Team Leaks

IrishRedDevil

15 minutes before Ralf’s first team announcement, Paddy Keogh leaks the team news and says ‘‘same source as always’’.

I just have a feeling that this ongoing leak will really rattle Ralph.

How long will it take for Ralf to wreck it and flush out the rat?

Last edited:

cyberman

15 minutes before Ralph’s first team announcement, Paddy Keogh leaks the team news and says ‘‘same source as always’’.

How long will it take for Ralph to wreck it and flush out the rat?

It’s probably someone in the office. Cant see it being a player or member of staff

MUFromLTU

I thought managers submit their teams 2 hours before game (or 1:30?) and media has access to it (obviously they are not allowed to leak)? It'd be bad if its leaked more than 2h before game - thatd mean its someone from club doing it.

pascell

The leak will more than likely never end, there's too much riding on team selections nowadays.

I mean you could bet if Ronaldo was going to start vs Arsenal Thursday, people will pay the right people a lot of money to know this information.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
15 minutes before is no 'leak'. That's when you officially have to submit the team to the Premier League.

Trequarista10

If its only 15 minutes before public announcement, does it really matter?

The media team posts them at what, 1 hour before, so we can assume they know a good few minutes before to do their graphics. I assume the referees and opposition already know by that point too. Its not like Klopp or Guardiola are madly refreshing twitter to find out what the opposition lineup is.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It’s likely someone from the league or media/broadcast partners, if it was someone from within the team, the leaks would have arrived much earlier than 15 minutes.

PSV

Maybe it's mindgames. Watch Ralf shock the world now and we come out like this:

Maguire
Fred - Bruno - Ronaldo - McTominay
Rashford - Sancho
Lindelof - Telles - De Gea
Dalot​

DickDastardly

Don't get the excitement over this.

It's 15 minutes before the game. Who cares? Opposition team to make last minute tweaks to play us? Doubtful.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Maybe it's mindgames. Watch Ralf shock the world now and we come out like this:

Maguire
Fred - Bruno - Ronaldo - McTominay
Rashford - Sancho
Lindelof - Telles - De Gea
Dalot​
Which is the defence and which is the attack? :nervous:

The Oracle

I reckon the leak happens in the following order...

1) A person officially associated with the club
2) Leaks the team to a person who is not officially associated with the club (friend or family member etc)
3) Friend or family member then passes on the information to the likes of Paddy Keogh

Of course this is just a guess.

If money is involved or any kind of backhander or perks for leaking the team news, then I would guess that it would be a direct source...

1) A person officially associated with the club (unlikely to be a player as won't benefit from a backhander payment)
2) Leaks the information direct to Paddy Keogh

We will never know for sure, but the above guesses are just as valid as posters guessing it could be Jesse Lingard.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
15 minutes before is no 'leak'. That's when you officially have to submit the team to the Premier League.
Don't get the excitement over this.

It's 15 minutes before the game. Who cares? Opposition team to make last minute tweaks to play us? Doubtful.
Just to be clear, it's 15mins before the teams are announced, not 15mins before kick off.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Someone on the match day thread said that the teams are submitted to the media 2 hours before the game but are embargoed.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
15 minutes before Ralph’s first team announcement, Paddy Keogh leaks the team news and says ‘‘same source as always’’.

How long will it take for Ralph to wreck it and flush out the rat?

His source will just be anyone with media credentials to the official PL platforms.

Someone on the match day thread said that the teams are submitted to the media 2 hours before the game but are embargoed.
I’m not sure of the exact timing. It’s not quite two hours before, I don’t think, but the teams are submitted at least 90 minutes in advance to the PL. The media then get access to the team news at least 75 minutes before kick off, so they have 15 minutes to prepare graphics and the like, before the teams are publicly announced 60 minutes before kickoff.

Leaks of this nature happen all the time and will never be squashed. They even moved the deadlines for submitting FPL teams at the start of the gameweek, because team news was regularly being leaked for the first fixture of the week from those with media privileges. There are still accounts on Twitter that do this if you know where to look.

Pavl3n

How could people benefit from the leaked team news? Can you bet on those?
I suppose, even if you could, the bookies would be getting the team sheets at the same time the media are getting them. I think the leaks are only hurting the media outlets and that's about it.

Dante

Average bang
Most likely someone in the press team who sees the lineup on the way to getting it posted to the official United Website/Twitter.

Probably gets a small kickback or a free pint from the journos in question. If there's a more business-related quid pro quo element to it, it might even help to keep the channels open for other PR leaks from the club when necessary.

It's not a good look, but not really the end of the world. Whoever it is is going to be a United fan and wouldn't do it if they thought it would hurt us on the pitch.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ralf. It’s 4 letters.
It's also Rangnick without the silent 'g'

Not 'Ranyick' or 'Ragnick', which seem to be the two popular ways to butcher his name among fans, pundits, journos.

Last edited:

Pavl3n

Ralph Ragnik names Hary Mcguire and Viktor Lindeloff as his CB pairing and Deivid de Gea kept his spot.
His fullbacks were Diego Dallott and Alexander Teves.
In midfield he went with Skot Maktominay and Frederick Rodriguez de Paulo Santoz.
Sanches and Fernandez were his attacking midfielders, while Rushford and Cristian Ronaldo started upfront.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The leak will more than likely never end, there's too much riding on team selections nowadays.

I mean you could bet if Ronaldo was going to start vs Arsenal Thursday, people will pay the right people a lot of money to know this information.
That same Twitter guy was the one who posted the same lineup vs Chelsea before it was officially announced. None would guess that Ronaldo would be dropped in that match.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
That same Twitter guy was the one who posted the same lineup vs Chelsea before it was officially announced. None would guess that Ronaldo would be dropped in that match.
Might be wrong but it seems that he posted that lineup (Chelsea) pretty much exactly 75 minutes before kickoff.

Which - if it's the case - would support the theory proposed above: he doesn't necessarily have any inside source at the club, he just knows someone in the media who sends him the lineup a little while before it's announced by mainstream outlets.

(Clubs have to submit lineups 75 mins before kickoff as per PL rules - and then the journos normally announce them an hour before KO).

UpWithRivers

I just dont get why they do it? What do they get out of it? Cash? They obviously dont get anywhere near enough to make it worth their while even if they are paid. Shts and giggles? What? Even if its a journo and not a staff member why risk your job.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I just dont get why they do it? What do they get out of it? Cash? They obviously dont get anywhere near enough to make it worth their while even if they are paid. Shts and giggles? What? Even if its a journo and not a staff member why risk your job.
Kudos? I imagine if most people here had some soft intel, they would flex it here.

Fantasy football players tend to be interested in the info, especially for the first game before the deadline.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I reckon the leak happens in the following order...

1) A person officially associated with the club
2) Leaks the team to a person who is not officially associated with the club (friend or family member etc)
3) Friend or family member then passes on the information to the likes of Paddy Keogh

Of course this is just a guess.

If money is involved or any kind of backhander or perks for leaking the team news, then I would guess that it would be a direct source...

1) A person officially associated with the club (unlikely to be a player as won't benefit from a backhander payment)
2) Leaks the information direct to Paddy Keogh

We will never know for sure, but the above guesses are just as valid as posters guessing it could be Jesse Lingard.
Jesse Lingard surely could sue anyone making this allegation? It’s a serious matter!

UpWithRivers

Kudos? I imagine if most people here had some soft intel, they would flex it here.

Fantasy football players tend to be interested in the info, especially for the first game before the deadline.
You cant get kudos if no one knows its you leaking it

stu_1992

Ralph Ragnik names Hary Mcguire and Viktor Lindeloff as his CB pairing and Deivid de Gea kept his spot.
His fullbacks were Diego Dallott and Alexander Teves.
In midfield he went with Skot Maktominay and Frederick Rodriguez de Paulo Santoz.
Sanches and Fernandez were his attacking midfielders, while Rushford and Cristian Ronaldo started upfront.
Surprised Jesse Lindegaard didn't get a start.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Yes, used to do similar.

There was someone on red issue who used to get the team news around 90 minutes before kick off going back about 10 years. Think he knew someone who knew someone. I used to jump on another forum and re-post for a bit of attention although I did credit him.

After a little while a well known journalist started tweeting out the team news just after this bloke would post it up every week.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Might be wrong but it seems that he posted that lineup (Chelsea) pretty much exactly 75 minutes before kickoff.

Which - if it's the case - would support the theory proposed above: he doesn't necessarily have any inside source at the club, he just knows someone in the media who sends him the lineup a little while before it's announced by mainstream outlets.

(Clubs have to submit lineups 75 mins before kickoff as per PL rules - and then the journos normally announce them an hour before KO).
As long as it doesn't give advantage to our opposition team then I doubt it matters anyway.