Music Taylor Swift

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I think we should both quietly leave the room and leave them to it.
I’ve just suffered the same thing. With the sheer amount of pisstaking on the caf it’s inconceivable that this thread is actually serious

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'm obviously exaggerating for effect but I'm honestly a fan of hers and have enjoyed both her albums this year, especially folklore. Wonderfully produced, nice folk/indie sounds, good collaborations... It's my favourite album this year with Bob Dylan's latest effort.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
And I never thought a few years ago that I'd be speaking about Taylor Swift and Bob Dylan in the same sentence in this way. 2020, eh.

fergieisold

And I never thought a few years ago that I'd be speaking about Taylor Swift and Bob Dylan in the same sentence in this way. 2020, eh.
I'm surprised myself. Not sure which album I like more! This thread needs some videos. This was the one that made me actually bother researching the credits for the album because this is at the Nationals studio.

If anyone wants a treat Disney + have her performing the entirety of folklore live at the long pond.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I'm obviously exaggerating for effect but I'm honestly a fan of hers and have enjoyed both her albums this year, especially folklore. Wonderfully produced, nice folk/indie sounds, good collaborations... It's my favourite album this year with Bob Dylan's latest effort.
Big words there dude talking TS along with BD! And I'm only mildly pulling peoples leg, no judgement at all.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Same. But if she’s good, she’s good. So who cares?

Acole9

Outstanding
I listened to the latest album last night, it's good but a bit long and loses its way over halfway through for me.

Interesting departure from the bubble gum pop though.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I'm surprised myself. Not sure which album I like more! This thread needs some videos. This was the one that made me actually bother researching the credits for the album because this is at the Nationals studio.

If anyone wants a treat Disney + have her performing the entirety of folklore live at the long pond.

I still need to watch this! My dad said it’s fantastic

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
She’s always been a great songwriter and storyteller just often channeled into a style that many people struggle to take seriously. But even at her most bubblegum pop the songs were still quality.

All Too Well is probably her best tbh

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
God I fecking love this woman.

think I enjoyed Evermore more than Folklore. Gold Rush/Marjorie/Long Story Short are probably my favourite tracks off the album.

InfiniteBoredom

I don’t mind her, her voice isn’t the best but by current standard an excellent live performer and she’s clearly a good songwriter, even if it’s not particularly interesting sometimes listening to her romantic experiences just like Adele with her ex. Can’t argue against the track record though, every album has been a hit for a decade.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
She's a genuinely excellent songwriter and at least 3 or 4 songs off Folklore are among my favourite songs of the year. I especially love August and The Last Great American Dynasty.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
What the feck? Is this meant to be good? Genuine question as I haven't heard it but my mate was raving about it too...

I've heard some of her songs (shake it off, blank space, Never getting back together) and they're God awful... Has she turned good?

Although with all that said, I do like her song 'Style'.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
What the feck? Is this meant to be good? Genuine question as I haven't heard it but my mate was raving about it too...

I've heard some of her songs (shake it off, blank space, Never getting back together) and they're God awful... Has she turned good?

I’m biased but she’s always been good. That being said, those singles you mentioned were all picked to be singles because of how palatable they are to a mass audience. She’s got great tracks on all her albums if you have a look past the singles.

Her two most recent albums are worth a listen if you don’t like her Pop stuff. They’re very different to what she’s done before.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

The majority of the songs on the two albums she released this year were co-written with Aaron Dessner from The National, so they lean in a more indie-folk direction and attracted more attention from indie-orientated fans and outlets than they usually would.

The below gives an idea of the vibe.

Zen

The Man was a proper belter, come on now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I want to judge everyone in this thread but as a Miley Cyrus fan I totally get it.

Zen

Yeah, she really isn't shocking at all. And never really has been either. But some are just set in their ways, she's evolved amazingly... I mean I personally don't like everything, but I can massively appreciate the evolution over the past 4-5 years. Very similar to Beyonce, but as a singular artist, I'd say Swift is slightly superior... but the Jay-Z marriage has certainly helped Beyonce attract higher glory in other ways.

Anything I've watched where she gets to talk or interview, she's quite insightful too.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Just listened to Madonna's "Frozen" and it blows all of today's pop music out of the water. Swift can't touch Madonna.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Just listened to Madonna's "Frozen" and it blows all of today's pop music out of the water. Swift can't touch Madonna.
Why the comparison? Messi is better than Bruno and i can still enjoy watching Bruno play.

Gordon S

It was weird reading this thread, thought the rave reviews were some kind of low key jokes. I mean she is a good singer/songwriter but not THAT good. Then i read Aaron is behind it, and it all made sense before i even listened.
Sounded even more like The National then i expected tbh, a bit more stripped down than their usual sound but it worked really well with her songs/vocals. No surprise Matts vocals sounded great as well on Coney island.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I heard a few songs after seeing the raving here. It's not bad but I'm not seeing the exceptional songwriting/talent.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...st-joke-about-her-love-life-ginny-and-georgia

Has anyone seen the show in question, is the context different? Or is my dumb man brain just not seeing how this is sexist? It's embarrassing, sure, for Taylor Swift. But claiming it to be sexist just seems like she's rallying the troops to cover up her embarrassment for being singled out as that artist who writes a lot of songs about break ups.

El General 1994

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...st-joke-about-her-love-life-ginny-and-georgia

Has anyone seen the show in question, is the context different? Or is my dumb man brain just not seeing how this is sexist? It's embarrassing, sure, for Taylor Swift. But claiming it to be sexist just seems like she's rallying the troops to cover up her embarrassment for being singled out as that artist who writes a lot of songs about break ups.
You've nailed it. Needs to get over it - other celebs have had it much worse.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Taylor Swift said:
Hey Ginny & Georgia, 2010 called and it wants its lazy, deeply sexist joke back.
Irony-detector explodes.

MadMike

I think the rationale is that there's still stigma for women to have many male partners and they easily become the butt of a joke, but that it doesn't happen the other way round.

Although I'm sure Leo Di Caprio who has many times been mocked even in his face, about his many partners, would likely object to that.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I think the rationale is that there's still stigma for women to have many male partners and they easily become the butt of a joke, but that it doesn't happen the other way round.

Although, I'm sure Leo Di Caprio who has many times been mocked even in his face, about his many partners, would likely object to that.
Di Caprio got called out by Gervais about only dating very young women, didn't he? He was in the audience and seemed to take the joke.

Like I said, maybe I'm totally way off because I'm not seeing it from the perspective of a woman. Maybe the tired joke is indicative of the whole "women are easy" trope still being a staple in out society whereas men continue to get high fives for having a revolving door policy.

Probably needs a different perspective than just us lads fecking hate that word knobheads.