Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
France Football are saying we're are the club trying hardest to sign him. I sincerely hope this is true, would be a huge upgrade in midfield.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
France Football are saying we're are the club trying hardest to sign him. I sincerely hope this is true, would be a huge upgrade in midfield.
How good is this kid?

Is he a 6 or a 8?

rotherham_red

How is he positionally? I've heard good things about his midfield partner Aouar too (20 years old) but he's a bit of a midget.
By most accounts Aouar is meant to be the bigger talent, but not necessarily the most eye-catching in terms of his style of play.

Sterling Archer

Was he part of the team that played well against City?

That's the new measure for transfers, no? How do they play against City or is City after them

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
By most accounts Aouar is meant to be the bigger talent, but not necessarily the most eye-catching in terms of his style of play.
That's not exactly true, Aouar was under the spotlight sooner because he was playing for a much bigger team but Ndombélé is currently seen as the bees knees.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pogba, Fred and Ndombele looks like overkill to me.

Zlatattack

I'd love this to be true. Pogba needs real competition for his place, otherwise he will be lazy.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Got the feeling this Aouar is a better talent and we are just going for this kid cuz he is tall and physically strong.

Rather keep McTom.

Affirmation

He is a special player, I think he will be one of if not the best in the world when he makes the next step up. We must sign him for sure :drool:

IrishMcD

I would imagine he is going to replace Pogba, with Pogba being used in part exchange for this Neymar bid some clickbait artice mentioned yesterday. Then De Ligt and De Jong will decide that Barcelona is not for them and come to Old Trafford instead. Then we can offer Dortmund Darmian, Rojo and Fellaini in exchange for Sancho. We can add the promise of a preseason friendly to sweeten the deal. The rest of our transfer kitty can go on some wingbacks and a number 9!! If football manager has taught me anything, its that this is all so easy to achieve.
Hook baited, will any fish actually bite?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Got the feeling this Aouar is a better talent and we are just going for this kid cuz he is tall and physically strong.

Rather keep McTom.
You probably need to watch him because it's actually his technique and ability to move with the ball that makes him standout.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It'd be a waste of resources going for him unless we sell one of Pogba or Fred. He's not a defensive player, he's very similar to Pogba just without the goals. He's a class player though.

SteveW

Watched a few videos. Don't see anything impressive. No real vision or passing range, slow decision making so constantly getting into physical battles to keep the ball. He has nice feet but he plays with his head down. Basically all the worst parts of Pogba without the good parts.

Somebody tell me why we should be interested in this player.

IrishMcD

Rather keep McTom.
If you would rather keep McTom than have Ndombele, I suggest you watch Ndombele play. He isnt just a tall and physically strong player, he is absolte class and a million miles better than McTom.

bucky

Rather keep McTom.
Aouar is playing/has played the same positions as Pogba, while NDombele plays on the right, which would suit us perfectly.

All are pretty creative. No tempo player, someone dictating the play.

Pretty confident we won't sell Pogba.
NDombele can somewhat do that and he is young enough to develop that skill more.

It'd be a waste of resources going for him unless we sell one of Pogba or Fred. He's not a defensive player, he's very similar to Pogba just without the goals. He's a class player though.
He's closer to Mousa Dembele. Also, recently Genesio has played Aouar and NDombele without Tousart and it worked out fine mostly.

Watched a few videos. Don't see anything impressive. No real vision or passing range, slow decision making so constantly getting into physical battles to keep the ball. He has nice feet but he plays with his head down. Basically all the worst parts of Pogba without the good parts.

Somebody tell me why we should be interested in this player.
You should watch him then. His passing is what stood out the most to me.

Ekeke

Rather keep McTom.
He's not that tall - 5'9. He's more physical and a more powerful runner with the ball than Aouar, but Aouar can play well all across midfield and the wings and is a more technical player as well as being the one who works hard to close down and try and make tackles. N'Dombele is more the one positioning himself deeper to try and pick up the stray passes that the pressure in front of him is forcing.

So a bit like a dribbling version of Carrick, not sure how well he'd do without someone pressing well in front of him. But we have Ander and Fred who could do that so might be fine

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
He's not that tall - 5'9. He's more physical and a more powerful runner with the ball than Aouar, but Aouar can play well all across midfield and the wings and is a more technical player as well as being the one who works hard to close down and try and make tackles. N'Dombele is more the one positioning himself deeper to try and pick up the stray passes that the pressure in front of him is forcing.

So a bit like a dribbling version of Carrick, not sure how well he'd do without someone pressing well in front of him. But we have Ander and Fred who could do that so might be fine
Thanks but Aouar seems the type we need....it is time we move towards recruiting technical players.

SteveW

You should watch him then. His passing is what stood out the most to me.
Really? That's mad. I specifically looked out for his passing. I've watched his highlights from several games now. He played a couple of very nice through balls to forwards, however he rarely stretched or opened up the game with a pass. Generally his passes were short and simple, albeit executed well. I saw no signs of any real vision in his passing. He seems to only see what's going on close to him.

He plays with his head down. Seems to constantly have to dribble out of trouble. When did you ever see Scholes having to physically battle or dribble past 2-3 players just to keep the ball. He'd just sort it out with one feint or pass. Top midfielders always seem to have time. This guy seems to need about 3 drag backs every time he gets it just to avoid losing it.

Admittedly I'm just going on a few youtube videos.

El Jefe

Been a fan of him since the beginning of last season. I think he's an incredible talent.

We are probably looking at who we can bring in should Pogba leave. Ndombele and Neves would add the best part of Pogba's attributes without the flaws.

bucky

NDombele has completed more tackles this season than Aouar (NDombele is also more efficient so far this season and last season), while Aouar has made more interceptions.

Really? That's mad. I specifically looked out for his passing. I've watched his highlights from several games now. He played a couple of very nice through balls to forwards, however he rarely stretched or opened up the game with a pass. Generally his passes were short and simple, albeit executed well. I saw no signs of any real vision in his passing. He seems to only see what's going on close to him.

He plays with his head down. Seems to constantly have to dribble out of trouble. When did you ever see Scholes having to physically battle or dribble past 2-3 players just to keep the ball. He'd just sort it out with one feint or pass. Top midfielders always seem to have time. This guy seems to need about 3 drag backs every time he gets it just to avoid losing it.

Admittedly I'm just going on a few youtube videos.
Maybe you shouldn't and actually take the time to watch him properly. It's also hardly fair to compare him to Scholes at 21 years of age. If you can, try to find the City match and watch both Aouar and NDombele in that one. They both looked very comfortable against a tough opponent.

Canagel

Thanks but Aouar seems the type we need....it is time we move towards recruiting technical players.
Ndombele is just as good technically if not better. He's press resistance is incredible . I'd take both of them and ship out fellaini and matic . They dominated Citys midfield

davidmichael

N’Dombele on the right with Pogba on the left works for me but only if Matic (seeing as he seems to always start no matter what) is simply used as a shield for the back four and nothing else.

I see N’Dombele is definitely the type of signing we should always be looking to make and would certainly be an upgrade on what we have, I’d be ecstatic if it meant we finally got rid of Fellaini and loaned out McTominay.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Ndombele is just as good technically if not better. He's press resistance is incredible . I'd take both of them and ship out fellaini and matic . They dominated Citys midfield
We need to scout City scouts....whoever they are scouting we should make an immediate bid for the player :D

SteveW

NDombele has completed more tackles this season than Aouar (NDombele is also more efficient so far this season and last season), while Aouar has made more interceptions.

Maybe you shouldn't and actually take the time to watch him properly. It's also hardly fair to compare him to Scholes at 21 years of age. If you can, try to find the City match and watch both Aouar and NDombele in that one. They both looked very comfortable against a tough opponent.
I've watched some of both now. Even from just from watching 20 mins of highlights I have to say that to me NDombele looks like a bad player. Any midfielder that plays with his head down and tries to rely on strength and dribbling all the time is in for trouble. I hope we steer well clear.

Aouar actually looks fairly tidy albeit currently a bit lightweight. He plays with his head up and gets a good picture of the game. He's got nice balance. Once he gets a bit stronger he could be a very good player. I'll keep an eye out for him.

All of this is personal preference of course. Time will tell if I'm right or very wrong.

NYAS

I see the usual revisionism is going on here regarding his style of play just so we can find an excuse to say we need him.

NDombele is not a Kroos/Xavi and will never be that type of player so no, I wouldn’t play him with Pogba. His dribbling is better than his passing so why would you want him to stay back and ‘dictate play’ and render his biggest strength useless? He’s very similar to Pogba regardless of what side of midfield he plays on (left or right is not really relevant).

Terrific talent and wouldn’t complain if we got him, but I’d say we need a Neves more.

Ekeke

I agree. I see Aouar as the type of midfielder who could end up bossing Barcelona or Real Madrid's midfield as their best CM or as a left sided player a bit like Iniesta played it for a number of years. As such I feel like he's probably priceless to Lyon for the foreseeable future and only one of the highest transfer fees in football takes him away.

N'Dombele on the other hand I can see Lyon being keen to cash in on him because they got him pretty cheap and would probably be fine without him. I can't see him being that same CM at Barcelona or Madrid for example because he's a different type of player and I'm not convinced he's as technically sound as they'd demand in that short passing and technical style. He's still a very good young CM though he's just probably not quite on the level where every top team would make space for him like Aouar might potentially be.

I'm not sure we're at a level where we can get even close to players like that right now. I think N'Dombele is more in our range

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I agree. I see Aouar as the type of midfielder who could end up bossing Barcelona or Real Madrid's midfield as their best CM or as a left sided player a bit like Iniesta played it for a number of years. As such I feel like he's probably priceless to Lyon for the foreseeable future and only one of the highest transfer fees in football takes him away.

N'Dombele on the other hand I can see Lyon being keen to cash in on him because they got him pretty cheap and would probably be fine without him. I can't see him being that same CM at Barcelona or Madrid for example because he's a different type of player and I'm not convinced he's as technically sound as they'd demand in that short passing and technical style. He's still a very good young CM though he's just probably not quite on the level where every top team would make space for him like Aouar might potentially be.

I'm not sure we're at a level where we can get even close to players like that right now. I think N'Dombele is more in our range
Agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.