Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Two more today. The first one was a sweet goal.

Up to 27 goals now. Would be great if he could get to 30.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Great season. He seems to love it there and they love him.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Will be surprised if he and Tomori arent among our targets the next couple of summers
With Tammy can see a similar situation to Lukaku where clubs just look at the top line and assume it will all fall into place.

Given our recent track record us two look the most likely to fall into that trap.

Tomori is a different matter, only reason I'm not totally ruing that is because we have Colwill coming through.

autte

Supports
Poggibonsi
He scored the opening goal 10 times, more than any other player in the league:

vs Udinese (W 1-0)
vs Torino (W 1-0)
vs Atalanta (W 4-1)
vs Juventus (L 4-3)
vs Empoli (W 4-2)
vs Sassuolo (D 2-2)
vs Spezia (W 1-0)
vs Atalanta (W 1-0)
vs Lazio (W 3-0)
vs Torino (W 3-0)

+ 3 in UEFA Conference League:
vs CSKA Sofia (group stage) (W 3-2)
vs Bodo/Glimt (quarter finals) (W 4-0)
vs Leicester (semifinals) (W 1-0)

He also scored the fasted goal (56 seconds) in the history of the Derby della Capitale.

arthurka

He looked a major talent when he played for Villa but was a bit lost at Chelsea. Glad to see him doing well, looks a really good guy also.

Pintu

Have they, or is it just way easier to score goals in Serie A?

That extra second forwards get in the box over there makes all the difference.
Read this.

Maybe.

Or Maybe not. Looking at Tammy Abraham stats:

He scored 1 goal every 182 minutes on average (3 penalties included). This has been the worst Tammy Abraham season in terms of goal per minute ratio..

Not even 15 non-penalty goals despite over 3000 minutes and 37 games played for Tammy Abraham.. Are Premier League players overrated?

Classical Mechanic

If you look at his npg-npgxG then his finishing has been the worst of his top flight career. Even worse than when he was slightly disappointing for Swansea in the PL. If his finishing was at his best level like it was at Chelsea a few years back it could’ve resulted in approx 5-6 extra open play goals. It suggests that he has scope for significant improvement on the goal scoring front next season.

https://fbref.com/en/players/f586779e/scout/3232/Tammy-Abraham-Scouting-Report

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Didn't John Charles score 28 goals in one season for juve?
Or are we making the distinction between being English or British?

gajender

Do Chelsea have a buyback clause? I hope they don’t - for Abraham’s sake.
It's irrelevant even if its there it only helps Chelsea in terms of transfer fee outlay but if Abraham doesn't want to go back to Chelsea he can simply refuse .

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Love how these “overrated & overpriced” English players are ripping it apart in other leagues.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
In a years time if he keeps improving? Who knows, never say never.
Apparently his goals per minute ratio is actually better at Chelsea than it was at Roma - so it’s not a sudden rise in performances either.

Chlelsea always have a nice history with traditional strikers, so yeah I guess it’s never say never.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
To be fair it's only Serie A, Lukaku was a scoring machine at Inter last season, now look at him. Abraham having one good season doesn't mean much.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He looked a major talent when he played for Villa but was a bit lost at Chelsea. Glad to see him doing well, looks a really good guy also.
I met him before, when he was on loan in Bristol aged 19 or so. He was a really nice and mature guy.

He did get in trouble with the police for driving without a license mind you. But other than that he seems to have a good head on his shoulders :lol:

Good on him for taking the plunge and doing so well in Italy.

arthurka

I met him before, when he was on loan in Bristol aged 19 or so. He was a really nice and mature guy.

He did get in trouble with the police for driving without a license mind you. But other than that he seems to have a good head on his shoulders :lol:

Good on him for taking the plunge and doing so well in Italy.
Absolutely agree, well young humans do stupid things. Footballers are no exceptions to that.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Come on now. Chelsea’s biggest problem this season has been a lack of goal threat up front. They let a prolific homegrown number 9 leave and replaced him with an extraordinarily expensive donkey. How on earth has that worked out well for you?
And this type of top line thinking is exactly what led to things like said extraordinary expensive donkey being seen as a world class striker in the first place and Eden Hazard being viewed as overrated.

Funnily enough despite our lack of out and out scorer we've actually outscored three of our title winning teams.

TheReligion

Abusive
And this type of top line thinking is exactly what led to things like said extraordinary expensive donkey being seen as a world class striker in the first place and Eden Hazard being viewed as overrated.

Funnily enough despite our lack of out and out scorer we've actually outscored three of our title winning teams.
I think @Pogue Mahone makes a fair point. Obviously hindsight is a great thing but think you’d be hard pushed to suggest it’s worked out well all things considered. The same looks likely for Tomori and Guehi with both Rudiger and Christensen going. Liveramento looks good too and you’ve obviously struggled at full back.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Come on now. Chelsea’s biggest problem this season has been a lack of goal threat up front. They let a prolific homegrown number 9 leave and replaced him with an extraordinarily expensive donkey. How on earth has that worked out well for you?
I view the two as separate things. Lukaku was a terrible mistake that will take a lot of work undo, if it's even possible. It was still the right decision to sell Abraham. We just shouldn't have signed Lukaku.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think @Pogue Mahone makes a fair point. Obviously hindsight is a great thing but think you’d be hard pushed to suggest it’s worked out well all things considered. The same looks likely for Tomori and Guehi with both Rudiger and Christensen going. Liveramento looks good too and you’ve obviously struggled at full back.
You're right we should have made a bigger effort to keep Livramento given James' injury issues and need to play RCB at times. Tomori/Guehi is luckily mitigated by the fact we have Colwill (higher ceiling than both) coming through.

Tammy was a fish out of water in TTs system, just because we've somehow managed to replace him with someone with the exact same issues shouldn't distract from that. Had we kept Tammy when we could have signed of Lukaku he would have struggled and the narrative would be how stupid we were gambling on him when we could have signed a proven scorer.

My preference was and still is to go in on Kai as false 9 and have a Broja (or failing that have kept Giroud) as an option to mix things up when needed and source a wide forward. I don't know if we'd have been able to get either but Luis Diaz or Adeyemi would have been perfect for said role.

Rockets Redglare

I didn’t watch the game but was there a reason why he didn’t take the penalty when he was on a hat trick? His second goal was a pen as well so it’s not like he’d missed one.