Television Ted Lasso (Apple TV Football Comedy)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How have they gone from drawing/losing all their games and now suddenly they’re on a great run of form and one win away from promotion :lol:

It’s even close to being a show about football.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nate has become a pretty unlikeable character over the course of this season

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Nate’s story has been decent, although I wish they’d stop with the spitting thing he does. I’m glad they’ve finally added some real drama/tension within the team, sets up an interesting finale.

anant

Is Nate supposed to be their version of Mourhino?
Possibly. With him getting greyish hair as well. Have a feeling Nate resigns and takes over some club and they start some sort of rivalry

MuFc_1992

Possibly. With him getting greyish hair as well. Have a feeling Nate resigns and takes over some club and they start some sort of rivalry
Not just that but the insecurity about not being a player sorta explains Jose's hostile personality and I'm seeing same thing with Ned.

LonelyFire

I can’t see any possibility of Nate resigning - he isn’t ashamed of his behaviour. He has a problem with how people view him and he thinks that’s the fault of others.

My own guess is they win the promotion, Ted credits Nate for the win but Rebecca fires Nate. Has to be a reason she witnessed the brief conversation with Nate and Rupert at the funeral. If you compound this with her own character arc about juggling her personal life in conflict with running the club, she will see that she has to make tough decisions as the owner and this is one that has to be made. Secondly, there is an element of the guardian angel comparison that was made in the Christmas episode with Ted watching Its a Wonderful Life and Rebecca shows up at that pivotal scene - Rebecca is going to make a decision that she may feel Ted is incapable of making in order to protect him.

anant

I can’t see any possibility of Nate resigning - he isn’t ashamed of his behaviour. He has a problem with how people view him and he thinks that’s the fault of others.

My own guess is they win the promotion, Ted credits Nate for the win but Rebecca fires Nate. Has to be a reason she witnessed the brief conversation with Nate and Rupert at the funeral. If you compound this with her own character arc about juggling her personal life in conflict with running the club, she will see that she has to make tough decisions as the owner and this is one that has to be made. Secondly, there is an element of the guardian angel comparison that was made in the Christmas episode with Ted watching Its a Wonderful Life and Rebecca shows up at that pivotal scene - Rebecca is going to make a decision that she may feel Ted is incapable of making in order to protect him.
Don't think Ted will fire him, but yeah Rebecca might if she got to know this.

On the flip side, I feel Nate will get some sort of a job and just leave there after "clear the air" talks with Ted

OleBoiii

Finally up to date so that I can trash this things that you all enjoy!!!

Verdict: it's decent. In a "shut off your brain and just chill the feck out" kind of way. Most of the jokes don't work, Nate is incredibly unlikable, Keeley is annoying and boring, Roy's character is fine but his cartooney voice is driving me nuts. Oh and the show has practically nothing to do with football.

Ted and Beard carry the show, imo. Overall, I'd say it's just about enjoyable enough to watch without feeling like you've wasted your time. Kind of like Cobra Kai, although I like Ted Lasso more.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought you’d stopped watching :lol: Haven’t watched the finale, might stick it on in a minute.
Planned to once this season was over. On the fence about whether I'll watch S3 but I guess the Mourinho style arc plus Prem might make it better. Will see.

AaronRedDevil

Finished this all off today. Really enjoyable season. Ted Lasso is just so annoyingly nice I'd hate him in real life :lol: . Brilliantly done character and when he needs to get serious, it's really hits you like a train. The 2nd half of the season got heavy with emotional moments. I so enjoy watching this show. A great feel good type of show. But yeah as Solius said. Nate deserves Death. Hate that little shit

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Decent finale. feck Nate, absolute cnut.

mu4c_20le

Lots of hate for Nate the Great, but the guy playing Rupert Mannion is so good at being a smarmy bastard, like a toxic Abramovic.

anant

They went full Mou on Nate :lol: :lol: :lol:. Can't wait for next season where he eyepokes Coach Beard.

Also, does anyone else find it strange that the 3 Richmond fans never go to the stadium to watch their team play?

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
They went full Mou on Nate :lol: :lol: :lol:. Can't wait for next season where he eyepokes Coach Beard.

Also, does anyone else find it strange that the 3 Richmond fans never go to the stadium to watch their team play?
Said that to my wife when watching tonight, she reckons it's the pub culture thing.

CallyRed

Reasoning behind Nate's change in charecter is confusing.
I don't recall Lasso ignoring him or treating him like dirt like he was saying.

OleBoiii

Reasoning behind Nate's change in charecter is confusing.
I don't recall Lasso ignoring him or treating him like dirt like he was saying.
It makes sense, in a very odd way. Not because Ted did anything wrong, mind you. It's just that the most dangerous "villains" are the losers who suddenly get a little bit of power and influence. You'd think that they are more sympathetic than most people, and often that's the case. But there are some really bitter twats as well, who wants revenge on society.

I've met a few Nates in my life, so the character really grinds my gears. At least the stereotypical jock spent most of his life unchallenged, so it makes sense that he lacks empathy. The same can't be said of people like Nate.

CallyRed

It makes sense, in a very odd way. Not because Ted did anything wrong, mind you. It's just that the most dangerous "villains" are the losers who suddenly get a little bit of power and influence. You'd think that they are more sympathetic than most people, and often that's the case. But there are some really bitter twats as well, who wants revenge on society.

I've met a few Nates in my life, so the character really grinds my gears. At least the stereotypical jock spent most of his life unchallenged, so it makes sense that he lacks empathy. The same can't be said of people like Nate.
Yeah I see what you mean.
I genuinely was fuming watching him having a go :lol:.