Teden Mengi | 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

4 touches. He made more passes than that, few tackle, interception & header. As far what I can remember, he had more than 10 touches on the ball.
That's not the point, the kid was very positive and did well even if it were 10 touches. TFM was had some very good moments, defended strongly and had some very bad moments in attack, no need to bash him on every opportunity.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That's not the point, the kid was very positive and did well even if it were 10 touches. TFM was had some very good moments, defended strongly and had some very bad moments in attack, no need to bash him on every opportunity.
It's pretty much the point. I can understand if it's only 4 touches but from those more than 10 touches, I expect you to be able to identify that Mengi is less awkward on the ball than Mensah and also no rush defender like Mensah.

Kostov

It's pretty much the point. I can understand if it's only 4 touches but from those more than 10 touches, I expect you to be able to identify that Mengi is less awkward on the ball than Mensah and also no rush defender like Mensah.
I've seen Mengi in the youth teams I know he is a talent and a big one that is. I've also seen TFM dominate Troy Deeney when he was 18 in a PL match. I saw TFM last night and I can't say that Mengi is better than TFM after 10 minutes of senior football.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't understand why you wouldn't start him in a game where we already have 5 away goals. Then to bring him on at RB for ten minutes ffs.

Dante

Average bang
16 touches and 12 passes.

I'd love to see him make it, but yesterday didn't give any glimpses into what he's capable of.

Craig Ward

Happy for the lad. Must be a massive bonus getting his debut.

Positive times for him!

Varun1

FFS why is there a need for drama in every thread. This thread is about Mengi, you want to bash TFM then go to the post match or player performance thread!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I've seen Mengi in the youth teams I know he is a talent and a big one that is. I've also seen TFM dominate Troy Deeney when he was 18 in a PL match. I saw TFM last night and I can't say that Mengi is better than TFM after 10 minutes of senior football.
I said that I expect you to see it. If you can't, then I don't think I can do anything else to make you able to.

Kostov

I said that I expect you to see it. If you can't, then I don't think I can do anything else to make you able to.
I feel ashamed in the presence of such special talent spotters that can evaluate how good or better one player is from another after 10 minutes of football really. You are also speaking about an 18 year old CB who played at RB for 10 minutes, after 10 touches you are able to say who is better at the present times? Maybe you have some special powers I don't know.

Cathy Ferguson

He seems quite short, similar to Martial who is ca 183-185 cm. Is he strong in the air? Good leap? I keep hearing that he is a YUGE defensive talent on par or better than Tuanzebe.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I feel ashamed in the presence of such special talent spotters that can evaluate how good or better one player is from another after 10 minutes of football really. You are also speaking about an 18 year old CB who played at RB for 10 minutes, after 10 touches you are able to say who is better at the present times? Maybe you have some special powers I don't know.
You don't need more than 10 minutes of more than 10 touches to know why player is better than Mensah. If the comparison is to Jones, Rojo, Smalling & Bailly, you have right to feel ashamed of the 10 mins evaluation but this is Mensah! From those 10 mins we can just tell that he's not awkward like Mensah on the ball & he's not rush like Mensah, those two aspects are Mensah two biggest problem.

Kostov

You don't need more than 10 minutes of more than 10 touches to know why player is better than Mensah. If the comparison is to Jones, Rojo, Smalling & Bailly, you have right to feel ashamed of the 10 mins evaluation but this is Mensah! From those 10 mins we can just tell that he's not awkward like Mensah on the ball & he's not rush like Mensah, those two aspects are Mensah two biggest problem.
That's pure bullshit pal. There is more to defenders than touch and you are talking about an 18 year old kid who hasn't even played a second at CB yet. Spare me of Fosu Mensah problems, you don't even know what problems Mengi will have when he actually plays a game of senior football to even compare the two.

Let's leave it at that, you are completely missing the point and I am one of the fans who'd rather we give minutes to Mengi If I have to choose between the two.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That's pure bullshit pal. There is more to defenders than touch and you are talking about an 18 year old kid who hasn't even played a second at CB yet. Spare me of Fosu Mensah problems, you don't even know what problems Mengi will have when he actually plays a game of senior football to even compare the two.

Let's leave it at that, you are completely missing the point and I am one of the fans who'd rather we give minutes to Mengi If I have to choose between the two.
Go try list of Mensah's aspect that is considered as ''not a problem'' and you'll get it. To put it simple: Whatever problem Mengi has, Mensah has the same of his problem.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I like his name. Teden Mengi. It sounds a bit like a brand of wallpaper for a baby's room.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
His mum was crying...bless them! :)

That's what living the dream is about. Feck mercenaries like Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.