Television Ted Lasso (Apple TV Football Comedy)

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just remembered I need to watch that coach beard episode while not stoned, to see if it's still fecking hilarious...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Does this get better? Couple of episodes in and it seems to be trying very hard to charm with very little substance or actual funny stuff.

United in sin

Does this get better? Couple of episodes in and it seems to be trying very hard to charm with very little substance or actual funny stuff.
It does. I wasn't sure what to think as well after episode one. It grew on me quickly and is one of the best shows I've watched this year. My significant other is not even huge on football but she loved it as well. Stick with it. It's a good representation of football culture in England, better than expected to be honest

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It does. I wasn't sure what to think as well after episode one. It grew on me quickly and is one of the best shows I've watched this year. My significant other is not even huge on football but she loved it as well. Stick with it. It's a good representation of football culture in England, better than expected to be honest
Cheers. I’ll keep going then. It’s a really easy watch which is nice to have ready to go.

United in sin

Cheers. I’ll keep going then. It’s a really easy watch which is nice to have ready to go.
Exactly! The sub 30 minute episode format make it very bingeable. Season two has longer episodes but it should still have you hooked. The character development and overall writing is top notch. I think you'll be pleased. I'm mad I watched both seasons so quickly!

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
Definitely keep going with it, again my wife almost detests football and she loved it.

Dante

Average bang
Not really. But you become desensitised to it and then inadvertently end up invested in the characters.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Goldstein won an Emmy for best supporting actor for the second year running… for talking in a gravelly voice.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Barry should've won all the awards Ted Lasso won, but I guess you could argue that it's barely a comedy anymore.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Second season was shite. It was neither football nor comedy. Plot twist with that awkward whatshisface taking over the rivals right at the end was the only somewhat interesting thing to happen.

acnumber9

This winning comedy awards kind of shows the shocking lack of good new comedies.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
This winning comedy awards kind of shows the shocking lack of good new comedies.
Arrested Developments first run, Scrubs and 30 Rock are among my top 5 favourite shows. Hard to remember anything that has matched those in the last decade or so.

Edit: Veep, Fleabag, Schitt's Creek (bits of it), Community probably came closest in terms of top tier comedy.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Arrested Developments first run, Scrubs and 30 Rock are among my top 5 favourite shows. Hard to remember anything that has matched those in the last decade or so.

Edit: Veep, Fleabag, Schitt's Creek (bits of it), Community probably came closest in terms of top tier comedy.
Hacks is fantastic if you've not seen that. On Prime in the UK.

Idxomer

There were at least 3 nominated shows better and funnier than Ted Lasso, I will never understand this show's popularity and acclaim.

acnumber9

Even Veep never hit the heights of the show it was based on.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

I'd add always Sunny to that list.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Errrm awards always have been shit. What we do in shadows is genuinely the funniest show in years. Barry as dark comedy had its best season yet. Only Murders is also very fun.

Spoony

The People's President
Ted Lasso was awful, I liked the premises and I'd have gladly watched a show full of clichés, as long as if it were about football and the rise of a shite team. But it went on an unwatchable tangent.

acnumber9

Errrm awards always have been shit. What we do in shadows is genuinely the funniest show in years. Barry as dark comedy had its best season yet. Only Murders is also very fun.
I don’t think any of those shows will be remembered in 10-20 years. What We Do In The Shadows isn’t as good as the film and Barry isn’t anywhere near funny enough to be considered a comedy or dramatic enough to be a good drama. Only Murders is already getting tired. I know comedy is about the most subjective genre out there but there seems to be a dearth of real quality out there. It hasn’t benefitted from streaming the way other genres perhaps have.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
For someone who doesn't watch/follow football, this is a funny show and hence the popularity in US.

For people like us, it's not that funny because the shows mimics real life, so this is just "so what?"

Andy_Cole

For someone who doesn't watch/follow football, this is a funny show and hence the popularity in US.

For people like us, it's not that funny because the shows mimics real life, so this is just "so what?"
My wife is American. Her female friends who aren’t into sports watch it. I was so surprised. I didn’t even bother introducing the show to my wife.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My wife is American. Her female friends who aren’t into sports watch it. I was so surprised. I didn’t even bother introducing the show to my wife.
If your wife isn't into football, pretty sure she'll like it. Atleast that's what I've seen generally

lsd

The Oracle
Bang average show. How the feck did it bag so many emmy

It's the last season isn't it?

Abbott Elementary is far better and should have won everything Ted Lasso did in my opinion