TeamViewer looking to review current deal | Snapdragon/Qualcomm will be the new sponsor

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Now is the chance. Sponsor plus stadium name rights - Burger King and Burger King Arena!

JustKatie

It’s probably going to end up being NordVPN or Apex League of Legends, or any of the unskippable herpes ridden ads you see on YouTube.
Oh gosh it's it's Hello Fresh or worse State of Survival I think I'll vomit.
Imagine if it's the fake Scottish titles one too haha

Lastwolf

Serious question: can anyone explain what their offering can do that Zoom, Teams, Google Meet etc. can’t?
It's not really for the same function as those three, its more of a remote control/ management app rather than conference call/ meeting software.

It's like saying what can a tractor offer you over these cars.

wolvored

Team viewer can no longer afford the fee, fair enough. Why have Utd got to pay them out? The only reason I can think of is this is tied in with the new owners and if so, the owners are already known and pulling the strings.

finneh

Team viewer can no longer afford the fee, fair enough. Why have Utd got to pay them out? The only reason I can think of is this is tied in with the new owners and if so, the owners are already known and pulling the strings.
I'd imagine the scenario would be that Teamviewer sign a 5 year contract worth £235m with United for the shirt rights. After 2 years they want to end it whilst they still have the rights to 3 years of sponsorship with a value of £141m.

United find someone else who's willing to pay £150m for those three years so they buy TV out of the £141m in order to do the deal at £150m.

In fact it may be that Teamviewer want out enough that they let United buy them out of their rights at £110m, meaning an even more favourable outcome if United can re-sell at £150m.

United will only "buy them out" if its beneficial for them. Chances are at the same time Teamviewer become a less expensive "partner" for the remaining 3 years.

Last edited:

cyril C

Well damn. I did not know that. I haven't seen anything with a Sharp logo around in a long time.
Acquired 100% by certain Taiwanese entrepreneur Kuo who make Iphone. I am not aware of any Sharp logo but they do withdraw from a lot of domestic appliance market, probably need to google what products they still sell, under the Sharp logo.

cyril C

The 2011 £400m sponsorship deal City signed with Etihad, an airline which had never turned a profit in 7 years of operation and which is owned by the Abu Dhabi government (headed by City owner Sheikh Mansour's half-brother), was not considered a "related party transaction", and was therefore allowed to stand. It is pretty easy to circumvent the rules.
Gates no longer sit in the Board of Microsoft, so the arms length must be longer than half-brother.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I'd imagine the scenario would be that Teamviewer sign a 5 year contract worth £235m with United for the shirt rights. After 2 years they want to end it whilst they still have the rights to 3 years of sponsorship with a value of £141m.

United find someone else who's willing to pay £150m for those three years so they buy TV out of the £141m in order to do the deal at £150m.

In fact it may be that Teamviewer want out enough that they let United buy them out of their rights at £110m, meaning an even more favourable outcome if United can re-sell at £150m.

United will only "buy them out" if its beneficial for them. Chances are at the same time Teamviewer become a less expensive "partner" for the remaining 3 years.
There has to be penalty clause for wanting out early of any contract. Teamviewer has to be paying something substantial if they want out this early. But a lot smaller say if they are breaking the contract like a year to run.

finneh

There has to be penalty clause for wanting out early of any contract. Teamviewer has to be paying something substantial if they want out this early. But a lot smaller say if they are breaking the contract like a year to run.
It depends because there weren't many companies throwing huge sponsorships around during Covid.

It could be that it's mutually beneficial if United can get a £50m+ annual deal quickly and in that environment I imagine United would prefer TV become a secondary partner, rather than things becoming acrimonious.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Nord's logo would be up there with Chevrolet and TeamViewer on the front of a football shirt. No thanks.

Greck

Bring back Chevrolet
Strictly speaking aesthetics, looking back their logo was actually damn good with our jersey. Would have been even better if it were paired on the 09/10 black and blue away kit instead of AIG.

edcunited1878

Someone forgot to update the PowerPoint file
They said it took place prior to the WC, which coincides w Ronaldo still being on the team.

World Cup officially started on the 20th, but teams assembled before that time. Ronaldo was officially released on the 22nd.

Then after the 22nd, it came out that a club in Saudi Arabia, Al Nassr, offered him that enormous contract.