Television Taskmaster | Taskmaster VR Coming 2024 to Steam and Meta

prateik

Does anyone watch it?
Just finished the first season..

Season 3 has just started...

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Anyone watching the new series?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Recently binged through all 5 seasons, really enjoyed them. Surprised there's been so little talk of it on the Cafe, it's a great show.

Anyone know the Champion of Champions two-parter airs?

prateik

Recently binged through all 5 seasons, really enjoyed them. Surprised there's been so little talk of it on the Cafe, it's a great show.

13th Dec

Alock1

Awesome, can't wait

SteveTheRed

Great show! Loved every season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was thinking of making this thread the other day. Recently been binging it and it's brilliant. I caught S5 1st and have watched 1,2,3 and am currently in the middle of 4. There hasn't been a contestant yet I've disliked and Greg Davies and Alex Horne are brilliant.

A bit disappointed to see the champion series as only a two-parter. I thought it was another whole series!

prateik

Yeah. not looking forward to the US remake. Not a fan of Reggie Watts.. and the only contestants I recognize are Lisa Lampanelli, who is horrible.. and Ron Funches

Alock1

I was thinking of making this thread the other day. Recently been binging it and it's brilliant. I caught S5 1st and have watched 1,2,3 and am currently in the middle of 4. There hasn't been a contestant yet I've disliked and Greg Davies and Alex Horne are brilliant.
Alex Horne is great, I agree. He's the creator too right? So, if he's still co-hosting on the US, and the Studios don't get too involved then it may still be good. We'll see.

I agree on the contestants. The thing is, the format enables pretty shit contestants to be likable enough in what they do. For every task, there is basically 3 outcomes - inventive, comedic or a shit, obvious attempt. The former is interesting to see how they approached it, comedic provides the laughs, and the shit, obvious attempts just enable Greg, Alex & the other contestants to rip into them.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Alex Horne is great, I agree. He's the creator too right? So, if he's still co-hosting on the US, and the Studios don't get too involved then it may still be good. We'll see.

I agree on the contestants. The thing is, the format enables pretty shit contestants to be likable enough in what they do. For every task, there is basically 3 outcomes - inventive, comedic or a shit, obvious attempt. The former is interesting to see how they approached it, comedic provides the laughs, and the shit, obvious attempts just enable Greg, Alex & the other contestants to rip into them.
Yep, he is the creator. I believe that it was originally a radio show as well.

You're right there. Even though it's an entirely different show, I liken to Graham Norton as it's just fun seeing the contestants/guests gel together.

Eriku

Recently found out about this through the panelshow subreddit. Have subsequently devoured every season.

Cracking stuff, Davies being drunk on power is hilarious :)

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

That's it. They could put almost anyone in those chairs and it would still be pretty funny. Love the show.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I didn't think this 2 part champions of champions special was that good. Felt very rushed, which is understandable as I'm sure it was hard to fit into their schedules. It wasn't bad by any means, and there were some good laughs; just not as good as the regular series.

spwd

Only watched a few episodes of this and can’t make my mind up if its good or shit, doesn’t help that i dont like that Alex Horn or whatever his name is.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Only watched a few episodes of this and can’t make my mind up if its good or shit, doesn’t help that i dont like that Alex Horn or whatever his name is.
If you don't like Alex then I don't think you'll ever get into the series unless your fondness of Greg outweighs your dislike of Alex. :D

Blind

I'm on series 5 at the minute, series 4 with Noel Fielding wasn't great but it's been consistently excellent for the most part. The format is king, if they get people like Tim Key and Bob Mortimer on it's just a bonus. Some of the little touches and details are superb too, it's just a really well put together show that would get a lot more recognition if it wasn't on Dave.

lsd

The Oracle

It's his show so you might have a problem there with it. Would love to see people like Jon Richardson and Kevin Bridges in future seasons

lsd

The Oracle
Jon Richardson is in one of them?
Oh yeah your right I didn't watch that season no matter how much i like him and Katherine Ryan that was the one with the bearded twat from the jimmy carr countdown

Yagami

Good post resistant
Oh yeah your right I didn't watch that season no matter how much i like him and Katherine Ryan that was the one with the bearded twat from the jimmy carr countdown
He(Joe Wilkinson) probably had the most epic moment in the whole history of the show, too!

decorativeed

I find him desperately unfunny too, but he's not anywhere near as annoying on Taskmaster. Don't let it put you off a really good series.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I find him desperately unfunny too, but he's not anywhere near as annoying on Taskmaster. Don't let it put you off a really good series.
Yeah, there were some on the show I'm not generally a fan of but, as @Alock1 said earlier in the thread, the format really helps them come across well regardless.

Member 39557

Mortimer's mask sequence where he was shouting about being a sinner had me cracking up. Just the way the mask looked and the way he was rambling got me! :lol:

Member 39557

whats this show about?
Some comedians get set random tasks and have to complete them according to the rules and often within a time limit.
The tasks can be a bit hit & miss entertainment wise, but overall it's quite a funny show. It's interesting to see how they approach things and how they interpret the rules.

Worth a watch. I ended up on a binge of the first 4 series

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Some comedians get set random tasks and have to complete them according to the rules and often within a time limit.
The tasks can be a bit hit & miss entertainment wise, but overall it's quite a funny show. It's interesting to see how they approach things and how they interpret the rules.

Worth a watch. I ended up on a binge of the first 4 series
Physical and mental tasks?

prateik

I knew I was going to love it when I saw Romesh in the first task of series 1.