Television Taskmaster | Taskmaster VR Coming 2024 to Steam and Meta

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Or tied Alex to something, or his legs together, etc...

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah a long string that I yank every time he shoots.
Would be pretty hard to make sure the ball didnt roll within 12 yards of you even if the string was 50 yards long

Popping the ball and then going in goal seemed the most obvious option to me.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yeah a long string that I yank every time he shoots.
Now that is some out of the box thinking! Although I'm not sure how it would work.

Popping the ball and then going in goal seemed the most obvious option to me.
Nice one! I'm surprised that Morgana didn't do it as she has been popping different balls all season.

By the way, the Rhod Gilbert's way of simply tying Alex up would probably work wonders as well :lol:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I'd have just stood in goal, saved his first shot (hopefully) and then kicked the ball over the wall after I save it.

Smores

Yeah i don't really get why Guz clocked he could move it but then moved it quite close. He could have got a passing car to take the ball and then Alex wouldn't have ever found it.

I thought there were lots of obvious solutions to that one.

lsd

The Oracle
Yeah i don't really get why Guz clocked he could move it but then moved it quite close. He could have got a passing car to take the ball and then Alex wouldn't have ever found it.

I thought there were lots of obvious solutions to that one.

I was surprised Alex hadn't thought of that and had an extra spot in his pocket

macheda14

Thought it was a really good episode. You can definitely understand the logical thought process Desiree went through to decide that cling film would stop the ball, but common sense didn't kick in at any point. My son also particularly enjoyed the bit where Guz sat on his homemade cake and stood up, saying it looked like he had crapped himself. The Morgana arse shots were a little gratuitous though
As Greg said, there’s a market for that video somewhere on the internet.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Surprised not even 1 comment tonight, have people lost interest?

It's the first series for a while where I've really liked all of the contestants. A few of the tasks tonight were a bit shit though.
I never watch it live.

Enjoyed the live task and the task in the adverts was pretty good. Was disappointed there weren't any in the second or third ad breaks.

For those who missed:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I never watch it live.

Enjoyed the live task and the task in the adverts was pretty good. Was disappointed there weren't any in the second or third ad breaks.

For those who missed:

Oh I missed that, that's pretty good. Desiree only finding out who was the teacher at the end. :lol:

harms

Staff
I never watch it live.

For those who missed:

:lol:
Do they do those often?

Damien

Staff
:lol:
Do they do those often?
One time only thing - think it was because it was the 100th episode.

Does make me think (especially following Alex being involved in the team task) that if possible it'd be awesome if they could get past contestants involved on the team of 2 in team tasks to make things fairer - if any past contestants are available and Al Murray seems like he's around all the time.

0le

I like all the contestants but there there is no "stand out" contestant, like Wozniak in the previous series. I also think the tasks have been weaker and there has been less interesting lateral thinking. Not a terrible series for me so far, but bang average.

lsd

The Oracle
I think Victoria has been my favourite this series and the scene of her learning to ride a bicycle for the first time was the highlight of the season.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I'm surprised at some of the comments here, I thought it was a brilliant episode. One of the best ever maybe.
I agree. Alex trying desperately not to laugh whilst in the room with Desiree was a particular highlight. Also thought her exasperated "feck me in the face" after yet more waffle from Guz was hilarious - especially in contrast to Victoria and Alan.

sebsheep

Good episode I thought. Great prize task result, Victoria's for Alan. :lol:
Was hoping for someone to really go for it with the iron task, full on zip-line from the gates sort of thing.
Morgana figuring out the trick to the red chair task but then forgetting the actual task was brilliant. :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The red chair task was a bit crap but I liked it otherwise.

Really solid set of contestants this series though. I like them all which is pretty rare. Don't think that's happened since season 7 maybe. It's a shame they had to film the studio bits during restrictions.

Damien

Staff
Morgana figuring out the trick to the red chair task but then forgetting the actual task was brilliant. :lol:
I thought Alan(?) had figured it out when he had kinda dragged the circles slightly at some point on the way to the tower but he carried on. Thought that task was a bit weak though but saved by the "there can't be a chair in that sweet" quote. Nonetheless, Victoria should have been disqualified for not actually getting the chair in.

The chemistry between all the contestants this series is great. VCM getting that voucher - and genuinely thinking Alan would love it - was amazing.

Live task was rubbish, and I guessed what it was from the first bit with the picking the pieces of paper and seeing the tub on the floor. My throwing is atrocious so would definitely have gone for as few sheets as possible.

sebsheep

I thought Alan(?) had figured it out when he had kinda dragged the circles slightly at some point on the way to the tower but he carried on. Thought that task was a bit weak though but saved by the "there can't be a chair in that sweet" quote. Nonetheless, Victoria should have been disqualified for not actually getting the chair in.

The chemistry between all the contestants this series is great. VCM getting that voucher - and genuinely thinking Alan would love it - was amazing.

Live task was rubbish, and I guessed what it was from the first bit with the picking the pieces of paper and seeing the tub on the floor. My throwing is atrocious so would definitely have gone for as few sheets as possible.
Yeah, I like this set of contestants and the way they fit together really enhances a series for me.

The chair task might have worked better with more things to remember increasing the chances of mistakes, it's always funny to see someone spend about 30 minutes doing something that should take about 2.

prateik

Watching episode 6.. Victoria's prize for Alan is hilarious..

Ibi Dreams

I like all the contestants but there there is no "stand out" contestant, like Wozniak in the previous series. I also think the tasks have been weaker and there has been less interesting lateral thinking. Not a terrible series for me so far, but bang average.
Pretty poor series for me. Hardly any creative or clever ways to do the tasks, lots of the time they're all doing it in basically the same way.

Not entirely their fault either, for some reason they seem to have started adding more and more rules to each task. It makes it so much worse when they don't allow room for interpretation or bending the rules

lsd

The Oracle
Apparently the next season is already filming I wonder who will be on it.

I've heard names like Tom Davies and Harry Hill mentioned but they keep these things shrouded in secrecy.

I would love to see someone like David Mitchell or Richard Ayoade taking part in the show as they would constantly look for loopholes to wind Alex up

harms

Staff
I've heard names like Tom Davies and Harry Hill mentioned but they keep these things shrouded in secrecy.
Not the most inspiring choices :(
Although they won't be the first contestants to prove me wrong on their entertainment value I guess.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Pretty poor series for me. Hardly any creative or clever ways to do the tasks, lots of the time they're all doing it in basically the same way.

Not entirely their fault either, for some reason they seem to have started adding more and more rules to each task. It makes it so much worse when they don't allow room for interpretation or bending the rules
I think NZ taskmaster has absolutely nailed new /inventive and funny tasks, think Alex should steal a few of there's.

Bertie Wooster

I wonder if Bertie's opinion of Desiree has changed.
Yes and no.

I haven't 'changed my opinion' in terms of how I previously found on her on some other shows over the years - which is what I was basing my negative expectations on prior to this series of Taskmaster beginning. But, yeah, she's been a lot better on Taskmaster than I expected. And no louder than Morgana and Guz - who I was unaware of before this so didn't know what to expect from them.

I'm enjoying the series - especially Victoria, who I've long wanted to be on the show and who certainly isn't disappointing. :)