Television Taskmaster | Taskmaster VR Coming 2024 to Steam and Meta

lsd

The Oracle
She's been more entertaining than Sarah, yeah, but that's a really low bar and she's definitely been the most Kendall-like contestant that I've seen on the show.

And completely agree about Mike Wozniak being robbed. He was the perfect contestant - did well enough to win it but never at the cost of humour or entertainment. It's frustrating when people like that don't win it and so don't return for a Champion of Champions special as they're such great value.

I think the penny might have dropped with Mae last night after the drum task when they reacted to the crowd and wondered are they approaching this wrong.

Sadly all the tasks are done now so the rest of the series will be the same for Mae and won't be good viewing.

It's a thin line between going out to win the show and ending up being very dull.

You can argue Dara was all out to win last season but the difference there was he was just so much smarter than the others but also knew to entertain as well.

Sarah,Mae and Richard didn't seem to grasp that.

Other than that the others are actually good Kiel is doing well as regards what you want in the show ,Ivo and Jenny are very good to watch.

Then Frankie gets it as well and the bonus is he is not afraid to call everyone else out

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think the contestants don’t really offer much new but it’s hard to find variety.

Kiel is basically the Jamali type. Arguing back, etc..

Ivo is the quirky cerebral James Acaster style one.

Jenny the older woman who can’t get about as well as the others.

Mae the one who figures out loopholes in a boring way. Like Sarah Kendall as others said.

Frankie the older guy but I guess his approach and style is a bit different.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think David Correos ruined all other contestants for me.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought Ivo and the bingo task was great. Genuine disgrace though that Mae won the drum task - it was not a single throw by any stretch.
I'm sure they stopped to put on a hat halfway through as well. :lol:
Ivo going to the caravan was brilliant.

lsd

The Oracle
Mae basically just played the drums. May as well have just used a drumstick

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, if someone 'never once' finds any of the first 7 series of the show entertainment or funny then it's probably never going to be a show for them. As that was the peak.

But it's each to their own, and there's plenty of popular shows that I don't really 'get' either. But I really love Taskmaster.
I actually haven't watched the last few seasons because I save them to binge with my brother when he comes back to Manchester to visit from Korea. Since he's not visited for a few years now as the whole Covid thing messed up his plans, I've got a lot of seasons to catch up on.

I think the last season I watched was the last one on Dave so I haven't really seen any of the C4 stuff.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The egg race one was kinda nice for creativity - don't see as much of that in tasks. Knew the egg would fall out of Frankie's though - was surprised the thing didn't sink.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I don't really see the comparison with Mae and Sarah Kendall. I think Mae has been considerably more entertaining. I still think Wozniak was robbed in that series, and we're all poorer for not seeing him in Champion of Champions.
Mae is awful on the show. And I’m a fan of their stand up and personality outside of the show.

The drum task win was particularly galling. Loophole wins should be funny as a minimum. May as well have let them bounce it off one, catch it, then smash the drums for an hour.

hobbers

Everyone appreciated Richard Osman's loopholes in series 2 because they were actually clever, not just snivelly cheating.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mae just does things in a boring way. I can’t really explain it. They’re not entertaining.

It’s like if monotone was a person.

lsd

The Oracle
Mae just does things in a boring way. I can’t really explain it. They’re not entertaining.

It’s like if monotone was a person.

Yeah I think it's more their personality in the show. They do come off as dull and just out to beat the team whereas when Richard Osman was doing it he just seemed more willing to make a fool of himself too perhaps

hobbers

Looks like they've given up on trying to be subtle with the points engineering anyway.

This series is a proper dumpster fire

lsd

The Oracle
I've no idea how Alex thought a final task of two people lifting things versus one person would be a good idea let alone have the winning team getting 10 points and the losing team nothing

hobbers

To be fair, the points are usually a joke anyway.

I think this is one of those seasons where the tasks are lacking inspiration and the cast as a group aren't interesting enough to carry the weak ones.
The points should just be a side joke, but now they're engineered so heavily it's starting to make the whole premise of the show seem a waste of time. It's so unnecessary to be scripting who wins.

This season the cast are 60% dull/unlikeable and the tasks 100% boring which is a fatal combination. Mad that there hasn't been a single physical or even slightly active task so far.

What the fecks the point of this new abandoned factory location if they're just gonna stand on a single spot for the entire time in multiple tasks :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Looks like they've given up on trying to be subtle with the points engineering anyway.

This series is a proper dumpster fire
The points are always fixed. They literally decide in production which tasks are going into which episode, and produce the best tv possible.

Almost nobody gives a damn about points on the show anyway. Which is why the Harry Hardouts really grate on viewers.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Mae is the worst thing about it for me. They’re really not funny and the way they approach tasks is irritating.

hobbers

Points do matter, the show format would never have had any success if the tasks weren't judged and scored. Then from that you get running gags at the low scorers and the try hards who cant hide how much they care.

But that worked when most tasks scored themselves. Now that almost all tasks are subjective (and shite) it makes the try hards like Mae look pathetic.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Thing is the tryhards in the past have been funny about it. Like Ed Gamble or Josh Widdicombe. Ian Stirling was the worst offender, but even he had a go at trying to be funny. Mae operates like they are in a proper competition.

Smores

Bar the ridiculousness of the final task thought it was a good episode. The spoons task had me in stitches.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Thought that episode was decent right until the live task - so unfair on Ivo and Frankie. Clear now who is going to win this series.

Frankie and Ivo do make a great team. Would like to see them on another show together.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Did anyone bother to watch the horne corner? Or whatever that spin off show was called again?