Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

Yagami

Good post resistant
Great news @Yagami

Hopefully one day @Hectic will watch an episode.
The adverts have got me hyped for it :drool:

@Hectic will eventually succumb to our wishes. We just need to sacrifice a wooden chair leg, a dogs favourite stuffed toy, and a copy of finding nemo first. The day will come.

prateik

2 episodes in 2 days :eek:
Watching the second one before the Europa League.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
New season is pretty good so far.

Has anybody bothered trying out the US version?

Nico87

Has anybody been watching the new series, this has been the best set of contestents so far. The tower task in the first episode was hilarious, Phil stitching up Rhod was brilliant.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Has anybody been watching the new series, this has been the best set of contestents so far. The tower task in the first episode was hilarious, Phil stitching up Rhod was brilliant.
I was a bit apprehensive about the line up - as I always seem to be - but i've been predictably proven wrong. The format makes it hard for anyone to fail. Been an excellent series and Rhod might well be my favourite contestant.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I was a bit apprehensive about the line up - as I always seem to be - but i've been predictably proven wrong. The format makes it hard for anyone to fail. Been an excellent series and Rhod might well be my favourite contestant.
I was loving the new lineup. Big fan of Rhod and Acaster. Wang is also absolutely gas. It's been a brilliant series so far.

I thought the previous one was poor, though, cause the lineup was a bit drab. The show really lives or does on it's contestants.

ivaldo

I was loving the new lineup. Big fan of Rhod and Acaster. Wang is also absolutely gas. It's been a brilliant series so far.

I thought the previous one was poor, though, cause the lineup was a bit drab. The show really lives or does on it's contestants.
I like Rhod and Wang, Acaster is ok, but the others I find very irritable.

Though I agree last series line up wasn't great, I still enjoyed it. Greg can carry a bad line up.

Massive Spanner

I like Rhod and Wang, Acaster is ok, but the others I find very irritable.

Though I agree last series line up wasn't great, I still enjoyed it. Greg can carry a bad line up.
Yeah it was still good fun because of the hosts and some of the tasks can make anyone funny to be fair, but the weakest of the lot for me.

Still reckon Mortimer will never be beaten though, the mad bastard.

Nico87

The last line up failed because they were all "too cool" to care, the genuine snark and competitiveness between the contestent in the series is elevating it. I agree with what you said about Greg being the star,he rings traits of his Mr Gilbert role which combined with being a teacher works a treat, him taking James Acaster to the side and speaking to him like a naughty little schoolboy got a genuine belly laugh from me.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
This Season is much better than last season. I think it helps that it's pretty competitive this year too, there's not one standout that tends to blitz the rest. They've all had some mares.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Didn't really know what to expect from this lineup as hadn't heard of most of the names but definitely enjoying it more than the last series. Do they record tiebreakers in advance for each episode or do they select which tiebreakers to show at random? Would love for there to be a special episode or two in the breaks between seasons showing tasks that didn't make it to screen or tiebreakers that weren't aired.

lsd

The Oracle
This Season is much better than last season. I think it helps that it's pretty competitive this year too, there's not one standout that tends to blitz the rest. They've all had some mares.

Mel is a nutcase . Nothing will top Nish Kumars season for me but I am liking how competitive they all are this season

Massive Spanner

Yeah that was fantastic, great series all round.

Rhod was the best imo, usually came up with the most out-there and clever solutions to tasks, and generally being a bit mental. He probably would've won if he wasn't so obsessed with humiliating Greg in the bring your own thing in bit :lol:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Recently binged through all 5 seasons, really enjoyed them. Surprised there's been so little talk of it on the Cafe, it's a great show.

Anyone know the Champion of Champions two-parter airs?
Where did you find the show to binge through it? I've just been recording every episode I see on Dave, but I'm sure I've missed quite a few.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Where did you find the show to binge through it? I've just been recording every episode I see on Dave, but I'm sure I've missed quite a few.
They're all on UKTV on demand mate

Really enjoyed this season!

gaz1185

UKTV Play has all of the series on it. You can get it on catch up with Virgin, Sky or with the UKTV Play app.

Phil Wang's costume gets me every time, as does Acaster always blanking Alex :lol:
Seriously thought Acaster blanking Alex was going to be revealed as a series long task last night.

Great series overall though, wasn't sure on the lineup for this season originally but it turned out great. Rhod is up there with Liza Tarbuck for originality.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Rhod getting the photo of Gregs mom in the bath, with Gregs reaction was absolutely priceless!

Great series, I only heard of Rhod and Kerry before - but in general the cast was the funniest I've watched as a group.

Damien

Staff
Series 8 line-up

Joe Thomas (The Inbetweeners)
Iain Stirling (Love Island narrator... hate him)
Lou Sanders (comedian)
Paul Sinha (The Chase)
Sian Gibson (Car Share)

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Never heard of any of them, but then I rarely know many of them but it's always good.

Any release date?

Damien

Staff
I don't think I've seen one but they have been filming at the house recently. Guessing they'll soon do the filming with the audience and then there'll be a definitive date.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Ah, so a good bit away still I guess. Cheers

Massive Spanner

that's a pretty shit lineup, probably the worst I've seen, especially when you compare it to S7. I mean there's feck all actual comedians.

prateik

8-10 weeks from now going by previous seasons..

Don't recognize anyone.. but that doesnt really matter...

The last series was great after a weak series 6.. Hope the good run continues.

Damien

Staff
Four of them are comedians as one of their careers if not their main one but I think I get what you mean.

Here's the trailer

decorativeed

Easily he worst line-up so far. Normally there are the majority I know and one I really dislike going into the series, but they win me around. With this lot, I just don't care about any of them.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not a great line-up but, for me, even when they've had people on I like, it's not been the participants that make the show. Greg and Alex, along with the general atmosphere and banter, are what make it for me, so I'm still excited. Although having people I like is always a plus!

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Series 7 had the cast I least knew - turned out to be my favourite so far. Hoping for more of the same here.

prateik

Checked the wiki to see all the contestants.
Romesh, Tim Key, Doc Brown, Paul Chowdhry, Joe Lycett, Lolly Adefope, Nish, Sally Phillips, Alice Levine, Jessica Knapett, Phil Wang..

List of names I didn't know but liked on the show..

Not too worried.

But this will be the first series where I recognize absolutely nobody.

ivaldo

Checked the wiki to see all the contestants.
Romesh, Tim Key, Doc Brown, Paul Chowdhry, Joe Lycett, Lolly Adefope, Nish, Sally Phillips, Alice Levine, Jessica Knapett, Phil Wang..

List of names I didn't know but liked on the show..

Not too worried.

But this will be the first series where I recognize absolutely nobody.
Really? Nish, Lolly, Knapett, Wang and maybe Chowhdry are the only ones I would have thought most wouldn't know. I must watch too much shit on TV.