TeamViewer looking to review current deal | Snapdragon/Qualcomm will be the new sponsor

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
TeamViewer are just one of many businesses who were artificially inflated in value and revenue generation during the pandemic (see Pelaton, Netflix etc as other examples). They are going through a correction as people move gradually back to office work.

They probably believed their prior revenue numbers that allowed them to afford this sponsorship were sustainable. Clearly the global economic downturn and the over inflated values of tech companies during the pandemic is impacting them now.
Surely you don’t get far enough up the business ladder to sign million pound deals with the likes of Manchester United without knowing this sort of stuff?

Elcabron

TeamViewer are just one of many businesses who were artificially inflated in value and revenue generation during the pandemic (see Pelaton, Netflix etc as other examples). They are going through a correction as people move gradually back to office work.

They probably believed their prior revenue numbers that allowed them to afford this sponsorship were sustainable. Clearly the global economic downturn and the over inflated values of tech companies during the pandemic is impacting them now.
100% correct. This is no surprise.

Good riddance. Hated seeing their shitty name on the kit anyway.

Ronaldo gave them their money's worth and more with his selfish ass all over the net and even NY due to his tantrums.
Great point. Probably highlights the commercial advantages of signing Ronaldo.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Would be devastated if they go. I absolutely love Team Viewer and everything they stand for.
I strongly support their position on logos without shit golden crosses that ruin the shirts.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They sponsor the Mercedes F1 too, that must be expensive. I was quite surprised they sponsored us in the first place.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Surely you don’t get far enough up the business ladder to sign million pound deals with the likes of Manchester United without knowing this sort of stuff?
A week before Musk bought Twitter I would have agreed with you. We live in a different world now.

AndySmith1990

Couldn't give a shit about them beyond the fact their logo looks better on a shirt than chevrolet

Revaulx

Serious question: can anyone explain what their offering can do that Zoom, Teams, Google Meet etc. can’t?

phelans shorts

Serious question: can anyone explain what their offering can do that Zoom, Teams, Google Meet etc. can’t?
Isn’t the whole point that they were vying for the same market space that Zoom have now comprehensively taken?

It is actually quite funny that Teams was so dreadful given that they had such a massive head start after buying Skype, mind.

Revaulx

Isn’t the whole point that they were vying for the same market space that Zoom have now comprehensively taken?

It is actually quite funny that Teams was so dreadful given that they had such a massive head start after buying Skype, mind.
Is Teams dreadful?

I’ve used it and Zoom quite a bit and they seem pretty much of a muchness. The Google one felt a bit rubbish in comparison.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Not sure about this, but TeamViewer has been in the field of remote controlling a computer via another computer way before I ever heard it Zoom, Teams and the likes

phelans shorts

Is Teams dreadful?

I’ve used it and Zoom quite a bit and they seem pretty much of a muchness. The Google one felt a bit rubbish in comparison.
Maybe I’m just very biased against Teams because work uploaded it to all of the machines and now everything runs so incredibly slow that it makes me want to tear my hair out when it autoboots. I avoid using all of them given WFH isn’t a possibility in my field.

Chief123

I’m surprised Teamviewer even get away with charging how much they do. Especially when Google Chrome Remote Desktop offers pretty much the same service for free!

Google have a habit of coming along and destroying services who charge for their product by offering something similar for free.

Chief123

It’s a different product to those. It’s not a conferencing tool like the ones you’ve mentioned.

It’s a remote support tool similar to LogMeIn, Any Desk, Chrome Remote Desktop. It’s designed for individuals and businesses to be able to remotely connect to any other computer either attended or unattended.

Although other chat/conference tools have been offering features such as screen sharing too in recent times.

Revaulx

Teams is excellent
Yeah I think it’s pretty decent. I think I’d put it a bit ahead of Zoom, though that seems ok as well.

I’m hardly a power user of any of them though, and the only time I’ve been an admin was with Zoom, which was straightforward enough.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yeah I think it’s pretty decent. I think I’d put it a bit ahead of Zoom, though that seems ok as well.

I’m hardly a power user of any of them though, and the only time I’ve been an admin was with Zoom, which was straightforward enough.
On a private level, I have no idea. But Teams integration into office on a business level is fantastic

Revaulx

It’s a different product to those. It’s not a conferencing tool like the ones you’ve mentioned.

It’s a remote support tool similar to LogMeIn, Any Desk, Chrome Remote Desktop. It’s designed for individuals and businesses to be able to remotely connect to any other computer either attended or unattended.

Although other chat/conference tools have been offering features such as screen sharing too in recent times.
Ah I get it. Thanks.

So this is why it gets used by tech scammers?

Chief123

Ah I get it. Thanks.

So this is why it gets used by tech scammers?
Yeah it’s a popular tool for scammers as it’s an application that can actually run without needing admin rights. So you can get literally anyone to run it on their machine if they are gullible enough.

Chief123

Teams offers a lot more than zoom. Zoom is solely for presentations and conference video/audio calls. Teams offers a lot of collaboration tools to be used within the business such as chat groups, file sharing, dedicated teams, screen sharing etc.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Teams offers a lot more than zoom. Zoom is solely for presentations and conference video/audio calls. Teams offers a lot of collaboration tools to be used within the business such as chat groups, file sharing, dedicated teams, screen sharing etc.
And the dancing monkey emoji. Essential to any serious business

hp88

It's a remote connection tool which has been around for a few years, we use it for some of devices which don't sit on the network but I don't think it's that widely used.

You don't pick your remote conection tool based on the fact you saw their logo on a Man United kit so the whole deal seemed a bit off from the start, it's makes zero business sense.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I fine it to be a bit crap to be honest, it hates being resized and their emojis are so weird. Mine is constantly pretending I'm not online when I'm on the VPN.
Working for the second company using Teams now, never had any problems. Same for WFH and VPN usage. Never used the other tools for work though, so can't really compare

Withnail

Working for the second company using Teams now, never had any problems. Same for WFH and VPN usage. Never used the other tools for work though, so can't really compare

Hmm maybe it's my IT that are to blame. The only other I've used is Skype and teams has a lot more features. I do like the outlook integration.

RedRoach

You would be surprised how naive some of the people who run startups are. Look at the cryptocurrency startups for examples of mass stupidity.

I remember at the time half of us in that thread were surprised we had gone with them, but I know we were doing a roadshow trying to sell our brand to anybody who would have us and nobody would. We were at our lowest point when the deal was signed.

Revaulx

You would be surprised how naive some of the people who run startups are. Look at the cryptocurrency startups for examples of mass stupidity.
Not just people who run startups. People who’ve been at the helm of long established successful businesses can suddenly start making bizarre decisions. Hubris, flattery, a desire to appear “with-it” can all have disastrous consequences.

Revaulx

I remember at the time half of us in that thread were surprised we had gone with them, but I know we were doing a roadshow trying to sell our brand to anybody who would have us and nobody would. We were at our lowest point when the deal was signed.
I remember that, but I think the surprise was less about us going for them as them being able to afford it.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Our lowest point was getting a £47m/year deal?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Will we get another sponsor who can at least match whatever TeamViewer were giving us? I reckon the negative press recently with the whole Ronaldo debacle doesn't help things.
Doubtful considering we likely won't be in the CL again.