Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

0le

Loved Alan making that noise. It had me in stitches.

I think it was an average series. The tasks were pretty poor overall but all the contestants were likeable and had their own quirks. I did not recognise anyone by name from the new cast, but having looked them up, I do recognise the Father Ted dude.

The creator is a shit person and there are moments in that and The IT Crowd that have definitely not aged well but it also has many classic moments and quotes that I'm 100% sure will be repeated either in this thread or twitter during the time the tasks air. I wouldn't be surprised if there were even tasks inspired by some of the moments
Channel 4 removed one episode from the IT Crowd (S03E04) on its platform for this reason.

Trequarista10

Next lineup appears to be missing a big/headline name, but I don't think it really matters.

More importantly, I had to google Bridget Christie, damn she looks incredible for 50.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

I think it was an average series. The tasks were pretty poor overall but all the contestants were likeable and had their own quirks. I did not recognise anyone by name from the new cast, but having looked them up, I do recognise the Father Ted dude.

Channel 4 removed one episode from the IT Crowd (S03E04) on its platform for this reason.
Why have you spoilered that?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Very good finale I thought.

Morgana was personally my least favourite contestant and the one who's humour I find least opinion, but that's just a personal aside. Was a fine season overall, if not top tier.

Superunknown

My wife almost passed out that. :lol:

Great season. Really enjoyed it and loved the cast. Wish we could have that exact same cast for another season, tbh.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Very good finale I thought.

Morgana was personally my least favourite contestant and the one who's humour I find least opinion, but that's just a personal aside. Was a fine season overall, if not top tier.
Agree mostly, but I actually like Morgana thinking back on it. The season as a whole was up and down, but she did give it a proper go and ticked all the boxes, so I kind of respect that. Like Ed Gamble in that sense for me, annoying but I get it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Seems a shortage of comedians there?

As far as I can make out it's two presenters, a politician, an athlete and a rapper. No out and out comedian there at all as far as I can see?
I think you can get off without comedians for specials. It’s a one off and they will have enough “banter” to get through the studio bits and mess up a few tasks.

I think it would be brutal across a whole series without comedians though.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Seems a shortage of comedians there?

As far as I can make out it's two presenters, a politician, an athlete and a rapper. No out and out comedian there at all as far as I can see?
It's what they do in the New Years Treat - have people that aren't comedians.

In the last one they had John Hannah (actor), Krishnan Guru-Murthy (journalist), Nicola Coughlan (actress), Rylan Clark-Neal (presenter and 'singer') and Shirley Ballas (ballroom dancer)

Bertie Wooster

It's what they do in the New Years Treat - have people that aren't comedians.

In the last one they had John Hannah (actor), Krishnan Guru-Murthy (journalist), Nicola Coughlan (actress), Rylan Clark-Neal (presenter and 'singer') and Shirley Ballas (ballroom dancer)
Yeah, good point. I'd forgotten all about last year's episode. Makes sense - using people for one offs who aren't comedians and saving others who'd be funnier for the 10 episode series.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Should have Bertie Wooster on there next to Alison Hammond.

Bertie Wooster

Should have Bertie Wooster on there next to Alison Hammond.
I'm sure Alison's pencilled in as an option for a future series.

And I'd love to see Bertie Wooster on there - hell, I'd love to watch Bertie Wooster pick Blueberries - but, unfortunately, they haven't got round to having literary characters on yet.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can't believe you guys have so much to say about this comedy show. Picking it apart like it's some sort of intricate political thriller.

It's a bit of entertainment, that's all.
Thanks Colin.

Bertie Wooster

I can't believe you guys have so much to say about this comedy show. Picking it apart like it's some sort of intricate political thriller.

It's a bit of entertainment, that's all.
Yeah, I think some people take it far too seriously and get themselves worked up over nothing. :angel:

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

Enjoyed that. I thought it was a really good episode.

Not much quick wit or verbal humour from the group of non comedians but that's understandable and it was a fun, upbeat atmosphere and the tasks were great and made for a lot of humorous situations.

Last edited:

Dan

Alex to Claudia “it is orange.” :lol:

Last edited:

Redlambs

Enjoyed that. I thought it was a really good episode.

Not much quick wit or verbal humour from the non comedian contestants but that's understandable and it was a fun, upbeat atmosphere and the tasks were great and made for a lot of humorous situations.
What? I thought they all had lots of fun moments. You certainly have an odd way of looking at things!

In fact, who were the comedians?

Alex to Claudia “it is orange.” :lol:
That was actually hilarious that he got her to react, then seemed to realise what he said and was a little bit shocked by himself :lol:

Last edited:

Redlambs

I think she’d be great on a full series.
Way too busy I think.

To be fair, I think all these would be fun as a lineup. Though, if I'm being cynical, I'd say these days the show would benefit from less episodes so they don't have to have all the filler tasks. This episode was easily the funniest without a single big moment in a long time.

Bertie Wooster

What? I thought they all had lots of fun moments. You certainly have an odd way of looking at things!
You also have an oddly negative take to every post I do on the thread.

I love the show, praised that particular episode, said the contestants created a fun and upbeat atmosphere and that the tasks, and the contestants efforts, created a lot of humour. And I just stated that it was understandable that the non comedian group weren't as quick with the verbal banter as a group of comedians. And that's the only part of the post you choose to acknowledge? :houllier:

Last edited:

Redlambs

You also have an oddly negative reaction to every post I do on the thread.

I love the show, praised that particular episode, said the contestants created a fun and upbeat atmosphere and that the tasks, and the contestants efforts, created a lot of humour. But just added that it was understandable that the non comedian panellists weren't as quick with the verbal banter as others. And that's the only part you choose to highlight and pick up on? :houllier:
TBF, I also asked who the comedians were...

Bertie Wooster

TBF, I also asked who the comedians were...
You obviously misunderstood my post - not for the first time.

There had already been posts when the group was announced about it being a whole group of non-comedians, and how they did the same the last New Year special (posts #974-977)

So I wasn't criticising anyone. It was a positive post saying it was understandable that a group full of non-comedians weren't as quick witted or full of banter as the usual groups with plenty of comedians - but praising the enjoyable episode saying the group had still been a lot of fun, and the great tasks had provided plenty of humour.

Last edited:

Redlambs

You obviously misunderstood my post - not for the first time.

There had already been posts when the group was announced about it being a whole group of non-comedians, and how they did the same the last New Year special (posts #974-977)

So I wasn't criticising anyone. It was a positive post saying it was understandable that a group full of non-comedians weren't as quick witted or full of banter as the usual groups with plenty of comedians - but praising the enjoyable episode saying the group had still been a lot of fun, and the great tasks had provided plenty of humour.
Still not sure, past Alan Davies, who the comedians are. Does Claudia Winkleman count? She's often funny, but I've no idea if she does stand up.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is that the first time Alex has ever told a contestant they don't have to taste/drink everything?
Might be, she was about to down all of them though.

That pole task turned out so well, thought Claudia was going into the minuses. :lol:

Bertie Wooster

Still not sure, past Alan Davies, who the comedians are. Does Claudia Winkleman count? She's often funny, but I've no idea if she does stand up.
I'm still not sure what you're talking about?

Who said there were comedians on? My whole point, as I've now had to point out to you in 3 or 4 posts, is that there wasn't any comedians amongst the contestants completing the tasks. As was already established pre-recording in posts #974-77.

I keep saying that it was a surprisingly fun and enjoyable episode for a group of contestants with no comedians in it - and that the great tasks created plenty of humour.

Last edited:

Redlambs

Might be, she was about to down all of them though.

That pole task turned out so well, thought Claudia was going into the minuses. :lol:
Yeah, that was a great task. When she stopped at the tires :lol:

I also loved Lady Leshurr thrusting the pole at the end of every challenge then inevitably hitting something.

I'm still not sure what you're talking about?

Who said there were comedians on? My whole point, as I've now had to point out to you in 3 or 4 posts, is that there wasn't any comedians amongst the contestants completing the tasks. As was already established pre-recording in posts #974-77.

I keep saying that it was a surprisingly fun and enjoyable episode for a group of contestants with no comedians in it - and that the great tasks created plenty of humour. What part of that do you find confusing or incorrect? And don't bloody ask who the comedians were again!
So Alan isn't a comedian?

This is how I picture @Bertie Wooster

:lol:

Redlambs

F*ck me, there's some trolling bastards on this thread.

I contribute to other threads and never get into all this - yet virtually every post I do on here gets trolled and the same few chipping in with cheap digs.

I made a positive post about the episode, and Redlambs unnecessary trolling has turned it into yet another 'thing' again.

Taskmaster is my favourite show on TV. But it's my least favourite thread that I contribute to on here.
I only asked you who are the comedians and who aren't.

Don't worry your delicate little self any longer, I've googled it. All good mate!