Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

Tyrion

Yeah I've felt he's been better when he is not trying to win it so much.

Don't think I've seen Alex lose it as much as he's doing in this series. Ardal especially seems to make him burst into laughter
And Bridget seemed to actually piss him off during the "Guess the Shoe" task.

Robindinho

Sausage mixer will go down as one of the greatest moments in TM history. Surprised it passed health and safety
Surely he must have played/created it before... Maybe sausage swingball or something, instead of the mixer.

If not, how would you think of that so quickly?! :lol:

b82REZ

There have been high points to this season but I still wouldn't have it near the Acaster series. I may be viewing it through my Wozniak lenses but I also think last season was better (once you got over the volume issues).

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
There have been high points to this season but I still wouldn't have it near the Acaster series. I may be viewing it through my Wozniak lenses but I also think last season was better (once you got over the volume issues).
Having the audience and them sitting beside each other makes a massive difference that I just can’t rate last season up there, as great as Mike was. He deserved an audience for all his lunacy.

the show is always at its best when they are super competitive and into it which they’ve all been this season.

b82REZ

Having the audience and them sitting beside each other makes a massive difference that I just can’t rate last season up there, as great as Mike was. He deserved an audience for all his lunacy.

the show is always at its best when they are super competitive and into it which they’ve all been this season.
Geordie fella, who's name currently escapes me annoys me a bit. Similar to Ed Gamble.

Also the young woman is about as funny as an exposed haemorrhoid. The rest are good though.

I agree the live banter is much better this series though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Geordie fella, who's name currently escapes me annoys me a bit. Similar to Ed Gamble.

Also the young woman is about as funny as an exposed haemorrhoid. The rest are good though.

Sophie Duker? Feel like she's been decent.

Massive Spanner

I've liked them all. Judy especially has subverted my expectations.

Chris is just super competitive and it shows sometimes, but he's also very good at it, and sausage mixer was great. I liked Gamble too, though.

Ardal is just... lovely. I want him to be my friend.

b82REZ

Sophie Duker? Feel like she's been decent.
I can only remember Ardal and Judi.

I really don't find her in anyway entertaining. I didn't like the older woman at first either but she's really grown on me as the series went on.

b82REZ

I've liked them all. Judy especially has subverted my expectations.

Chris is just super competitive and it shows sometimes, but he's also very good at it, and sausage mixer was great. I liked Gamble too, though.

Ardal is just... lovely. I want him to be my friend.
Judi is brilliant, as is Ardal, in a dopey, daft uncle kind of way.

It may be conformation bias but he's basically just Dougal.

Massive Spanner

Judi is brilliant, as is Ardal, in a dopey, daft uncle kind of way.

It may be conformation bias but he's basically just Dougal.
You think? I actually find he's come across as incredibly intelligent and witty on it. I was expecting another grump like Alan Davies.

b82REZ

You think? I actually find he's come across as incredibly intelligent and witty on it. I was expecting another grump like Alan Davies.
Obviously not as stupid as Dougal and it may just me only really knowing him as Dougal, but he just reminds me of him with the way he acts.

lsd

The Oracle

Oh I was starting to wonder if one of the previous champions was refusing to come back for this mostly Liza as her season was weak and I've always read some comments she wasn't exactly great to have on the show.

Lou Saunders is airways good for chaos and Ed is obviously a taskmaster superfan who understands what's needed to make the show work

hobbers

Shame it's only 1 episode. Doesn't give Lou and Ed the opportunity to get too over competitive.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Definitely Wozniak lense. This season has been by far the best since pre pandemic.

Agree that it's not up there with the very best though. As well as the Acaster series, I'd rate Season 2 above it as well, and think you can make a case for 3, 4, and 5 all being higher too.

lsd

The Oracle
Ardal in that shower curtain has to be one of the all time great taskmaster moments.

What was going thorough his mind :lol:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Could've put 0, just zipped the bag up and won. :lol: :lol:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Great episode. Sophie with a clanger, Chris somehow in with a chance to win.

Judys mind blown with the shows educated game “hacks” as she threw away another show win :lol: she’s been brilliant as the series went on, annoying at first but just really grew on me.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The genuine disappointment on Judy's face actually made me feel sorry for her for a second. The level of competitiveness in this season is very funny to watch

decorativeed

It's really been a classic season so far. Really enjoyed it, and glad to see that it was the circumstances of the previous two seasons that led to it feeling a bit flat and tired.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Judy and especially Sophie looked genuinely gutted at the end when Judy once again screwed up at the death :lol:
I think Sophie tanked it on purpose so that Judi could get more points to seal the win if she was successful.

Alex was brutal saying that if Judi had wrote down 1 or 0 cans, she still would have won.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I think Sophie tanked it on purpose so that Judi could get more points to seal the win if she was successful.

Alex was brutal saying that if Judi had wrote down 1 or 0 cans, she still would have won.
Yup, I think you are right there. As much as we all love the competitiveness in TM, it's also great to see the rest of the cast actively rooting for one of themselves too.

lsd

The Oracle

Yes and in the process let Chris get close to her now for the series win.

lsd

The Oracle
You put an aubergine in my mouth. :lol:

This has been a classic season

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Good series that! Surprised they didn’t tease series 14 at the end.

decorativeed

Yeah, really enjoyed that season. Ardal and Bridget in particular were hilarious, and there were quite a few memorable tasks. Sausage mixer will go down as a classic.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
You put an aubergine in my mouth. :lol:

This has been a classic season

We need to see this unused task….

Great series. Sophie hung on in there! Although Greg had ample opportunity to give wider scoring in the finale, felt a bit of matching scores!

0le

Some good laugh out loud moments for me. A good series overall IMO. Looking forward to next week.

lsd

The Oracle
So chances are they still show the line up for season 14 at the end of next week's special.

Any guesses as to who will be on the next season?

I have seen a lot of rumours around Sarah Millican for one

b82REZ

So chances are they still show the line up for season 14 at the end of next week's special.

Any guesses as to who will be on the next season?

I have seen a lot of rumours around Sarah Millican for one
I hope not, can't stand her.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Although convoluted I liked the bike/duck task due to the fact that there were so many workarounds (moving the arrows was genius and taking the basket off was great too). Feels like some tasks have lacked that imagination sometimes.