Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Ndombélé could be a DM in theory but he is inconsistent in terms of his aggression and will to defend.
This. It’s the one thing that bugs me about him. Too often there seems to be a lack of intensity or desire to get the ball back. I mean I have seen him go after people and retrieve possession and he’s good at it but there doesn’t seem to be the willingness to do it throughout a whole game. At times to me he can seem somewhat uninterested.

Jib

He did it 4 times in their biggest matches in the champions league in a row?
I wouldn't be surprised to see that Ramos played more game in the DM position than Ndombele.

Ekeke

This. It’s the one thing that bugs me about him. Too often there seems to be a lack of intensity or desire to get the ball back. I mean I have seen him go after people and retrieve possession and he’s good at it but there doesn’t seem to be the willingness to do it throughout a whole game. At times to me he can seem somewhat uninterested.
I've seen it too. Which is why I think he needs an Ander or someone also in midfield to help him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And miss the biggest games of his season? Weird
Is it? Lyon played City at the same time ManUtd played Young boys and they played Barca at the same time there was Liverpool vs Bayern game. It was easy decision which games to watch.

Ekeke

Is it? Lyon played City at the same time ManUtd played Young boys and they played Barca at the same time there was Liverpool vs Bayern game. It was easy decision which games to watch.
I watched the Lyon matches after because I was interested. No reason you cant do the same

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I watched the Lyon matches after because I was interested. No reason you cant do the same
There are many reasons, one of them being replay matches are never the same as live games.

Anyways fair enough if you watched it. I won't watch replay of ManUtd games, won't even think of other games when you already know the score.

Ekeke

Maybe one of the reason that pushed Aulas to fire Genesio :lol::lol:
Yes I'm sure he saw a 2-1 victory away against City, a 2-2 at City, a 0-0 draw with Barcelona and a 5-1 defeat to Barcelona as a terrible list of results

Ekeke

There are many reasons, one of them being replay matches are never the same as live games.

Anyways fair enough if you watched it. I won't watch replay of ManUtd games, won't even think of other games when you already know the score.
I watch games after the fact to know whats going on, what happened, to see how players are doing etc. It doesnt matter to me that it isnt live, its still the most recent performance of those players so its important to be up to date.

Now obviously I only have time to do it with certain clubs and players over the course of a season. I happened to watch some Lyon champions league games and from those big games NDombele passing from deep was one of the things to take note of.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes I'm sure he saw a 2-1 victory away against City, a 2-2 at City, a 0-0 draw with Barcelona and a 5-1 defeat to Barcelona as a terrible list of results
Funnily enough he has a point. Génésio lost his job because of the team's inconsistency with him as manager, they were able to trouble the best teams as much as they were able to be ridiculously nonchalant against smaller teams. The difference between big and small games and the attitude of the team in general saw him lose his job.

Ekeke

Funnily enough he has a point. Génésio lost his job because of the team's inconsistency with him as manager, they were able to trouble the best teams as much as they were able to be ridiculously nonchalant against smaller teams. The difference between big and small games and the attitude of the team in general saw him lose his job.
His point was that these big matches where NDombele was deepest, helped him lose his job.

But from what you just said the big matches were the good part and the small matches were where he was inconsistent and not good enough

Andersons Dietician

Yeah I dont think I watched them play in Ligue 1 at all, but caught quite a lot of them in the champions league.

I agree he's not a traditional DM but he was most of the time an effective weapon playing his passes from deep. That was the main thing I came away from those matches thinking about him, he was picking the ball up deep and finding Lyon players in good positions even against top teams like City and Barcelona. The defending left a lot to desire, but on the ball it worked for Lyon.

So to me the idea is to have NDombele passing from deep and have someone who does a lot of good, active defensive work to the side of him to cover and help him. So pretty much what you'd usually have with a deep lying playmaker. Like Gattuso to the right of Pirlo
He’s not for me got that passing range to be a deep lying playmaker type. I’d prefer him running with the ball moving forward and using his ability’s further up the pitch as that is what he is best at.
I've seen it too. Which is why I think he needs an Ander or someone also in midfield to help him.
To me if we bought him and we played a 3, he’d be the one I position in Anders position with a DM behind him. I did consider what it would be like if he played similar to how he does at Lyon with a Neves or Saul or something like that as both of them are easily more disciplined than Aouar is and well Neves has surprisingly very good DM stats if I recall with the added benefit of being a brilliant passer of the ball.

The wild card is Pogba because as brilliant as he can be, he does seem to limit the amount of things we can do in midfield with certain combinations. And we have strong links to Rabiot currently and say we went with a 3 of Rabiot,Ndombele and Pogba. All of those guys can defend, but it’s when they want to and not always when the team needs it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His point was that these big matches where NDombele was deepest, helped him lose his job.

But from what you just said the big matches were the good part and the small matches were where he was inconsistent and not good enough
They did help him lose his job but not because Ndombélé was bad but because he was mainly good and interested. That's the issue with Ndombélé and Génésio, the former is inconsistent in that role and needs an outside motivation why Génésio failed to develop that motivation and consistency into his players, the same is true for Bertrand Traoré and even Depay.

Ekeke

Shows some of his passing from deepest in midfield as well as other clips where he can get forward and support the attack

Edit - Since we talk about Aouer a lot in this thread as he's the other young midfield talent for Lyon, here's his video by the same guy

More of a silky technical player and less physical properties than NDombele, but willing to press and fight for the ball the same way

Last edited:

Bestietom

I think NDombele and Partey could compliment each other in a 4-2-3-1 as both can cover the area in front of the back 4 as well as push forward. I would love to see both here and Fernandes in the 3....

BalanceUnAutreJoint

@Ekeke Aouar isn't for sale. Only Ndombele is on the market for around 80M but knowing Aulas he can be cheaper even than that (Mendy was 55M and he is going for 40M, Lacazette was supposed to be 70 and he went for 55)

Ekeke

@Ekeke Aouar isn't for sale. Only Ndombele is on the market for around 80M but knowing Aulas he can be cheaper even than that (Mendy was 55M and he is going for 40M, Lacazette was supposed to be 70 and he went for 55)
Thats what I thought too. I dont see why he would be for sale, unless Barcelona or Madrid came in and he told the club he wants to leave. He's the one I can see there

Fer

How did he play in a midfield of 2 with Pogba vs Bolivia?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We should be in for him. Prefer him to Rabiot.

Unless he prefers a CL club.

Suvvernmanc

N'Dombele is my dream midfielder signing this summer. Strong, fast and a great passer. My family are all spurs fans so dont want them to get him.

Hes the best Herrera replacement we could hope for.

wolvored

We should at least try for him. CL football is a massive pull, but if we can offer a bit more than the rest, it might just work.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Can you guarantee Spurs will have Champions League football for every one of the four years after next season?

It’s guaranteed the top 3 for the next 3 or 4 seasons writes itself - city, Liverpool and spurs.

United, arsenal and Chelsea will be playing for 4th-6th place for awhile now.

Cliche Guevara

No chance. Nobody knows where Spurs will be in two years. Could just as easily be back in eighth like they usually were.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I'd say they are more likely to than we are.

Top four finishes in the last four years:

United - 1
Spurs - 4
We had 2 CL years though. It's all about how you sell the product . As the main man to replace Pogba and start of major rebuild, it could be tempting.

Not to mention the wages and we will blow them out.

Get young talent

Please get him at all cost.

He is the best deep central midfielder of his generation.

Don't miss this chance

He play well in a double pivot with a 10 in front for Lyon or the french nt.

He got everything in his looker (acceleration, strenght, agility, skill, long pass, short pass, aggresivness, throught ball, press resistant, position awarness).

He proved himself against PSG, City and Barça.

Just watch the video, i mean this is not a 3 or 10 minutes, it's 20 minutes of excellent play from deep midfield.

He has the rare ability to completly break the press of the opposition and find a good pass consistently.

Real and Spurs are after him, so we need to be quick.

Don't negociate the fee, give Lyon the money they want and make a contract offer he can't refuse.

Too me, he is just as important if not more, than De Ligt.

Please make it happen now, instead of waiting for Pogba to leave.

Get him now and make him play with Pogba.

If the later leave atleast we got one great player already in.

If we wait, we will miss out like VVD and cry a river when he run ring all over your midfield with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.