Teams you dislike without having a reason to do so

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Wolves, Burnley, Celtic, Sunderland and Bournemouth.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Used to be Villa I had an irrational dislike towards, but the last few years that seems to have mostly gone away.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Really? I don’t particularly get why you take that from what I posted.

Villa have virtually never been underdog to Birmingham.

If I favoured the underdog, I’d have a soft spot for my local team Oldham Athletic. You can’t get more underdoggy than them right now. Burnley are to be admired for not being satisfied with an underdog role.
We can agree to differ. Villa is a fallen maiden, and Birmingham, ....well, they are soldiers looking to take what they can by force.

I have a soft for Burnley also. They relish hanging on by the skin of their teeth and that kind of commitment is nice to watch.

Hester_manc

Aston Villa, Real Madrid, Watford, Fulham

I do not dislike them for no reason, but for a bad reason.

Aston Villa: A former colleague was a fan of Villa. I really did not like this colleague and I have hated Villa ever since.

Real Madrid. From when they called themselves galacticos

Watford: Their ownership

Fulham: Their ownership.

Clubs I hate for a reasonably good reason:
PSG: The ownership and ffp
City: Local rivals, ffp, ownership.
Liverpool: No explanation required.
Brøndby: Fans of all other clubs in Denmark hate them. Many Brøndby fans create trouble.
Leeds: Because they are Leeds.
Chelsea: Their ownership

Last edited:

RoyH1

People who are writing why they dislike a club are totally missing the point of the OP.

In my case it's Blackburn Rovers and Birmingham City. There is no logical reason for me to dislike them but I just don't like them.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Another vote for the Brazilian NT. Coming from a country that hardly ever makes it to the WC, it's always been nauseating to watch all the wank-fest and the drooling over them from the vast majority of people (not just football fans) during every WC. Always people come to me with the classic line "how can you, as an avid football fan, not support Brazil and their natural football talent?", over and over again. Some of them don't even watch 10 games per year... And then, i just wait for Brazil's exit, so that i can rub the "true football has won" in their faces. Nothing against Brazil, beautiful country with lovely people. But at some point, as MJ likes to say... it becomes personal.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Norwich and West Brom. Fed up of their cycle of blowing away the Championship and then stinking up the Premier League. That's about as irrational as my football dislikes get. It's still a reason though, but I have nothing against the club of their fans. Just, like, go away for a bit.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Ajax. Infinitely worse version of Barca (who I dislike for the same reasons). They think they invented football, but they're a bunch of insufferable wankers. Foreigners always think of Ajax as the cute lil underdogs, but they're cnuts. Imagine a barca cnut and Liverpool cnut get a baby. That's Ajax.

As for teams I dislike for no apparent reason. Everton I guess, don't know why but they're kind of bland so I guess that is it.

youmeletsfly

for no reason: Burnley, Spurs, Bayern Munchen

for good reason:
- liverpool - not even interested about them as a club, I just can't stand their fecking lunatic fans; don't think I ever met more than 5 sane lfc supporters
- arsenal - just a good laugh about them
- barcelona - corrupt dogs
- City, Chelsea, Psg - oil dogs

ReddBalls

Young Boys FC and not because we lost agaisnt them. Even when were 1-0 up I started to develop this dislike because one of their fans cant stop shouting at the megaphones and he did that all game. To my non swiss ears it sounded like Mussolini propaganda and the rest of their fans followed with a cheer. Absolutely annoying.
Odd choice of fascist dictator given that Bern is in the German speaking part of Switzerland. But I like it.

Revaulx

We can agree to differ. Villa is a fallen maiden, and Birmingham, ....well, they are soldiers looking to take what they can by force.

I have a soft for Burnley also. They relish hanging on by the skin of their teeth and that kind of commitment is nice to watch.
Maybe I’m older than you. For all that Villa have been atrocious quite often over the years, they’ve won the league and European Cup not that long ago (from my perspective!) and had some cool teams (McGrath etc.) since then. Birmingham have always been shit, though it was fun when they beat Arsenal in the League Cup :)

Villa get a black mark for having knocked down their beautiful old main stand and replaced it with generic crap though.

Josh 76

Burnley (popular choice)
Sunderland
West Ham

no need to say the one other club I hate with a passion. (There are too many reasons)

eire-red

Is it just me or do you also have teams you dislike for no apparent reason? I'm not talking about rivals but teams that maybe had an ugly kit when you were a kid or a annoying childhood friend supported them and now you dislike the team in general.

I can't remember why or when it started but I really dislike the Brazilian national team, I always seem to root for their opponents and I don't know why. Juventus are also on my shit list for no apparent reason.
Brazilian NT is a good one, I enjoyed their 7-1 defeat more than any neutral should. Maybe it's down to Neymar and their whingy attitudes in general?

Think they're always being bigged up too just because of past glories, which makes it even more satisfying when they fall. Having said that, I did like them when they had that generation of Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Kaka etc so not sure either when or why it changed.

George the Cat

All the ‘big’ London clubs bar Spurs. The reason I don’t dislike Spurs is because all the ‘big’ London clubs fans hate Spurs , so they are fine by me.

drdoityourself

Any English team wearing red and white stripes with black shorts.

Preston.

Middlesbrough.

Rotherham.

Fulham, their black, shallow goalnets some years ago made it seem like they were playing without goalnets. I have not forgiven them for that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Surely there’s a reason small or big behind any hatred

Real
Barca
PSG
are all cnuts

Sunderland for celebrating in 2012

West Ham, Chelsea and Millwall fans. Pathetic mentality on a small portion of them.

Arsenal - my father in law makes every excuse under the sun and thinks they are always better than what they are. For example they are finishing top 4 this season :wenger:

Denis79

Brazilian NT is a good one, I enjoyed their 7-1 defeat more than any neutral should. Maybe it's down to Neymar and their whingy attitudes in general?

Think they're always being bigged up too just because of past glories, which makes it even more satisfying when they fall. Having said that, I did like them when they had that generation of Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Kaka etc so not sure either when or why it changed.
Oh I disliked their national team long before that, Neymar's acting just transformed my dislike in to hate :lol: .

Denis79

Surely there’s a reason small or big behind any hatred

Real
Barca
PSG
are all cnuts

Sunderland for celebrating in 2012

West Ham, Chelsea and Millwall fans. Pathetic mentality on a small portion of them.

Arsenal - my father in law makes every excuse under the sun and thinks they are always better than what they are. For example they are finishing top 4 this season :wenger:
I'm sure there is but if the reasons are petty/insignificant you forget with time why you dislike that particular club.

ForeverRed1

Psg - but then we kind of do have a reason because they are everything that is wrong with the modern game.

they are just a trendy team with their Jordan merch and galatico brand.. but they are hollow and play in french league.

souless really.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'm sure there is but if the reasons are petty/insignificant you forget with time why you dislike that particular club.
Yeah that’s fair

I hate Rangers because when I was 10 I decided I needed an old firm team. I was Celtic from then on. Gerrard also helps these days.

Lewnited

Southampton and West Ham, biggest game raisers in the league... Which is technically a reason i guess but oh well!

Hughie77

West ham, and QPR. Never liked them . Dont know why, maybe because west ham always thought they were a big club!! QPR there stupid stripes on kit. Maybe

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
L.A. Galaxy…Feckers…not sure why….but feckers none the less!!

United492

When a commentator says such and such club has very intelligent / knowledgeable fans - I instantly dislike that club, although to be fair, that's normally Martin Tyler talking about Liverpool.

Hate it.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
WBA. Everything about them is depressing. Their kit, their logo, their stadium, stadium name, and the weather everytime you see their game on TV looks gloomy