Tariq Lamptey

bosskeano

Rumors started at the beginning of the month that we were interested in this young RB from Brighton. I think he would be an ideal signing to replace AWB who lets face it is a shit RB going forward. He clearly does't suit Rangnick or his style of play. Brighton play decent football and he's learning under a guy like Potter how to actually be a well rounded outside back.

https://weallfollowunited.com/2021/...interested-in-brighton-starlet-tariq-lamptey/

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Would rather we wait for Laird and/or go for Mazraoui.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I annoyed a few people with this in his main thread but I'm convinced he's a winger and not a right back.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's a good player but it's high time we stopped buying from English clubs when each player is going to cost north of £50m.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's absolute class, definitely more of a wingback though.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Rather have Livramento if we are looking at an English player.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He does look very good on the ball when I've seen him, and I'd probably like him for the RWB slot if we were playing a back three... but we've conceded enough from crosses to the back post in that area as it is without it being manned by a midget with very questionable defensive acumen.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he’s fantastic, tends to play with a back three behind him at Brighton though, would he be as effective with us? If he could play in a back four he’d be a great signing, and would suit the style of football we seem to want to play under Rangnick.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Don't think he'd suit a back 4 at all. Plays so high and wide and has the CB extra so he doesn't have to defend those back post crosses.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Hear his name season after season now. There's probably a good reason why he hasnt been stepped up.
He’s still only 20 to be fair. Injuries have been issues but having a good season with Swansea.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hear his name season after season now. There's probably a good reason why he hasnt been stepped up.

Well, he was 16 when you started hearing his name season after season, so his age is probably the biggest reason. And fitness.

There’s also a good reason why you have been hearing his name season after season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Shocking take. :houllier:

He's just turned 20 and on loan at Swansea where he's doing very well for them. How often do young defensive players just get thrown into the first team of top clubs when they have established PL players ahead of them in their position?

At 20, Reece James was on loan at Wigan - he's now class for Chelsea. Chalobah was on loan at Huddersfield. I'm sure Chelsea fans had heard a bit about them for a good while before they were in their first team and it doesn't mean they're shit and need to be written off ffs :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Shocking take. :houllier:

He's just turned 20 and on loan at Swansea where he's doing very well for them. How often do young defensive players just get thrown into the first team of top clubs when they have established PL players ahead of them in their position?

At 20, Reece James was on loan at Wigan - he's now class for Chelsea. Chalobah was on loan at Huddersfield. I'm sure Chelsea fans had heard a bit about them for a good while before they were in their first team and it doesn't mean they're shit an need to be written off ffs :lol:
Calm down, its not a take. Hence why I said probably.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
He’s shit - you’d all hate him, better get that Livramento fellow instead.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well, he was 16 when you started hearing his name season after season, so his age is probably the biggest reason. And fitness.

There’s also a good reason why you have been hearing his name season after season.
Precisely this. If the name keep coming year after year , then there is a strong reason unlike players like Williams, who has faded off to mediocrity .

Dong Fangzhuo

He's very good and a ton of fun to watch but not someone we should be targeting for a number of reasons imo. He's a bit of a sicknote by the looks of things, he's mostly excelled as a very attacking WB in a three at the back system and might not suit a back four, and he'd probably be outrageously expensive.

bosskeano

if we continue with the system that Rangnick is playing or we hire Ten Hag, a player like Lamptey is exactly what would be expected as an outside back. Ten Hag might want to bring his own RB but not denying this kid isn't light years better going forward than AWB

marktan

He's 100% not a RB as others have said, either a RWB or will need to convert to a winger.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He was on our radar for a right back in the summer but there were genuine concerns about his height & ability to defend in a back 4, especially after we signed White who isn't exactly dominant in the air, so another reason why we went for Tomiyasu.

However, if we were to play a back 3 by bringing Tomiyasu inside or by introducing Saliba, he'd be the perfect attacking right wing back. Could see Conte maybe being interested for his system?

Red00012

He’s more a WB and his height would be a problem at RB I’d rather see how Laird comes back to us next season and give him a chance.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Nice player. Rate Livramento far higher
I've not watched him a lot but the thing that I like about him is that he seems like he can cut in too, make inverted passes, take shots and utelise both his feet.

Seems a bit more well positioned to do the defensive work too compared to lamptey.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Livramento is the one for me.

CM10

Decent player but I think Livramento is the better signing if we're looking at domestic talents. Laird still has a chance of making the grade too.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Rumors started at the beginning of the month that we were interested in this young RB from Brighton. I think he would be an ideal signing to replace AWB who lets face it is a shit RB going forward. He clearly does't suit Rangnick or his style of play. Brighton play decent football and he's learning under a guy like Potter how to actually be a well rounded outside back.

https://weallfollowunited.com/2021/...interested-in-brighton-starlet-tariq-lamptey/
So much wrong I don’t know where to start
AWB is to attacking what lamptey is to defending
Wouldn’t call him well rounded, got a lot to add to his game
Maybe he goes somewhere like city where he only plays games where he only has to attack

Teja

should we revisit this possibility?
He was fantastic again yesterday. Whenever I watch him play he looks impressive.

TBF Cucurella looks pretty good to me as well, so it's likely I don't know what I'm talking about here.