Teams you dislike without having a reason to do so

Denis79

Is it just me or do you also have teams you dislike for no apparent reason? I'm not talking about rivals but teams that maybe had an ugly kit when you were a kid or a annoying childhood friend supported them and now you dislike the team in general.

I can't remember why or when it started but I really dislike the Brazilian national team, I always seem to root for their opponents and I don't know why. Juventus are also on my shit list for no apparent reason.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
If you dislike a team without a reason it's weird. I dislike Burnley a lot because every time we play them they make "challenges" that can end up with our players out injured for a year.

FatTails

England.

Also, another vote for Burnley. I have reasons to dislike them, but I don’t think the reasons justify how much I dislike them.

WakeAndBeek

Reading, Fulham, Watford, Brighton. Something particularly soulless about overly “friendly” southern clubs.

Teja

+1 for Burnley. Extremely irritating club and I'm not exactly sure why I dislike them either.

Probably my mental state when I watch their games.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I don't hate Arsenal but I find it an annoying club, not sure why exactly.

The rest have reasons.

West Ham .... the fans.

Celtic .... obvious.

Liverpool .... ex-players turned pundits, etc etc (I actually find the supporters quite amusing, you get some great banter on RAWK)

Last edited:

Kopral Jono

Celtic and St Pauli I dislike for being cringe despite them not being direct rivals to us. For no apparent reason? Probably Inter Milan, growing up Luis Ronaldo aside and as a keen follower of the Serie A their South American contingent annoyed me to no ends.

I also rather not see Dortmund do well.

Deery

Dreary
Celtic and St Pauli I dislike for being cringe despite them not being direct rivals to us. For no apparent reason? Probably Inter Milan, growing up Luis Ronaldo aside and as a keen follower of the Serie A their South American contingent annoyed me to no ends.

I also rather not see Dortmund do well.
Next you’ll be saying you like Rangers, Bayern and Juventus..

Kopral Jono

Next you’ll be saying you like Rangers, Bayern and Juventus..
Despise Rangers for entirely different reasons and Juventus I don't have a lot of time for. I do have a tiny bit of a soft spot for Bayern, though, they're a proper club and growing up I really liked Hasan Salihamidzic as a footballer.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Norwich. Hate that they’re too good for the Championship and not good enough for the Premier League.

West Brom and Fulham for the same reasons. I find yo yo clubs boring

sokol11

Starting to develop dislike for Villareal in recent years. Was quite sympathetic with them when they started to make waves. But not anymore. Hope our players read this also. :)

Devil77

Is it just me or do you also have teams you dislike for no apparent reason? I'm not talking about rivals but teams that maybe had an ugly kit when you were a kid or a annoying childhood friend supported them and now you dislike the team in general.

I can't remember why or when it started but I really dislike the Brazilian national team, I always seem to root for their opponents and I don't know why. Juventus are also on my shit list for no apparent reason.
Funny! I have always disliked the Brazil NT and later also Barcelona. The reason is a bit vague but I think I find them a little to pretentious and have always liked teams with a fighting spirit rather than sheer talent.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Starting to develop dislike for Villareal in recent years. Was quite sympathetic with them when they started to make waves. But not anymore. Hope our players read this also. :)
We need to rejoin the Super League

Also I hate West Ham

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I can't stand Leicester, no idea why, just do.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If you dislike a team without a reason it's weird. I dislike Burnley a lot because every time we play them they make "challenges" that can end up with our players out injured for a year.
They also have players who go down under the slightest of contact and get free kicks but they never seem to get awarded against them. It's then called "clever play".

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Jesus this is cringe and in dubious tqate

Back to the topic I say dourtmound they have this hollier the thou attitude which I find so grinding
Also their defeatist mentality is the worst and quite pathetic as they seem to perfer being bayerns punching bag then to actually challenge for anything

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That's obviously not real.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
No way that's real. Damn it rooster. I was talking about her tatas obviously. :wenger:

Bole Top

so basically, clubs that I hate even though they aren't really rival clubs. got it.

Arsenal - ridiculously annoying and smug fans given the fact they never win anything and get constant humiliations. especially in 2006-2011 period they were insufferable.

Bayern - because I knew rather annoying guy who couldn't stop talking about how Glazers and other foreign businessmen will destroy football, yet in the same time he thought the state of BL is much healthier. 15 years later, BL is utter joke and is basically feeder system for Bayern. I have no doubts that guy still insists everything is fine with the league.

interesting enough, but I never really hated Italian clubs. don't hate PSG either.

tenpoless

Young Boys FC and not because we lost agaisnt them. Even when were 1-0 up I started to develop this dislike because one of their fans cant stop shouting at the megaphones and he did that all game. To my non swiss ears it sounded like Mussolini propaganda and the rest of their fans followed with a cheer. Absolutely annoying.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Real Madrid and Bayern Munich for obvious reason.

People who hate PSG for obvious recent reasons tend to forget Real Madrid were even worse just ten years ago. I am quite sure they did many shady things investing that much money out of nothing considering they didn't have any success in years before that. Barcelona did it it after their most successful period in history and they are almost on verge of bankruptcy, and Real Madrid did it when no one had that much money and nothing came out of it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Imagine thinking any serious business could possibly post that in 2021.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
People posting their reasons for hating a club are kinda missing the point.
Are they? Maybe. But we all like to say things sometimes. We are not robots following everything to the letter. That is the beauty of it. We are all rebels at heart.

Revaulx

I’ve always had an irrational soft spot for Villa. So it follows that I’ve got an equally irrational passionate hatred for Birmingham City :D

I also tend to take against sides that I feel are being excessively fawned over by journalists and commentators. Brazil at the 1982 World Cup being an example. I suppose the irrational part is still disliking them 39 years later!

Burnley’s an interesting one. They seem to be run with a healthy mix of both ambition and pragmatism (just look at Derby :nono:) and continue to thrive in one of the most economically depressed towns in the UK. Which I think is something to be celebrated. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t sound footballing reasons to dislike them, as already set out by others upthread.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I’ve always had an irrational soft spot for Villa. So it follows that I’ve got an equally irrational passionate hatred for Birmingham City :D

I also tend to take against sides that I feel are being excessively fawned over by journalists and commentators. Brazil at the 1982 World Cup being an example. I suppose the irrational part is still disliking them 39 years later!

Burnley’s an interesting one. They seem to be run with a healthy mix of both ambition and pragmatism (just look at Derby :nono:) and continue to thrive in one of the most economically depressed towns in the UK. Which I think is something to be celebrated. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t sound footballing reasons to dislike them, as already set out by others upthread.
You clearly favour the underdog. A very popular viewpoint.

sugar_kane

I don’t think I hate any club for no reason, perhaps tenuous reasons for the following though:

Southampton - manager seems like a bit of a dick, game raising twats
Spurs - ridiculous sense of entitlement, dirty and snide as well even though they manage to avoid the rep
Newcastle - entitlement again, but on an even more absurd scale
Almost all Bundesliga clubs - tend to have patronising & arrogant owners / fans
Barcelona - I respect their history as a club up to the last ten years or so, during this time turned into a chequebook club while somehow holding onto their mystique. Sense of superiority.
Wolves - boring unambitious shite for years but convinced the world they played good football because they had a manager with a hipster beard
Norwich & West Brom - the turds that won’t flush
Any mid tier La Liga team - always seem to be populated by Scouser and City rejects who play like their life is on the line, fans / social media team like to give it out as well

PL clubs I don’t mind - Brighton, Villa, Palace, Leicester.

I also have a small soft spot for Real and Rangers, partly because their rival neighbours think they’re morally superior when actually they’re not so different.

Revaulx

You clearly favour the underdog. A very popular viewpoint.
Really? I don’t particularly get why you take that from what I posted.

Villa have virtually never been underdog to Birmingham.

If I favoured the underdog, I’d have a soft spot for my local team Oldham Athletic. You can’t get more underdoggy than them right now. Burnley are to be admired for not being satisfied with an underdog role.