Television Taskmaster | Taskmaster VR Coming 2024 to Steam and Meta

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Series 9 lineups announced already.

David Baddiel
Ed Gamble
Katy Wix
Rose Matafeo
Jo Brand

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Whats everyone thought of this series? Not been as good as some previous ones, though I've enjoyed Baddiel and Rose... Jo Brand's been a bit meh though.

Alex Horne/Greg Davies are always good value too... Alex Horne is on Richard Osman's House of Games this week by the way if anyone's interested.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I like it.

Baddiel is so bad at every task and it's hilarious. I was almost in tears at him trying to get the ball into the bin.

Like Ed Gamble and Rose too, not so much Jo Brand and that Katie one.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I like it.

Baddiel is so bad at every task and it's hilarious. I was almost in tears at him trying to get the ball into the bin.

Yeah I don't really get Katie Wick... I know she's going for the whole quirky thing but doesn't really work for me.

Rose is very good though... the way her and Ed go full pelt into team tasks is great

Member 39557

I like it.

I thought Baddiel was an intelligent bloke until I saw this. He must be trying to be this shit on purpose, surely?

lsd

The Oracle
Its been one of the best seasons especially after the last one being so poor they have really gotten back on track

lsd

The Oracle
Yeah I don't really get Katie Wick... I know she's going for the whole quirky thing but doesn't really work for me.

Rose is very good though... the way her and Ed go full pelt into team tasks is great

James Acaster was batting out of his league when he was dating Rose she is amazing

prateik

I really like this show..

Hope the show doesnt change much.. Jimmy Carr will make an appearance now I suppose.

Guessing the change will mean the new series might get pushed back a bit.. Its usually around May

NinjaFletch

Presumably no 'Champion of Champions' show for the seasons 6-10 now though. Bit of a shame.

Oh and All4 is absolute garbage.

sparx99

Please don’t change anything! This show is perfect as it is. I’ve had my biggest laughs of the last couple years watching this show!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Well I know they've tried to get Richard Ayoade in the past but he's been too busy. Now he's no longer doing Travel Man, there might be an opportunity there.

Presumably no 'Champion of Champions' show for the seasons 6-10 now though. Bit of a shame.

Oh and All4 is absolute garbage.
I don't see why not. Most of the participants are tied up to production company: http://avalonuk.com/all-clients/

Mention of show winners below (click to see):
Godliman and Tarbuck aren't signed to Avalon but Gamble and Sanders are. As long as Godliman and Tarbuck aren't contracted to Dave things should be fine.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo /Vader

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Well I know they've tried to get Richard Ayoade in the past but he's been too busy. Now he's no longer doing Travel Man, there might be an opportunity there.

I don't see why not. Most of the participants are tied up to production company: http://avalonuk.com/all-clients/

Godliman and Tarbuck aren't signed to Avalon but Gamble and Sanders are. As long as Godliman and Tarbuck aren't contracted to Dave things should be fine.
Would love to have Richard Ayoade

My worry is that C4 will get some of those idiots they've had on their own comedy panel shows like Joey Essex just for the laugh with the common watcher.

I'd love if they got Danny Dyer, though.

lsd

The Oracle
Would love to have Richard Ayoade

My worry is that C4 will get some of those idiots they've had on their own comedy panel shows like Joey Essex just for the laugh with the common watcher.

I'd love if they got Danny Dyer, though.

Thats my worry and especially if fecking danny dyer gets on it .

However the show is Alex's baby and i trust him not to ruin it or allow channel 4 to ruin it

Annihilate Now!

Scout

Ayoade would be ace - him and David Mitchell are the two that I most want to see on TaskMaster.

Ivo Graham should be on it at some point - he's a more realistic get too.

lsd

The Oracle
Its not a show which needs huge stars to succeed . Some of the best contestants have hardly been household names .

Ed Gamble ,James Acaster , Rose Matefeo,Sally Philips ,Doc Brown etc .

My fear now is Channel 4 will insist on what they consider big names and Stars they have under contract so we dnd up with Jimmy Carr ,Russel Brand and some reality twats theyare tyring to push

b82REZ

Being on 4 will inevitably bring Jimmy Carr to it. I hope they don't start adding TV personalities instead of comedians.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Discovered this show recently and it’s so good. I started with season 4 and now I’m halfway through 6.

lsd

The Oracle
Last season was amazing but i am still worried moving to channel four will result in Four forcing their stars onto the show now

Amarsdd

found this a couple of months back and basically binged them all through the holidays. I esp. loved the seasons with Bob Mortimer, Mel Giedroyc and Kerry Godliman.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Last season was amazing but i am still worried moving to channel four will result in Four forcing their stars onto the show now
Even if they did I don't think it would ruin the show. The format is such that it can be entertaining regardless of who is on it.

hobbers

To be fair moving to Channel 4 might improve chances of getting Ayoade and/or David Mitchell who are the two I think practically everyone who's ever seen Taskmaster wants to see take part.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a33388948/taskmaster-alex-horne-lineup-series-10/

"We promised that we wouldn't change the show at all when we moved to Channel 4, except now we are because we're not allowed an audience, so it's completely different," he reflected.

Concerning the big names involved with the new series, Alex said: "I can't say the names of the contestants, I'm really sorry, but they're all good.

"Everyone's saying, 'It's Channel 4, so is it Jimmy Carr... etc?' I don't think they're your atypical Channel 4 names – I think everyone will be pleased."

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Does that mean they've managed to film all the tasks then? I was wondering if they'd had time to do that before everything went down.

Will be a bit shit without an audience for the shows. Also I guess they'll need to come up with socially distant final tasks on the stage.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Does that mean they've managed to film all the tasks then? I was wondering if they'd had time to do that before everything went down.

Will be a bit shit without an audience for the shows. Also I guess they'll need to come up with socially distant final tasks on the stage.
Is there still a full lockdown in the UK? If not, they could definitely have managed to film the tasks. The group tasks might be difficult, though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Love the show, but I'd rather they wait until they can have an audience. The audience adds a lot to the show, imo. Especially during the live tasks on stage.

lsd

The Oracle
If they have Rachel Reilly,anyone from Goggle box or Big Brother or Davina McCall then I'm out and they can rotate in he'll