Teacher beheaded near Paris after showing cartoons of Prophet Muhammad

Vitro

Have you seen the cartoon they have made against Erdogan? Blatant Islamophobia, insulting and inciting hatred.
Can you please explain your thinking here, specifically the islamophobia part?

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
People who get more worked up about Cartoons about a certain religion than beheadings in the name of the same religion need to check their priorities.

OleBoiii

It's amazing how quickly and successfully some people can be brainwashed into brutally murdering innocent people. What makes this particularly scary is that you can't really blame it on 'war' or 'peer pressure'.

Pagh Wraith

It's amazing how quickly and successfully some people can be brainwashed into brutally murdering innocent people. What makes this particularly scary is that you can't really blame it on 'war' or 'peer pressure'.
When you give up on reason and logic and choose to 'believe' instead then all bets are off. As long as religion is around people will do crazy things in its name.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The details of this particular are horrendous. This is gonna get a lot worse :(

fergieisold

Interesting quote from the mayor of nice. Not sure what it means? ‘This is war’ maybe?

“Enough is enough,” Estrosi said. “It’s time now for France to exonerate itself from the laws of peace in order to definitively wipe out Islamo-fascism from our territory.”

stevoc

This is on the Islamic countries that whipped up a storm following macrons stance against Islamic extremism.
Have to say i agree, when i seen yesterday all those anti France protests around the world i seen this coming.

The Islamic world needs to have a serious think about how not to react so extremely to things.

When the teacher was brutally murdered I thought it might've an opportunity for a lot of people/groups within Islam to enter a process of some self reflection and think about what can be done to stamp out this mindless extremism. But sadly it went the other way now it’s lead to another sickening attack.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Cartoons drawn about prophets raises peoples anger. God is the greatest shouted before murder.

They then say that this is nothing on the religion. That's just delusional.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Not seen it, but regardless, haven't they got a pretty damn good reason to be Islamophobic? :lol:
I understand it's very likely to be human nature to dislike people who have caused misery against your fellow workers. Easier said than done, I admit. However, there's a certain thought instilled into our brains called reasoning. We do not go around hating, disliking or being Islamophobic due to the monstrosity of certain individuals.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I’m not sure what the end game is here. Hundreds of French civilians have died just in the last few years alone. What’s it going to take to stop this?
Crazy.
Presumably the rest of Europe is watching to see how this shakes out as they could be next in line.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Btw. I haven’t seen anything yet wrt to what was so blatant anti Islam about the erdogan cartoon. Did that poster just disappear?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Religious fanatics suck. Can we at least agree on that part?

Saying all religion is bad because of it makes no sense, but saying it has nothing to do with religion makes even less sense if you ask me. Misguided followers of a religion, sure, but religious nonetheless.

Beheadings, feck me.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
This might provoke a French govmnt backlash. What form that takes is a doubt and tbh I’m not sure what the best thing to do is.
If they give in its curtains.
If they lash out more French will die, at least in the short term.
Do they have the stomach to deal with this?

UncleBob

Religious fanatics suck. Can we at least agree on that part?

Saying all religion is bad because of it makes no sense, but saying it has nothing to do with religion makes even less sense if you ask me. Misguided followers of a religion, sure, but religious nonetheless.

Beheadings, feck me.
It makes perfect sense. Religion is mainly about population control.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Former Charlie Hebdo staff member on Islamic fascism and the term islamphobia.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
This is ultimately about a very small minority of Muslims and the ruling elite in France wanting to win this so-called argument of freedom of speech and censorship with the combination of murder, toughness, insensitivity, intolerance, and triumphalism. Basically, both sides are just out to prove my dick is bigger than yours. Sadly, this doesn't end well for anybody.

nimic

something nice
Scout
This is ultimately about a very small minority of Muslims and the ruling elite in France wanting to win this so-called argument of freedom of speech and censorship with the combination of murder, toughness, insensitivity, intolerance, and triumphalism. Basically, both sides are just out to prove my dick is bigger than yours. Sadly, this doesn't end well for anybody.
I think that comparison is a little bit unfair, Sultan. You're comparing fundamentalists who kill innocent people with... what? Bad politicians? This is both-sides-ism worthy of Trump.

Phil

I think you're so far off here and it's surprising to see. There's always a balance to everything in life but one side is certainly showing insensitivity, intolerance and murder. The other isn't.

Also a culture is not defined only by a ruling elite.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Fair enough Sults.
If the French let this one go then what’s the next issue they’ll have to deal with?
It got me thinking about other countries and specifically the UK and how they’d deal with this.
What’s the solution?

Pagh Wraith

This is quite a bad post.

It's not just France either. We've just had an islamic terror attack in Germany in which a Syrian refugee stabbed two tourists (one of them subsequently died), allegedly motivated by homophobia.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Weird, don't recall Erdogan being as verbal on the plight of the Uighurs in China. Even with some reports claiming he has extradited Uighurs back to China. Macron speaking out about a terrorist attack gets a comment.

Nuance is hard in the face of such horrific atrocities but "both siding" a woman being decapitated in a church is borderline insane.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
So they're recruiting vampires now?
You're suggesting the brainwashing is very new and different? Same religion, same texts, same violence as for centuries.
How long as this beheading in the streets of western countries been going on?
Including the occupation of large parts of Europe many centuries ago? Otherwise at least for 15 years allthough not every beheading might have been fully completed.

UncleBob

What :lol:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
You're suggesting the brainwashing is very new and different? Same religion, same texts, same violence as for centuries.

Including the occupation of large parts of Europe many centuries ago? Otherwise at least for 15 years allthough not every beheading might have been fully completed.
:lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
What are the freedom of speech laws in france ? Is hate speech and inciting people also part of freedom of speech or not ?