Tanguy Ndombele | Spurs player

TsuWave

Made this thread to discuss his 2019/20 performances.

highlight video against Bayern:

Last edited:

UpWithRivers

Damn if only we got him. Looks like exactly what we need. Pogba-Ndombe-Mctominay would actually be a good midfield. But I didn't see the game and they were hammered so maybe he wasn't that good

Kostur

海尔的老板
Imagine* having a compilation of your good plays only and it's still massively underwhelming.

*Imagine or just watch our players' compilations.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Imagine* having a compilation of your good plays only and it's still massively underwhelming.

*Imagine or just watch our players' compilations.
You realize it's a (one) game summary. As far as those go it's actually pretty impressive, especially for a game against top opposition they (eventually) lost heavily.

Kostur

海尔的老板
You realize it's a (one) game summary. As far as those go it's actually pretty impressive, especially for a game against top opposition they (eventually) lost heavily.
Game summary would've included all of his plays, here you get only the positive ones.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Game summary would've included all of his plays, here you get only the positive ones.
Yes, it's a highlight summary and he had at least a fair amount of genuinely good plays for a 60 minute game.

Classical Mechanic

He was at fault on the first goal and badly at fault on the second when he tried to dribble out of his own box with the ball for some insane reason. Played a couple of nice passes early on but apart from that he was pretty bad I thought.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
What's the point of this thread?
Im assuming to talk about Ndombele as a lot of United fans were interested in getting him. People like to see how players get on, potential flops, potential superstars etc etc.

He has been good so far from what i've seen of Spurs, a few goals and an assist under his belt from midfield. Still feel it will take a year before we see the best of Ndombele.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Mate. They lost by 5 goals so he can't of been that great.
He was great in the first half (laid two chances on a plate for Son, ran with the ball really well, won it back a couple of times) and overall was our best player on the night ... but yeah, we lost 7-2 so that doesn't mean much.

Talent is clearly there but he's shite defensively so we should stop expecting him to do stuff in that area, was crap for 2 Bayern goals. Clearly has bags of ability going forward so needs a more stable midfielder behind him.

What he also needs is a lot of fitness work, because he's puffed out a lot by the 60-70th minute. Dunno if that was a thing for Lyon as well or if it's having joined a Poch side.

TsuWave

What's the point of this thread?
to discuss the player and assess his performances like many other oppo player threads in this forum. I just posted a highlight video of his most recent performance that is all, did not think it would be an enigma or anything.

I searched to see if there's a thread discussing his 2019/20 performances but the only thing I found were two threads back when he was still in France and they were both about transfer speculation. apologies if one already exists and I missed it.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Brilliant player. Pochettino has an eye for talent. I hope if Pochettino comes here he could bring N’Dombele and Kane to United. I know that is more fictional than reality, but one can always hope.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Brilliant player. Pochettino has an eye for talent. I hope of Pochettino comes here he could bring N’Dombele and Jane to United. I know that is more fictional than reality, but one can always hope.
:lol:

Also I'm not sure you can predict Poch with identifying someone who was widely considered one of the best young centre mids around.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Brilliant player. Pochettino has an eye for talent. I hope if Pochettino comes here he could bring N’Dombele and Kane to United. I know that is more fictional than reality, but one can always hope.
Imagine how mental Levy would have to be to let Pochettino leave and then take N'Dombele and Kane with him.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
:lol:

Also I'm not sure you can predict Poch with identifying someone who was widely considered one of the best young centre mids around.
I agree he was considered that, but if he was that good, no doubt other big clubs would be after him. N’Dombele also said a reason he joined spurs was because of Pochettino so perhaps no other club had a chance to land him.

Imagine how mental Levy would have to be to let Pochettino leave and then take N'Dombele and Kane with him.
I agree :lol:. However, I have seen many instances that players follows managers. At United, Fellaini with Moyes, Matic with Mourinho, and Schweinstiger with Van Gaal. I have no doubt that Pochettino can bring a player from Spurs to United but I honestly don’t know who. I rather it be one or two or all three(:lol:) of Kane, N’Dombele or Son.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Pochettino couldn't bring a single one of our best players over. As if Levy would even entertain the idea of selling someone on a long contract to a top 4 rival who has our ex-manager in charge.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Imagine starting a thread about a player who plays for a different club based on one performance where he and his team got spanked 7-2.

TheReligion

Abusive
Pochettino couldn't bring a single one of our best players over. As if Levy would even entertain the idea of selling someone on a long contract to a top 4 rival who has our ex-manager in charge.
Levy can't even agree to sell players who have contracts expiring let alone brand new ones!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Levy can't even agree to sell players who have contracts expiring let alone brand new ones!

Exactly! :lol:.

You're here for life now Ndombele. Settle down, get to know the local area, get used to never winning anything ever.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Mate I wouldn't worry, most of the shite that comes out of your mouth is fiction.

Bwuk

He doesn't look fit enough to play 90 mins, always seems knackered. I don't think he's all that - not sure he's worth the hype.

What happened to Lo Ceslo the other CM Spurs bought?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He doesn't look fit enough to play 90 mins, always seems knackered. I don't think he's all that - not sure he's worth the hype.

What happened to Lo Ceslo the other CM Spurs bought?
Id agree he needs to work on his fitness, GLC pulled a groin on international duty :mad:.

Irrational.

So apparently he didn't want to play for Spurs today as he didn't feel in the right condition to play. A few more of these incidents and Jose will hang him out to dry. Would be an awesome signing for us. :devil:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Player potentially shows a poor attitude at his current club.

United fans: sign him up!

Castia

So apparently he didn't want to play for Spurs today as he didn't feel in the right condition to play. A few more of these incidents and Jose will hang him out to dry. Would be an awesome signing for us. :devil:
Exactly what we need.....a sulking player who’s looking like a flop at Spurs.

BlahRules

Exactly what we need.....a sulking player who’s looking like a flop at Spurs.
Forgetting our little Fred - who was not getting run of games to prove himself.

He will come good, be it this season or the next.

Based Adnan

Wheres this talk of poor attitude come from?
He told Jose he didn't want to play as he didn't feel 100% and felt there was potential for an injury to reoccur. Hardly a poor attitude though I think Mourinho will see it as such.

Castia

Been in this country a few months, and people writing him off.
Typical new generation fans. !
Well take the flop part out, he might come good. Still not the type of signing you want if op is correct in saying he refused to play.