Teams you dislike without having a reason to do so

Bertie Wooster

A lot of the teams listed here are predictable for the same reason United are wildly disliked by 'neutrals' - because they're the most successful clubs in their countries / continents.

It's not a surprise to see the likes of Brazil, Juventus, Bayern, Real Madrid, PSG, etc, feature heavily in a list of disliked teams - whether they belong in this thread depends on whether being successful is a valid reason to dislike them or falls into the 'without having a reason to do so.'

The teams I consistently dislike are for explainable reasons (to me) - usually rivals of United or one or two other clubs I have a soft spot for.

My more random dislikes are whichever teams are at that time managed by people I hate - usually championship / lower PL clubs managed by the likes of Pulis and Warnock. So I've had spells of growing to really hate the likes of Stoke and Sheffield United, and then suddenly not caring about them one way or the other the second those managers are sacked.

Denis79

Yeah that’s fair

I hate Rangers because when I was 10 I decided I needed an old firm team. I was Celtic from then on. Gerrard also helps these days.
Haha how supporting a club works sometimes.

spaceboyRSA

Ajax. Infinitely worse version of Barca (who I dislike for the same reasons). They think they invented football, but they're a bunch of insufferable wankers. Foreigners always think of Ajax as the cute lil underdogs, but they're cnuts. Imagine a barca cnut and Liverpool cnut get a baby. That's Ajax.

As for teams I dislike for no apparent reason. Everton I guess, don't know why but they're kind of bland so I guess that is it.
I can actually feel your dislike.

Denis79

Ajax. Infinitely worse version of Barca (who I dislike for the same reasons). They think they invented football, but they're a bunch of insufferable wankers. Foreigners always think of Ajax as the cute lil underdogs, but they're cnuts. Imagine a barca cnut and Liverpool cnut get a baby. That's Ajax.

As for teams I dislike for no apparent reason. Everton I guess, don't know why but they're kind of bland so I guess that is it.
:lol: :lol:

Red Stone

Norwich. What a waste of space.
They're my bogey team on FM, so I hate them for a good reason. Well, not a good actual real life reason, I guess. In real life they're sort of just... there.

the chameleon

I used to always have soft spot for Spurs. But after the Poch period, I find their fans (my brother one of them) insufferable. Their fans think are an elite club. It's good that they've been humbled a bit, because some their fans were beginning to get RAWK level delusions.

Schweinsteiger

Any team that just decides to turn up against us. Then play an absolute sh-te game the next week.

common culprits include wolves and Southampton..

Ace

I don’t know if there’s any team I don’t like without some sort of reason. As a blanket statement, I don’t like La Liga teams just because of their antics off the ball and the constant complaints to referees. I feel like there are 10-15 minutes less of actual football played in any match where we play a Spanish side.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
-Betis: I had a friend , big Celta fan and really irritating when talking about football. We were always arguing about Celta-Depor.
Deportivo fans were twinned with Sevilla so he immediately started supporting Betis as well. I guess from that moment I started to dislike them
-Badajoz. It was one of the first matches that I saw live. We lost, I was very cold and my father gave me a scolding because at halftime I went to play football with another friend and disappeared.
-Like many fans in la liga I could name Getafe and Osasuna.
In the case of Getafe, I had a good friend from Leganés (the rival town), I don't like their president and in general they seem like a very artificial team. Probably I have the same feeling about Villarreal.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Newcastle. Birmingham. Sheffield Wednesday.

It's not really a huge dislike as such but I always look up their results in the hope that they're losing.

Last edited:

Ludens the Red

Newcastle

I don’t know why but I just love it (no pun intended) when Newcastle are in disarray. There’s something magical about it.

what I like in particular is Newcastle getting beat at home to some shite team and their fans reacting furiously to it. Like you hear the anger and rage in the ground. It’s so fecking funny. They love Newcastle so much that they just hate everything about it.

acolyte

I would say Burnley, but everyone has reason to dislike them, the Neanderthals.

My unreasonable hatred is for the yo-yo clubs, specifically West Brom and Norwich. Norwich comes up and acts as cannon fodder every time, they're devaluing the competition. And everything about West Brom is just boring as hell, from their kits to their players to their style of play. I'm sick of the sight of these two. To a lesser degree I'm sick of Fulham and Birmingham City too (showing my age). I'd rather see teams that haven't been at this level in a long time like Brentford or Huddersfield.

Amarsdd

Barcelona - I've hated them as long as I can remember for no real reason. Or maybe its because of the amount of Real Madrid tv I used to watch when I was young as it was the only 24/7 football channel on tv.

Winrar

I have irrational dislike for most teams that wear some combination of striped white and one of red/blue/black to varying degrees.

Some examples include: Sheffield Utd, Sunderland, Stoke City, Blackburn, QPR, West Brom, in no particular order.

I'm also randomly adding Wolves to the list because they always give us a difficult time every time we play them, home or away, but I suppose that counts a reason.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
My first choice is Liverpool because so many of their fans are low life scum, but that disqualifies them for this thread.

That leaves me with Arsenal. I detest Arsenal and have enjoyed their struggle for the past 20 something years with great joy. I miss Wenger and his pathetic excuses for endless draws. Although I'm intrigued with the awkward position that Arteda has found himself in

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Bristol Rovers as their fans are all cnuts, also Bristol City for the same reason. Maybe I just have a thing about Bristol.

Chipper

Adulterer.
There's always a reason.

3 crap ones:

Derby County, although I want Rooney to do well with them. I find their kit very boring. Could also throw in Valencia too there I suppose. White-shirted teams struggle in that regard in general, but the white shirt, black short combo is a bad one to me. It's worse than the all-white of Leeds and Real Madrid which isn't far behind. For some reason, and it's not much of a difference at all, the navy shorts that Spurs wear make it work. I also liked a United 2nd/3rd kit with white and navy trim and shorts around 20 years ago.

Brentford - Owned by the same people who own Midtjylland and Midtjylland hiked up ticked prices to £71 when United played them in the Europa League a few season back.

Inter Milan - I suppose I admired AC Milan when I first became aware of them and saw Inter as Milan's version of City as they wore blue.

Last edited:

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Holland NT
Ajax
Barcelona
Okay so you just hate the whole Cruyff thing? I mean with Ajax and Barcelona I can see where you're coming from because I dislike them as well. Why the NT?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Bayern. Hate how easy theey make it look, be it on the pitch, when it come to transfers, or even how easily they replace managers without dropping in quality.

Mr Smith

Starting to develop dislike for Villareal in recent years. Was quite sympathetic with them when they started to make waves. But not anymore. Hope our players read this also. :)
Are those the official club's Twitter? Because this is pretty misogynistic.