Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think you need to.

Still im awaiting those last 5mins of deadline day when all your main targets have gone to clubs actually willing to pay the demanded fees. For Levy to throw out a low ball offer for Maddison that is summarily rejected out of hand by Leicester so you end up promoting an academy player as Eriksens replacement.
:lol: I'm only laughing because if I didn't I would cry.

Get young talent

I was under the impression the Eriksen money was what you would be purchasing Lo Celso with. N'Dombele being the main target and using up your xfer budget?

I agree we should at least be watching developments, but a lot depends on Pogba for us. And no CL might be a deal breaker. At that point it doesnt matter how much we can pay Lyon if the player just isnt interested. And tbh I want players hungry to be here. Not just players turning up and collecting a pay packet ala Sanchez.
We can't and should not wait for Pogba.

We lost Herera
Mata and Matic are old and have lost there legs
Pereira was not good as a 8 or as a 6, maybe we should try him as a 10
Fred can only run and pass wide
Mc Tom look like a decent destroyer but nothing else

So we already need atleast 2 midfielders to combine with Pogba if he stay and 3 if he leave.

To do that, i suggest that we should be after the best young midfielders of the world first, than lower your expectation if we are rejected by them.

That mean make the deal for Ndombele, Lo Celso, Maddison, Neves, Rodri, Partey, Rice, Tielemans, Rabiot and let the player tell us if he want to come or not.

If we are rejected, go for lesser talent, and repeat, but don't assume we can't get them because of no CL, show me the proof, and don't forget that pushing for these player will force your rivals to pay more, to get them.

I also want player that will play for the shirt but before that i want the player to be good enough and i see no wrong trying for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: golden_blunder

Josep Dowling

Should be one of our targets this season. The sort of level we should be getting to improve.

Andersons Dietician

So 80 mil sterling. Would have thought about 60-70 (or hoped) doesn’t really seem to have been that many stories linking us. Just little bits here and there more like a footnote.

Would be very interesting if Spurs did manage to buy a player like Ndombele and Lo Celso in this modern market and say United bought lesser knowns like Longstaff and Maddison.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

Juventus? So they will sign Rabiot, Ramsey and Ndombele while they already have a few in that position from before?

jackal&hyde

Would love to see him at the club. What i don't understand though is why are we not linked to Neves. If we want a good passer DM that is also a goal threat then surely the PL proven one would be a priority.

Would take ether of them gladly just so i don't see United playing with the classic destroyer type in DM.

beingshe7don

Couldn't United just offer Fred to Lyon in the deal for Ndombele and bring down the cost of the transfer fee? Fred could do much better in a league that's not so physical.

Fred + money for Ndombele
Lukaku + Darmian for Skriniar

For a supposedly great businessman, Ed not so smart to consider so many alternatives.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Couldn't United just offer Fred to Lyon in the deal for Ndombele and bring down the cost of the transfer fee? Fred could do much better in a league that's not so physical.

For a supposedly great businessman, Ed not so smart to consider so many alternatives.
Then Ligue 1 isn't for him.

ArjenIsM3

Seriously, can people stop with the footy manager attitude? Skriniar doesn't want to leave Inter, he made that very clear in interviews before he renewed his contract a month ago. It's ridiculous.

Walters_19_MuFc

With Herrera leaving and Matic possibly being phased out next season, I think we'll need a starter (Ndombele) and a back up (Longstaff).

Ndombele
Fred
McTominay
Longstaff
Matic

flappyjay

Midfield is short in numbers as it is. Pogba, Scott, Fred, Matic, Pereira. Ideally you should have six and I think we might get only 1 cm this year. Which is a joke in itself

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would be brilliant if we could replace Pogba with both Tielemans and Ndombele. Can't see us signing him though.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ndombele would be great for us. He and/or Partey are players I would love to see here.
Partey would be so easy to sign, his agent has made it known publicly,t he wants a move and that he has a release clause of £43m...very easy deal to do.

Mainoldo

Not a few.

Khedira, Pjanic, Ramsey, Matuidi, Bentancur, Can. They want Pogba too by the looks of it.
Looks packed but if we think about it numbers wise....

Pogba, McTomminay, Fred, Matic, Periera.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Then Ligue 1 isn't for him.
Yeah some here think only English leagues are physical. Ligue 1 is pretty physical, Bundesliga is and from what I have seen most South American leagues are pretty physical.

Seriously, can people stop with the footy manager attitude? Skriniar doesn't want to leave Inter, he made that very clear in interviews before he renewed his contract a month ago. It's ridiculous.
And people keep bringing up player swaps like it is the NBA or something. There is a reason why players swaps do not happen that often.

bucky

Would be brilliant if we could replace Pogba with both Tielemans and Ndombele. Can't see us signing him though.
They play the same position, it's one of the two, if at all. Wouldn't make sense to sign both.

Get young talent

Ndombele would be great for us. He and/or Partey are players I would love to see here.
Yes, that is one of my double swap that i like the most.
We need to get both behind Pogba and if the latter go, behind Maddison.

I really believe that Lyon wanting 90 M €, mean that they will accept 80 M €.

Yeah some here think only English leagues are physical. Ligue 1 is pretty physical, Bundesliga is and from what I have seen most South American leagues are pretty physical.
I agree that ligue 1 is pretty physcal and a lot of there players adapt well in the PL, thanks to that.

Regarding Fred, we can't include him in the Ndombele deal, because with him and Mc Tom are supposed to be your only backup.

NB : I don't want to see Mata and Matic anywhere near the starting 11 or the bench.
There legs are gone, they are useless.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They play the same position, it's one of the two, if at all. Wouldn't make sense to sign both.
One is a box to box midfielder, one is an all round central midfielder who is more of a playmaker. Would make perfect sense to sign both especially as both are probably more attack minded, but itd be really well balanced with a holding midfielder who can pass it around behind them. We need a midfield 3 and if Pogba goes, we have nobody who is good enough to start in midfield, so a whole new midfield is definitely needed IMO. No reason that a midfield like this wouldnt work:

Tielemans - Ndombele
Rabiot​
Saying that, I can only see us signing Tielemans out of them (but even there he'll probably go to Leicester).

Walters_19_MuFc

I found that Tielemans was a lot better when playing the most advanced midfielder in a three at Leicester. Nearing the end of the season, Rodgers played a three of Choudhury and Ndidi, which gave Tielemans the license to get forward and in behind Vardy.

Doubt we'll get both, if any, but they could play together.

JPRouve

Scout
I found that Tielemans was a lot better when playing the most advanced midfielder in a three at Leicester. Nearing the end of the season, Rodgers went played a three of Choudhury and Ndidi, which gave Tielemans the license to get forward and in behind Vardy.

The same happened with Monaco but it didn't last.

JPRouve

Scout
Any reasons why?
Because he is inconsistent, it's a little bit like Depay, they will show promises in different roles but don't really sustain it. Tielemans is young though, so it's understandable but I wouldn't make any sort of long term tactical plans around him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Because he is inconsistent, it's a little bit like Depay, they will show promises in different roles but don't really sustain it. Tielemans is young though, so it's understandable but I wouldn't make any sort of long term tactical plans around him.
Ahh, ok.

Lee565

If tottenham are genuinely after him then hijack it, they seem to be pretty bang on with their player recruitment.

bucky

One is a box to box midfielder, one is an all round central midfielder who is more of a playmaker. Would make perfect sense to sign both especially as both are probably more attack minded, but itd be really well balanced with a holding midfielder who can pass it around behind them. We need a midfield 3 and if Pogba goes, we have nobody who is good enough to start in midfield, so a whole new midfield is definitely needed IMO. No reason that a midfield like this wouldnt work:

Tielemans - Ndombele
Rabiot​
Saying that, I can only see us signing Tielemans out of them (but even there he'll probably go to Leicester).
I am fully aware of what they are. Both play on the right-hand side of central midfield. Rabiot's best position is as a #8, albeit it seems he's the only one of the three, who has no problem playing on either side of central midfied. He doesn't want to play as the holding midfielder though, even if he's still better than most there. Pogba and Aouar play almost exclusively on the left-hand side of midfield. Several high profile managers care about whether a centre-back needs to played on the left or right-hand side of the central defence. It makes a difference to their performances. Tielemans has played almost every game on the right-hand side, wether he has lined up for Monaco, Belgium or Leicester, the same as NDombele. This wouldn't make sense. It would be the same stuff we did before, when we had Rooney and signed Kagawa, Mata, di Maria and Mkhitaryan. Their best position was very similar to that of Rooney and we've had a problem on the right wing ever since that stupid strategy.

I've got no problem with the players, in fact both Rabiot and NDombele would be excellent and they would work together IMO. But Tielemans and NDombele wouldn't work, or rather there is no indication that either is as comfortable on the left-hand side to accommodate the other staying in their favoured position.

I found that Tielemans was a lot better when playing the most advanced midfielder in a three at Leicester. Nearing the end of the season, Rodgers played a three of Choudhury and Ndidi, which gave Tielemans the license to get forward and in behind Vardy.

Yes, that's his best position, but how would that work with NDombele given what I've written above? NDombele likes to get forward himself, if he was Tousart behind him or Aouar dropping deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.