Television Taskmaster | Taskmaster VR Coming 2024 to Steam and Meta

decorativeed

Wait what? You need to go back and watch it immediately...it'll go down as probably the single best moment in TM history, even over Joe Wilkinson and the potato :lol:
My favourite is probably when Rod Gilbert hid in Greg's wardrobe overnight. :lol:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Someone did a season 1-10 best bits list and had Rhod in the wardrobe as 1 and Joe and the potato as 2.
Thought the team task where he just shut the garage door was funnier myself. :lol:

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
The Acaster rage it brought on was brilliant. Shame they edited out the argument the two had about the satsuma in the sock, that was incredible.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Thought the team task where he just shut the garage door was funnier myself. :lol:
That was in there somewhere.

I do think Joe and the potato as, I think, the first task, of the first episode of season 2 (which is the first "proper" season), was just perfect Taskmaster and encapsulated so much about the show in one moment.

0le

Rhod Gilbert was brilliant on the show. His series about work experiences as well as his documentaries are also good watches.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
BTW if anyone didn't already think Daisy May Cooper wasn't just some loudmouth unfunny twat who happens to have been given the gig, do yourself a favour and don't watch Buzzcocks...she's absolutely ridiculously unfunny and vile on that, the worst thing about it by far and the bar is already very low. She literally stand up and leans forward with the widest possible mouth at every gag, it's actually gross.

In fact, don't watch it at all. Greg is playing it safe and Fielding really shouldn't be there again, as even he can't carry it.

decorativeed

BTW if anyone didn't already think Daisy May Cooper wasn't just some loudmouth unfunny twat who happens to have been given the gig, do yourself a favour and don't watch Buzzcocks...she's absolutely ridiculously unfunny and vile on that, the worst thing about it by far and the bar is already very low. She literally stand up and leans forward with the widest possible mouth at every gag, it's actually gross.

In fact, don't watch it at all. Greg is playing it safe and Fielding really shouldn't be there again, as even he can't carry it.
You not a fan of This Country then? I thought it was great.

decorativeed

What a bizarre leap. No, it's actually option A) Never seen it.

That doesn't change the fact she's absolutely appalling on Buzzcocks after being barely tolerable on TM.
It's not a bizarre leap, given Cooper wrote and starred in it. I've not seen Buzzcocks as I don't have Sky.

Redlambs

It's not a bizarre leap, given Cooper wrote and starred in it. I've not seen Buzzcocks as I don't have Sky.
Yes it is. You completely ignored the possibility I hadn't even seen it, to then adding you opinion that it was great. A normal response would have been to ask me, then point out how good it/she was and maybe recommend it rather than jumping straight to the "Oh I guess you didn't like it, because I did!" assumption.

Anyway, that may be the case and if I do watch that then I hope I like it too, but she was unfunny on TM and is completely shambolic on Buzzcocks. Two shows where she doesn't read lines and have to act (well the latter obviously has some lines I guess). Watch the second episode and tell me it's not embarrassing, even the dumb little anecdote she clearly thinks is funny and yet even Greg swiftly moves on from with the relevance jibe. And don't get me wrong, I used to love Buzzcocks and this reboot was never going to be even remotely close, but my god she stinks it up good and proper. Jamali does too, but at least he isn't standing up and guffawing mouth wide open at every little joke.

decorativeed

Yes it is. You completely ignored the possibility I hadn't even seen it, to then adding you opinion that it was great. A normal response would have been to ask me, then point out how good it/she was and maybe recommend it rather than jumping straight to the "Oh I guess you didn't like it, because I did!" assumption.

Anyway, that may be the case and if I do watch that then I hope I like it too, but she was unfunny on TM and is completely shambolic on Buzzcocks. Two shows where she doesn't read lines and have to act (well the latter obviously has some lines I guess). Watch the second episode and tell me it's not embarrassing, even the dumb little anecdote she clearly thinks is funny and yet even Greg swiftly moves on from with the relevance jibe. And don't get me wrong, I used to love Buzzcocks and this reboot was never going to be even remotely close, but my god she stinks it up good and proper. Jamali does too, but at least he isn't standing up and guffawing mouth wide open at every little joke.
I think you've taken my lazy short-hand way of asking whether you'd seen it and recommending it in a totally different way than I was intending. I suppose I shouldn't have been trying to read this thread while streaming the match!

Redlambs

I think you've taken my lazy short-hand way of asking whether you'd seen it and recommending it in a totally different way than I was intending. I suppose I shouldn't have been trying to read this thread while streaming the match!
:lol: Yup!

Just take my advice and don't bother with Buzzcocks. It's just not good at all :(

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Just started season 12, how's this Desiree Burch lady?
Any good?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Had the pleasure of meeting Desiree Burch at a charity do once. She was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY quiet.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Cheers! I'll definitely turn it up then!

lsd

The Oracle
The one episode I will ever watch was abysmal.

I think it's ok certainly passes the time and better to have Greg Davies instead of that unfunny Simon guy.

Started to watch the outsiders on Dave presented by David Mitchell and has very strong Taskmaster vibes

decorativeed

I think it's ok certainly passes the time and better to have Greg Davies instead of that unfunny Simon guy.

Started to watch the outsiders on Dave presented by David Mitchell and has very strong Taskmaster vibes
I thought Simon Amstell was great as the host. I miss Sean Hughes too. He came into my work one day, not long before he died.

And while I like Greg Davies, he is at risk of being over-exposed on TV at the moment.

Redlambs

I thought Simon Amstell was great as the host. I miss Sean Hughes too. He came into my work one day, not long before he died.

And while I like Greg Davies, he is at risk of being over-exposed on TV at the moment.
Yeah Amstell was great, though towards the end he went a bit weird. Davies is over exposed I agree, and on this he's not particularly funny reading from an autocue. Maybe he'll grow into it.

Doesn't help Jamil and Daisy have been awful though.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Davies is better agreed.

lsd

The Oracle
If anything she's a bit too quiet.

I think people had this expectation before they saw her for some reason. She has been fine in my opinion and certainly no louder than anyone else.

diarm

The two I knew the least about going in, have been my favourites so far this season. Gus and Morgana have been excellent!