on him.
Well done to him. I can't help but like him, I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the radar of the English clubs that will be looking for a striker next summer. Perhaps Chelsea look at their buyback, Utd & maybe even Arsenal might look again.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He seems to be a good lad, I think Italian football suits him , could make a name for himself over there if he decides to stay long term.

Bobski

He is also a good gauge for the other strikers in the league. Abraham is a squad player at a top 6 level in England, good player, but that is about it. So when people talk about Osimehn for £100 mill or the next flavour of the month striker who pops up they need to be performing significantly better than Tammy.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He is also a good gauge for the other strikers in the league. Abraham is a squad player at a top 6 level in England, good player, but that is about it. So when people talk about Osimehn for £100 mill or the next flavour of the month striker who pops up they need to be performing significantly better than Tammy.
I say that'a bit harsh, he had 15 in 34 for Chelsea so he's probably much better than a squad player.

Bobski

I say that'a bit harsh, he had 15 in 34 for Chelsea so he's probably much better than a squad player.
Maybe, but I don't see him starting for City/Liverpool/Chelsea/Utd/Spurs or Arsenal unless they are in a down period. Maybe for a post Kane Spurs. A fit Calvert Lewin is probably a better player as well.

ti vu

Maybe, but I don't see him starting for City/Liverpool/Chelsea/Utd/Spurs or Arsenal unless they are in a down period. Maybe for a post Kane Spurs. A fit Calvert Lewin is probably a better player as well.
Us, Chelsea and Arsenal can use someone like Abraham as starter CF. Depends on how Nunez turns out for Liverpool, Tammy may be useful for them.

DCL is not tried at more pressure environment, where his team is expected to put to the sword. Abraham played his part with Chelsea and Roma and did well. When he was on loan to Aston Villa, he helped them promoted to PL and being their top scorer.

Abraham number last season could have been better if he was luckier. He got denied an incredible amount of potential goals by woodworks. He has improved from the last time he's seen in Chelsea shirt. IMO he's better than DCL fit or not.

Edit: Banter about it himself

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Similar record as last season. But don't worry he'll start stat padding at the end of the season vs piss poor teams

autte

Supports
Poggibonsi
Similar record as last season. But don't worry he'll start stat padding at the end of the season vs piss poor teams
Let's not do revisionism. He's playing bad right now, but he was one of our most decisive players last season. Scored the first goal/match winner in something like 15 games, including the 1-0 that sent us to the UECL final. Even when he wasn't scoring, he was doing a lot for the team. Hope he finds his form again, otherwise we're fecked.