Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

Cina

Mike is amazing. The fart was horrific. I cannot believe he used to be a doctor :lol:

hobbers

Next level television that. Mike right up there with the best of Bob Mortimer.

0le

Incredible episode. Easily one of the best ever moments on taskmaster.

0le

You know some clown is going to put that fart as their ring tone.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Wozniak, Mortimer, Phillips, Murray, Gilbert. Are the tier ones for me.

Bertie Wooster

Wozniak, Mortimer, Phillips, Murray, Gilbert. Are the tier ones for me.
It'll never happen because of the particular mix of contestants they have to choose nowadays - but Osman, Mortimer, Acaster, Vine, Gilbert would be my perfect group of the ones that have already been on.

Bertie Wooster

It has turned out to be one of the better seasons and proof it can thrive with the restrictions Covid has bought.

I was a fan of Jamali before the show and in my opinion he has really delivered I love his banter with Alex and the way he approaches the tasks for someone who has never really watched the show has been great to watch

Mike I was worried about since I had only seen him in Man Down but again he has been fantastic on every task and has a quote for every occasion.

Lee slightly disappointing as I did expect a lot from him but still very good and likewise Sarah and Charlotte. Sarah wants to win so much and that is always good to watch in this format

Compared to the horror of season 10 which I gave up on this season has proved there is a lot of life left yet in the format.
Yeah, completely agree with that.

The previous 3 series had been poor by Taskmasters high standards. Although the format and tasks were still fine, so I was hopeful that there'd be another group at some point that really worked and thankfully this one has.

I can't say I think Jamali, Sarah and Charlotte have been great or anything. They've just been OK, and no better than some in the recent poorer series (I thought Katherine Parkinson was as good as Charlotte and better than Sarah. And I quite liked Joe Thomas and Richard Herring). But they haven't been annoying, and added to the brilliant Mike and Lee then it's really made it a good group and a much better series than the last few and a huge return to form.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
For my line up I'd go with
Rhod Gilbert
Katherine Ryan
Tim Keys
Nish Kumar
Noel Fielding

decorativeed

I know I should have been watching the match, but I wasn't, I was watching this instead. Best episode for ages, I thought!

decorativeed

Just weird.
For the last 10 years we've won one match on the days closest to my birthday. I've started to feel cursed, obviously never got over losing 1-0 to City on my birthday in 2012 and throwing away the title, so gave the match a swerve! Managed to follow it in the match day thread while watching TM, mind!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's been a great series after a slow start. Lee and Mike are great. I really hope Sarah doesn't win it though because she is possibly the worst contestant the show has had.

Bertie Wooster

It's been a great series after a slow start. Lee and Mike are great. I really hope Sarah doesn't win it though because she is possibly the worst contestant the show has had.
She's not been overly annoying (Aisling Bea was the worse imo), but it's really hard to believe that she's a comedian.

She's barely even tried to do or say anything funny in 7 episodes so far. She's one of the most boring and solemn people I've ever seen, and completely unsuited to a comedian when 'performing'. Unless her schtick is a Jack Dee type persona?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Had Lee Mack not managed to constantly get himself disqualified he'd be a lot closer to her at this point. Will be interesting to see how close it ends up.

lsd

The Oracle
She's not been overly annoying (Aisling Bea was the worse imo), but it's really hard to believe that she's a comedian.

She's barely even tried to do or say anything funny in 7 episodes so far. She's one of the most boring and solemn people I've ever seen, and completely unsuited to a comedian when 'performing'. Unless her schtick is a Jack Dee type persona?

She is ok at Stand Up not hilarious but not bad either. I think she might be one of those contestants that have no idea about the show and get confused as to what is expected at times.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
It's an absolute casserole down there :lol:

Superunknown

The last few episodes of this have been great. Mike talking down to that vole is one of my highlights of the year. :lol:

Charlotte. :drool:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The "Charlotte Richie is a children's TV show presenter" thing is a good example of what makes this show work. It isn't that funny a joke in and of itself but after weeks of episodes with the same contestants it builds, to the point where I laughed twice during their airplane task because it was obviously going to be commented on again.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Greg was really on form in the last one, it's such a better show when he cops the hump with the prize tasks and the show then becomes him relentlessly mocking everyone. Apparently (I think it might have been Charlotte who said it on the podcast) Mack has been on form too and entertaining everyone with his wit, but obviously most of it is getting cut which is why he still looks subdued to us.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Mentioned in a different thread that Charlotte reminded me of Lois Lane from the Christopher Reeve Superman films, so was inordinately pleased to hear Lee Mack say the same thing on the Taskmaster podcast.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
it's been a great series, and probably would've been even better under non-Covid settings. Mike, Lee, and Charlotte are all fantastic in their own ways. Especially Mike. Greg pretty much nailed it in the last episode when he said he's basically unfazed by anything and will just go and do the instructions he's given without even second guessing :lol:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I keep trying to watch this but can't get past the first season as I can't stand Romesh and don't know how he ever earned the title of 'comedian'.