Tanguy Ndombele | Spurs player

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ah right, yeah fair enough. Out of curiousity, are there any current players in the french league you feel would be a big hit in Premier League? I'm curious to see how Saliba will be at Arsenal.
Outside of PSG players? None, there are talents but they are too young and need a lot more experience. There is currently a problem with players leaving way too soon which means that the only interesting players are teenagers like Cherki, Camavinga, Kouassi, Caqueret or Ait-Nouri.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pepe isn't doing so well too. Seems like you should be wary of Ligue 1 players and scout them properly.
Of all league imports of the past 5-6 seasons or so, I’d say Ligue 1 has the best track record. With ease, too.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Maybe not but it would be a damn sight more than £20 million
I can’t see much more than £30 million to be honest. He was vastly overpriced when you signed him and his stock had only fallen since then.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I can’t see much more than £30 million to be honest. He was vastly overpriced when you signed him and his stock had only fallen since then.
He has hardly played - I still think he may come good, Jose I don't think trusts him in midfield yet because he wants things tight but with a full pre-season he may yet come good next season. The guy is very talented.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't think that is at all surprising. All the comments about how his fitness supposedly improved in lockdown and Mourinho isn't even picking him off the bench. If they sell him, they are going to make one hell of a loss.
Yeah, 10 outfield players + 5 subs in 2 games and I don't think he played even a single minute. Looks like he will be sold.

BlahRules

He has hardly played - I still think he may come good, Jose I don't think trusts him in midfield yet because he wants things tight but with a full pre-season he may yet come good next season. The guy is very talented.
Nah Jose won't play Ndombele after pre-season. Jose would get another midfielder then try to improve the player.

passing-wind

I can't understand how a professional footballer can't make 90 mins unless they have some underlying health condition. I remember Ozil for Madrid people made a fuss of his continual substitutions but he actually worked hard off the ball. I know playing for Mourinho must be completely uninspiring for an attacking player but he displayed a poor work ethic under Poch too.

roonster09

Scout
What about his attitude? ;)

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What about his attitude? ;)
Well that looks suspect right now - in particular in relation to his conditioning and fitness. There is an excellent player in there somewhere and I still hope we can get him going but if he doesn't sort himself out in pre-season then he's done. To be honest I'd rather have Sissoko in the team right now because although he is very limited he works his socks off for the side and does a good job for us. If we could get N'Dombele to work even 70% as hard as Sissoko does then he could be a great player.

roonster09

Scout
Well that looks suspect right now - in particular in relation to his conditioning and fitness. There is an excellent player in there somewhere and I still hope we can get him going but if he doesn't sort himself out in pre-season then he's done.
Poor guy signed to play for Poch and ended up with Jose.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He was on the pitch isn't it, playing many games when he wasn't injured.
Yeah he played but he never really made it through an entire 90 mins because of his general lack of fitness which is pretty scandalous for a professional player.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah he played but he never really made it through an entire 90 mins because of his general lack of fitness which is pretty scandalous for a professional player.
Wonder how player fitness willl improve without intense matches.

I don't know what's going on with him but I find it strange to expect a player to play for 90 mins without actually playing him. How will he ever get match fit?

Jose had option to use 30 players (10 starting + 5 subs) but never used him even once. This looks more than just fitness.

roonster09

Scout
Wasn't this guy sitting on the bench way before Mourinho was even appointed?
He played in 10 out of 12 league games before Jose was signed, 2 games he missed was due to hamstring injury.

He also played 5/5 CL games.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wonder how player fitness willl improve without intense matches.

I don't know what's going on with him but I find it strange to expect a player to play for 90 mins without actually playing him. How will he ever get match fit?

Jose had option to use 30 players (10 starting + 5 subs) but never used him even once. This looks more than just fitness.
Anytime I watched him play (which has been every match) he looks totally shattered at around 60 mins. I don't really know what the answer is - how come other players in the squad who have not had regular games appear to be able to come in when required and play a full match but he can't?

The reason why Jose hasn't played him in the last two matches is that Jose needs us to be very solid, hard working and defensively tight - that is clearly his main aim at the moment and I think it's the right approach to try and make us very hard to score against first before (hopefully) getting us working a bit better in the attacking third. N'Dombele I don't think is a player he trusts right now to do what he needs him to do in the centre of the park and to be fair to Jose I think it's probably the right call - we needed to not lose against Utd and to win against WH to try and get us back into some sort of form - as more games come I'm sure N'Dombele will get chances dependent on how the matches goes as a sub.

I don't see him starting anytime soon though because Lo Celso has been superb, which means that other spot in CM goes to Winks, Sissoko or N'Dombele - right now if I was picking the team I'd have Sissoko in there because he is exactly what we need right now and Jose appears to feel the same way.

roonster09

Scout
Anytime I watched him play (which has been every match) he looks totally shattered at around 60 mins. I don't really know what the answer is - how come other players in the squad who have not had regular games appear to be able to come in when required and play a full match but he can't?

The reason why Jose hasn't played him in the last two matches is that Jose needs us to be very solid, hard working and defensively tight - that is clearly his main aim at the moment and I think it's the right approach to try and make us very hard to score against first before (hopefully) getting us working a bit better in the attacking third. N'Dombele I don't think is a player he trusts right now to do what he needs him to do in the centre of the park and to be fair to Jose I think it's probably the right call - we needed to not lose against Utd and to win against WH to try and get us back into some sort of form - as more games come I'm sure N'Dombele will get chances dependent on how the game goes.

I don't see him starting anytime soon though because Lo Celso has been superb, which means that other spot in CM goes to Winks, Sissoko or N'Dombele - right now if I was picking the team I'd have Sissoko in there because he is exactly what we need right now and Jose appears to feel the same way.
Wonder how will he improve his fitness if he doesn't play at all.

I think he will be sold this summer. Don't think player trusts manager and manager has any interest in playing him. Selling him should be the logical conclusion.

Kostov

He played in 10 out of 12 league games before Jose was signed, 2 games he missed was due to hamstring injury.

He also played 5/5 CL games.
Then maybe I am mistaking him with Lo Celso? Regarding Ndombele I was obviously in the wrong, and it looks like it's another Jose/player conflict.

jackal&hyde

I was a bit jealous of Spurs when they got him. The thing is though, after i've seen how Mourinho can fall out with so many great players, i don't know what to think here. Maybe Ndombele thought he was going to an attacking side and is now asked to park the buss and doesn't exactly like it, i know another midfielder with tones of ability that probably felt the same.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

I think he will be sold this summer. Don't think player trusts manager and manager has any interest in playing him. Selling him should be the logical conclusion.
A professional footballer should be able to get enough fitness work done in training to complete 90 mins - plenty of other players seem to be able to manage it. Jose has said several times that he really rates him and the talk from inside the club seems to be that this is true. I haven't given up on him making it with Spurs yet but as I've said before pre-season next year could be make or break for him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
A professional footballer should be able to get enough fitness work done in training to complete 90 mins - plenty of other players seem to be able to manage it. Jose has said several times that he really rates him and the talk from inside the club seems to be that this is true. I haven't given up on him making it with Spurs yet but as I've said before pre-season next year could be make or break for him.
He had a lot of completed 90 mins with Lyon though. I know the PL is a step up energy-wise but something is not right for him to have such a drop.

Teja

I think you can make a whole transfer strategy out of picking up players that Jose throws under the bus. If it were upto Jose, we would've sold Martial, Shaw and Pogba and would've gotten Willian, Perisic and Sanchez instead.

roonster09

Scout
If fitness is really his problem the it would be even bigger problem under Jose, I haven't seen anyone improving their fitness levels under Jose. He won't be injured a lot as team plays with low intensity and low block under him, covering less distance than opponents.

Rolaholic

Honestly I'd laugh out loud at this prospect if I were Levy.

After years of being cheap and being the but of jokes, you finally splash some serious cash on one of the most in demand players in Europe last summer to make him your record signing and become an integral part of the squad for years only for the manager, who has a well documented history of this sort of thing, to fall out with him within months...

Even as bad as things got with Pogba, there was at least a good year and a half honeymoon period before things turned sour, this has gone downhill in record time somehow :lol:

I'd sit them both down and demand, not ask, that they work things out like adults before even entertaining a thought of taking a loss on said player already. I'd be quite fuming at how things have turned out if I were him tbh

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
Apparently he told Mourinho that he never wanted to play for him. Looks like he will be sold for a loss.

RUCK4444

Didn’t see much of him prior to him arriving in the PL.

All I do remember is sections of the caf being desperate for us to sign him. From what I’ve seen of him in the PL he’s been woeful.

Is this one a case of the step up being too much for him or has he been harshly treated / poorly utilised?

Judas

Open to offers
You'd be mad to write off a talented player for how they're performing under Jose, even though he looked pretty iffy before Mourinho arrived, we know first hand how shite he can make players look.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Looks like another Martial situation. Mourinho wants shot of him but Levy not willing to let him go.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks like another Martial situation. Mourinho wants shot of him but Levy not willing to let him go.
Hard to know what to do right now. By all accounts his attitude has stunk the place out and he has not trained well or been fit enough for the entire time he has been here. Yet you can see that he is extremely talented and if he wised up he could be amazing for us. What do you do? Cut your losses, get money in and get another player who actually wants to play or persevere with him and hope he turns it around? Honestly don't know what will happen.

Bwuk

Hard to know what to do right now. By all accounts his attitude has stunk the place out and he has not trained well or been fit enough for the entire time he has been here. Yet you can see that he is extremely talented and if he wised up he could be amazing for us. What do you do? Cut your losses, get money in and get another player who actually wants to play or persevere with him and hope he turns it around? Honestly don't know what will happen.
Cut your losses. He was never worth the fee you paid, and his attitude is awful.