Television Taskmaster | Taskmaster VR Coming 2024 to Steam and Meta

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
For a nice NZ crossover, Paul Williams is the guest on the Taskmaster Podcast for yesterdays episode.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The two I knew the least about going in, have been my favourites so far this season. Gus and Morgana have been excellent!
I agree. The space hopper falling down was probably predictable but got the greatest laugh out of me from the series so far.

Hanging it up or popping it were definitely the best methods.

Loved the food task as well. Thought there'd be no advantage from the blending method but she ate from the remnants of the bags, got a few of the ingredients and still got Alex to eat a spoonful.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Just finished the two New Zealand seasons and both were brilliant. The taskmaster is a bit too flat, but both seasons are up there among the best taskmaster seasons for me.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Episode 2 was brilliant. I bloody love Guz Khan...but its a good lineup all around this season.

0le

Popping the space hopper was ingenious. I was surprised she did not then just get some tray and "dip" it into the tray of paint. Either way, very clever!

Last edited:

prateik

Finally saw the 1st episode.. great start.

Last edited:

decorativeed

David Mitchell is on Richard Herring's podcast this week, and has revealed that he's been asked to do Taskmaster, but declined. Basically because he imagines he'll be shit at it.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
David Mitchell is on Richard Herring's podcast this week, and has revealed that he's been asked to do Taskmaster, but declined. Basically because he imagines he'll be shit at it.
That's where a lot of the fun is!

NotThatSoph

Not that anyone would want me near the set in any capacity, but I'd refuse because of all the annoying arts and crafts bullshit. Literally my worst nightmare.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Not that anyone would want me near the set in any capacity, but I'd refuse because of all the annoying arts and crafts bullshit. Literally my worst nightmare.
I would struggle with the tasks that ask for things like a dance or to sing something. My worst nightmare. The tasks where I can wreck shit up would be good. I think I’d be like rhod Gilbert and get Alex naked a lot and just be all round insane.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The copying task was a bit crap. Wasn’t particularly enamoured with any of them really. The bridge one has kind of been done before, or similar. The film on the wellies thing is also just a rehashed make a movie style of task.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Shouted her way to the top, disgusting.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal

Nominated for whatever these awards are. Greg Davies, Alex Horne, Mike Wozniak and Daisy May Cooper. Daisy May feels like an odd one out, I don’t remember her being all that funny on the show.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
The Norwegian version is pretty good, some comments on there likes it better than the NZ version because the taskmaster is better.
Personally i do too, but i also like the NZ one a lot.

Here's S1E1with subtitles, if anyone wants something to look at while waiting for the next British one :)

sebsheep

Didn't think the episode was going that well and then the team task came along. :lol:

prateik

Havent seen the latest episode.. but going by the first 3 episodes, this season is going to be fantastic.

everyone is great.

sebsheep

I don't get this at all. I have not seen anything so far to suggest she is any louder than anyone else on the show.

How has she been loud ?
If anything she's been too quiet.

lsd

The Oracle
If anything she's been too quiet.

I think people have this pre concieved notion about her and it simply has not been true at all.

On a side note I think it's obvious Morgana has watched the show for years and is trying to do things different to what is expected and being punished for it for some reason in the marking

Player Red

I have found this season a massive improvement on the last. Stopped watching half-way through the previous season as I found it so dull.

Player Red

Last season was one of, if not the best.
I just found Sarah and Charlotte to be so dull, painfully so. Lee Mack was average, Jamali pretty annoying but grew on me. Mike was the only highlight as far as I was concerned, held the whole thing together.

b82REZ

I just found Sarah and Charlotte to be so dull, painfully so. Lee Mack was average, Jamali pretty annoying but grew on me. Mike was the only highlight as far as I was concerned, held the whole thing together.
I'd happily watch Wozniak on his own. Agree about Sarah, but the rest were good. I think a lot of people rate last season highly. The worse was the Joe Thomas one. Dull as feck that year.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I thought it'd switched over to Godzilla Vs Kong when Desiree's babylons almost spilled out of her top.

Trequarista10

Surprised not even 1 comment tonight, have people lost interest?

It's the first series for a while where I've really liked all of the contestants. A few of the tasks tonight were a bit shit though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

It's the first series for a while where I've really liked all of the contestants. A few of the tasks tonight were a bit shit though.
I haven’t found the time to watch it live recently but I do on catch up at some point.

lsd

The Oracle
That final task was amazing i would watch that for real if it becomes a sport. The suspense was unreal.

The final tasks have been consistently good this season. Victoria is very much my favourite but they have all been really good

sebsheep

Watched it a bit late. Pretty good episode I think, watching the team of 3 in the team task followed by the team of 2 was funny, as were Desiree and Victoria on the football one and Morgana with the cake one. :lol:
Enjoyed that last task, the slowmo and music made it feel intense.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
But Desiree prevented Alex from scoring by scoring herself... I'm really disappointed that her own goal didn't count!

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Thought it was a really good episode. You can definitely understand the logical thought process Desiree went through to decide that cling film would stop the ball, but common sense didn't kick in at any point. My son also particularly enjoyed the bit where Guz sat on his homemade cake and stood up, saying it looked like he had crapped himself. The Morgana arse shots were a little gratuitous though

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'd have tied the ball to myself somehow, or just gone in goal.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
You could presumably also cut open the ball like Morgana did with the smaller ones in the other task.