Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
What's the best season of this? Been watching season 7 but never watched any of the others. Which is the best season to go back and watch?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The one with Bob Mortimer was brilliant. Season 5.

I also think Season 1 is great because they cheated a lot. :lol:
Most of the early ones are good to be fair. But yeah season 5 is great because Mortimer and Sally Phillips are barshit crazy :lol:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The one with Bob Mortimer was brilliant. Season 5.

I also think Season 1 is great because they cheated a lot. :lol:
Most of the early ones are good to be fair. But yeah season 5 is great because Mortimer and Sally Phillips are barshit crazy :lol:
Cheers I'll give season 5 a watch when I finish 7 tomorrow

Yagami

Good post resistant
I echo the seasons 1 & 5 shouts, @P-Nut .

I've loved every season - I don't think there's been a bad one - but those two were easily my favourites.

1 because the contestants had no clue how anything worked, so if someone did something a little outside of the box they'd be at eachothers throats. Plus, they gave as good as they got to Greg. 5 because it was just a great line-up in general.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I haven't watched but I assume that was after their team mission where Rhod just went off on his own? :lol:

Couldn't blame James at all for going berserk! I loved how, in the middle of it all, Phil Wang was just like a kid in the middle of a parents domestic.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Would love to see Richard Ayoade on this

lsd

The Oracle
So far its keeping up it's good season and bad season good season bad season run and last season was a good one .

If they couldn't get any decent names perhaps they could have waited till they did

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Shame about Paul's shoulder problems. So far things are how I thought they'd be before the series started:
  • Paul's intelligence not quite translating into a task show other than him knowing the most difference species of bird. Daftness with the baby monitor, the rice task and on the train task asking way more questions than necessary were highlights. Did well on the moustache one.
  • Iain being as annoying as I expected. Had the misfortune of watching a few minutes of an episode of CelebAbility once and thought it was absolute shite.
  • Joe Thomas being exactly the same in real life as he was on The Inbetweeners. Definition of awkward. Nailed the train station task though. Silly task but I enjoyed it.

Massive Spanner

Shame about Paul's shoulder problems. So far things are how I thought they'd be before the series started:
  • Paul's intelligence not quite translating into a task show other than him knowing the most difference species of bird. Daftness with the baby monitor, the rice task and on the train task asking way more questions than necessary were highlights. Did well on the moustache one.
  • Iain being as annoying as I expected. Had the misfortune of watching a few minutes of an episode of CelebAbility once and thought it was absolute shite.
  • Joe Thomas being exactly the same in real life as he was on The Inbetweeners. Definition of awkward. Nailed the train station task though. Silly task but I enjoyed it.
Without it coming across the wrong way, Paul comes across as a bit.. autistic? Seems to certainly lack some basic life skills, or something. Isn't Anne autistic too? I mean it sort of makes sense that someone with that insane level of knowledge stored in their head could be a bit autistic.

He is entertaining, though.

Sian is my favourite. She reminds me a bit of Sally Phillips the way she goes about tasks.

Damien

Staff
Without it coming across the wrong way, Paul comes across as a bit.. autistic? Seems to certainly lack some basic life skills, or something. Isn't Anne autistic too? I mean it sort of makes sense that someone with that insane level of knowledge stored in their head could be a bit autistic.

He is entertaining, though.

Sian is my favourite. She reminds me a bit of Sally Phillips the way she goes about tasks.
Anne has Asperger's. Don't think Paul is autistic - or at least diagnosed - but I can see what you mean by his mannerisms at times.

lsd

The Oracle
Last season was always going to be hard to follow and they have sadly failed to come close this time around.

I wonder how many people they asked this time around that couldn't do it I know Trevor Ayoade was asked .

I think they just needed at least one or two better known contestants who could raise the show up .

Damien

Staff
Last season was always going to be hard to follow and they have sadly failed to come close this time around.

I wonder how many people they asked this time around that couldn't do it I know Trevor Ayoade was asked .

I think they just needed at least one or two better known contestants who could raise the show up .
Related to Richard? Richard would be good but can't see it being a goer due to Travel Man.

I think contestant profile is overrated. Last series' lineup was probably one many people knew least about but it ended up being the best one. Main thing for me is the chemistry between the contestants and we've not seen much of that so far. Maybe it'll improve in later weeks as they get more comfortable.

lsd

The Oracle
Related to Richard? Richard would be good but can't see it being a goer due to Travel Man.

I think contestant profile is overrated. Last series' lineup was probably one many people knew least about but it ended up being the best one. Main thing for me is the chemistry between the contestants and we've not seen much of that so far. Maybe it'll improve in later weeks as they get more comfortable.

Richard yes god knows where I got Trevor from

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Some of the best chemistry was Joe walking in with the cup of tea and not knowing who Sian was and was incredibly uncomfortable with her. :lol:

Nico87

This series is far exceeding expectations and is up there with the very best so far in my opinion, last night with Paul in that phone box is an all time great Taskmaster moment.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The train yard task is probably my favourite ever. I really, really want to play.

Massive Spanner

The nature of the show certain types of comedians will always struggle but Ian is well something else.
He's clearly extremely competitive which is making him come across as a right twat in the show, as someone who's extremely competitive too and can turn into a complete dick when I'm losing, I can sympathize in a way.

Joe and Sian are great, though. I love how awkward he is and how weird she is.

buchansleftleg

I've seen Paul Sinha do stand-up and his act is mainly him talking about being a gay asian man. This is fair enough but he does come across as being a bit creepy predator about it. stuff that if he was heterosexual would probably get him into trouble. That may just be a stage persona though but his wandering around in pyjamas doing the tasks is a bit off-putting.

I think Ian is playing the necessary role of trying to take on and beat the taskmaster, he is very competitive and is trying to outwit the task itself at times.

i think some of the tasks have been hit and miss as they often are....but hopefully there will be some good ideas later in the series. I do think Gregg is being easier on them this series though.

Sweet Square

I've seen Paul Sinha do stand-up and his act is mainly him talking about being a gay asian man. This is fair enough but he does come across as being a bit creepy predator about it. stuff that if he was heterosexual would probably get him into trouble. That may just be a stage persona though but his wandering around in pyjamas doing the tasks is a bit off-putting.
Think this is just all in your head, mate.

Nico87

I think Ian is playing the necessary role of trying to take on and beat the taskmaster, he is very competitive and is trying to outwit the task itself at times.

i think some of the tasks have been hit and miss as they often are....but hopefully there will be some good ideas later in the series. I do think Gregg is being easier on them this series though.
He apparently just had major shoulder surgery at the time of filming, also why he seems to struggle with the physical element. I’ve not found him to be at all creepy though.

Also unrelated to your post Paul has today revealed he’s been diagnosed with Parkinson’s.

prateik

Paul Sinha coming across as a creepy predator? .. what the feck is he on about?

Saw the post on reddit a bit earlier.. hope he finds a way to manage it..

Also, I like Iain .. He is clearly a fan . Has mentioned wanting to be in the champion of champions a few times :lol:

I didnt know what to expect when the lineup was announced.. I hadn't heard of most of them and knew very little about the couple of people I had heard of..
The contestants, all of them, have been great. Tasks have been really good too.

Top season so far..

Season 6 was weak.. I thought they were out of ideas.. but they are clearly back on track

buchansleftleg

He apparently just had major shoulder surgery at the time of filming, also why he seems to struggle with the physical element. I’ve not found him to be at all creepy though.

Also unrelated to your post Paul has today revealed he’s been diagnosed with Parkinson’s.
Just read about this. That's a real shame. I should point out I was meaning his stage act came across as creepy.

Parkinson's is tough to deal with. Hope he can manage his symptoms as well as possible.

Sweet Square

Just read about this. That's a real shame. I should point out I was meaning his stage act came across as creepy.

Parkinson's is tough to deal with. Hope he can manage his symptoms as well as possible.
Not to keep going on about this but I went on youtube after reading your post and Paul standup is perfectly fine.