Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

lsd

The Oracle
Going by Greg Davies and twitter last night I never realised how confused English people can get by an Irish person saying cert instead of certificate.

It's like they really never heard of it before

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Just finished the show, one of the better seasons.... or series as you weirdly call it.

I didn't know any of the contestants from before, but have seen Chris a couple times.
Surprised when reading through the last few pages that so many of you like Judy, i found her annoying. The other 4 were great, especially Ardal, he's up there with eh... Woznisomething as my favourite of all contestants.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Although convoluted I liked the bike/duck task due to the fact that there were so many workarounds (moving the arrows was genius and taking the basket off was great too). Feels like some tasks have lacked that imagination sometimes.
I wonder if Alex actually tested it beforehand - he was absolutely knackered after each clip.

At the start of the series I thought Chris would be good at the imagination/finding loopholes part with him being such a big fan of the show - and he was at times with the words on the ducks - but in the end others were better with Judi getting Alex to help move the cups for the cup snake and Bridget taking the basket off (though she cocked up the one duck at a time bit).

Really enjoyable series. The series 14 teaser will definitely be after CoC2. At some point they should use the gap between Taskmaster series to air episodes featuring tasks that didn't make the final cut.

Ardal's "The House Queens and Bez" line was great. Criminal that he isn't verified on twitter.

lsd

The Oracle
I wonder if Alex actually tested it beforehand - he was absolutely knackered after each clip.

At the start of the series I thought Chris would be good at the imagination/finding loopholes part with him being such a big fan of the show - and he was at times with the words on the ducks - but in the end others were better with Judi getting Alex to help move the cups for the cup snake and Bridget taking the basket off (though she cocked up the one duck at a time bit).

Really enjoyable series. The series 14 teaser will definitely be after CoC2. At some point they should use the gap between Taskmaster series to air episodes featuring tasks that didn't make the final cut.

Ardal's "The House Queens and Bez" line was great. Criminal that he isn't verified on twitter.

Oh I missed the Bez line I knew he said something about Bridget that makes sense now :lol:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"

Surprisingly few who did the "an the time starts......" and delayed it, like they have done a lot in the other seasons.
Expected atleast Chris to do that.

Robindinho

Just finished it, great series. Wonder what the aubergine task was?! :lol:

One team, one dream, we all scream for the house queens...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yeah, one of the very best Taskmaster series. Hope many more are to come!

I’m trying to think of comedians who have not yet appeared and who I’d like to see:
  • Dara Ó Briain
  • Henning Wehn
  • Dawn French
  • Rob Brydon
Shame Sean Lock never did it.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle

I’m trying to think of comedians who have not yet appeared and who I’d like to see:
  • Dara Ó Briain
  • Henning Wehn
  • Dawn French
  • Rob Brydon

I think Harry Hill might be good but not sure he would do it. Tom Davies could be good too

I wonder if they will ever bring back a previous contestant not a winner there are so many I'd love to see again

I would be surprised if Rhys James and Sarah Millican are not in the next season going by who they are following on Instagram and Twitter recently.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

• Dara Ó Briain
  • Henning Wehn
  • Dawn French
  • Rob Brydon
Richard Ayoade and Tez Illays are my top two... David Mitchell would be in there but he's already said he wouldn't do it.

Someone like Henning Wehn would also be fun I think. Has there ever been a contestant where English has been their second language?

decorativeed

Richard Ayoade and Tez Illays are my top two... David Mitchell would be in there but he's already said he wouldn't do it.

Someone like Henning Wehn would also be fun I think. Has there ever been a contestant where English has been their second language?
I would like that too. I spent an afternoon with him and his dad once. Tez seemed nice enough, but his dad is a big United fan and a lovely guy. Told me he supported United after he tried to go and watch Blackburn (his local team) but was racially abused by their fans. He said when he watched United, the home fans took him under their wing when the opposition fans started to give him shit, and told him he was 'one of us'.

We recorded a podcast, although that story was told to me after recording had ended, annoyingly.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I would like that too. I spent an afternoon with him and his dad once. Tez seemed nice enough, but his dad is a big United fan and a lovely guy. Told me he supported United after he tried to go and watch Blackburn (his local team) but was racially abused by their fans. He said when he watched United, the home fans took him under their wing when the opposition fans started to give him shit, and told him he was 'one of us'.

We recorded a podcast, although that story was told to me after recording had ended, annoyingly.
Cheers for this - I'll give it a listen.

Saw Tez do stand-up last year and he was hilarious - he's also always great value whenever he appears on Fighting Talk, so yeah, I think he'd be great on this.

CallyRed

Line up for next series

Dara O'Briain
Fern Brady
John Kearns
Sarah Millican
Munya Chawawa

CallyRed

I called Dara, the missus said Fern.

Ugh, Millican. She's just awful live.

Can't wait for her to end up being the best one on this though now I've said that! :lol:
I thought the same of Judy Love but I thought she was brilliant

lsd

The Oracle
Slightly nervous as that looks a great line up I just hope it delivers.

Will be interesting to see Dara's approach to the tasks and John Kearns is bound to do some very weird things in his goes.

The only one I haven't really seen is Fern and to be honest on first look I'm gonna like her no matter what she does:D

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll

Next season starting tomorrow. I feel like the format is a bit jaded at this point, but I'm sure I'll still watch it and there'll be some great moments.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Next season starting tomorrow. I feel like the format is a bit jaded at this point, but I'm sure I'll still watch it and there'll be some great moments.
I still think it's great if you have good contestants. Season 13 was definitely up there with the best.

BD

I still think it's great if you have good contestants. Season 13 was definitely up there with the best.
Yeah in fairness, just reminded myself who was in that one, and it was good. Maybe I'm the one who has become old and jaded

lsd

The Oracle

Last season was one of the best.

BD

I was just about to say, I don't think things can be jaded, you're jaded about them.
That may be the case in the fancy Queen's English you presumably learned.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not looking forward to Sarah Millican but happy to be wrong about that.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Not looking forward to Sarah Millican but happy to be wrong about that.
Weird that bertie isn't in here giving out about her. Wonder what's so different about her than other annoying contestants he didn't like such as Judy and Desiree..

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Acting like a right bunch of Woosters in here right now.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That chicken :lol:
Good first episode, this looks like it might be a good line-up.