Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Player agent: Stellar Football Ltd
Contract expires: 30.06.2022​
Thought he was born in Nigeria?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
great cameo!

Some confident passes out from the back, saw him sprint back and he was very fast, and had goos positioning in general.

Let's hope he gets many more opportunities next year.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Did he get a touch of the ball? Honest question.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

State of this guy, doesn't even know his club's twitter handle!

Alemar

Very good cameo, looked solid, though of course to play as RB was not ideal for him. Still better than TFM.

Also, I think info in the profile is a bit incorrect - he definitely looks higher than 1.83 m ...

Good cameo out of position, won the ball pretty much every time it came into his area. Seems absolutely rapid, really think he has the chance to be the first academy center-back in a while to breakthrough for us. Looking forward to seeing more of him next season in the FA Cup and maybe a few league games. Downside of no League Cup and Europa is less chances for players like him I guess.

crossy1686

career ending
Great physical presence for an 18 year old. Manchester lad with Nigerian roots, former captain of the youth team that won the youth cup. Hope him and Tuanzebe get more first team games this coming season

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Very good cameo, looked solid, though of course to play as RB was not ideal for him. Still better than TFM.

Also, I think info in the profile is a bit incorrect - he definitely looks higher than 1.83 m ...
I'll remove the height for now, I guess all the sources don't know anything about him yet.

Drainy

He seems only a bit taller than Martial, so maybe 6 foot 1 at the most?

He is definitely not the tallest for a centre back.

Alemar

He seems only a bit taller than Martial, so maybe 6 foot 1 at the most?

He is definitely not the tallest for a centre back.
Well, 6’1 is around 1.86m - that would be easier to believe, and actually these several cm of difference is important for a defender. Also, at 18 he may actually still continue to grow a bit

AshRK

Like the look of him. For a 18 year old he is built like a tank. I hope he gets more chances next season.

NYAS

Good cameo out of position, won the ball pretty much every time it came into his area. Seems absolutely rapid, really think he has the chance to be the first academy center-back in a while to breakthrough for us. Looking forward to seeing more of him next season in the FA Cup and maybe a few league games. Downside of no League Cup and Europa is less chances for players like him I guess.
Where have you seen that there’s no League Cup? Have I missed something?

Where have you seen that there’s no League Cup? Have I missed something?
Thought from this season all the European clubs aren't in League Cup but now that I'm searching online that doesn't seem to be the case :houllier: Maybe it's a proposed change? Could've sworn I'd heard about it somewhere. Oh well, some more games for Teden to play.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Been looking forward to his debut for a while now, he's been imperious for the reserves this season.

NYAS

Thought from this season all the European clubs aren't in League Cup but now that I'm searching online that doesn't seem to be the case :houllier: Maybe it's a proposed change? Could've sworn I'd heard about it somewhere. Oh well, some more games for Teden to play.
Yeah I think that was just mentioned in discussions between the EFL/PL and clubs but ultimately won’t happen. Glad they haven’t killed the League Cup.

jesperjaap

First time I have seen him. Obviously not much to judge being only 10mins and out of position. But he looks very quick, looks like he reads the game well too and also very strong for his age. Hearing about the captain potential also very encouraging.

Hope he or/and Tuanzabe can make some kind of breakthrough next season like a couple of youngsters have this season. Lets face it, there are for many pretty huge doubts over all of our centre backs bar maybe Maguire.

jesperjaap

interview. speaks very well

He does doesnt he. For first interview he comes across as very mature, level headed, self assured and determined. There have been a few young centre backs from the academy tipped to step up to the first team the last few years that havent for one reason or another. Weirdly, from his interview, I get a good feeling about Mengi

First time I have seen him. Obviously not much to judge being only 10mins and out of position. But he looks very quick, looks like he reads the game well too and also very strong for his age. Hearing about the captain potential also very encouraging.

Hope he or/and Tuanzabe can make some kind of breakthrough next season like a couple of youngsters have this season. Lets face it, there are for many pretty huge doubts over all of our centre backs bar maybe Maguire.
Let’s hope so, it looks like Tuanzebe is running out of time though.

Difficult to judge on 10 mins.

Kostov

Give it a fecking break, the kid had like 4 touches on the ball, the TFM constant shit bashing is tiresome.

Mengi is a great talent, I hope he continues developing without any injury disruptions. The kid has it all imo.

stu_1992

Glad to see him get some game time last night. It's great to see yet another academy player get a chance. Looked more than solid in what he had to do in his admittedly, limited time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Eh? TFM was very good in his first few games. Obviously Mengi is very good young talent, TFM was rated very highly too.

Let's see how these young players step up.

Alemar

Eh? TFM was very good in his first few games. Obviously Mengi is very good young talent, TFM was rated very highly too
But TFM did not progress, for whatever reason. So, given he started to get minutes lately, it may be better to give some of those minutes to Mengi instead (or to Laird - to someone young with high potential).

Copa Mundial

Jeez the lad had about 4 touches last night and he's already being touted as better than TFM, captain material and potentially our next home grown centre half. Typical caf over reactions on here.

Talk about build someone up only to knock them down later.

Nobody can accurately judge him on the few minutes he had last night. I'm going to need to see a lot more of him before forming a decision.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
But TFM did not progress, for whatever reason. So, given he started to get minutes lately, it may be better to give some of those minutes to Mengi instead (or to Laird - to someone young with high potential).
Maybe club are not knee jerk in making decisions.

Eire Red United

Don’t know much about him and can’t obviously read anything into last night, but he’s clearly rated by coaching staff. Great to see another youth player being given a chance and good luck to the kid

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Give it a fecking break, the kid had like 4 touches on the ball, the TFM constant shit bashing is tiresome.

Mengi is a great talent, I hope he continues developing without any injury disruptions. The kid has it all imo.
4 touches. He made more passes than that, few tackle, interception & header. As far what I can remember, he had more than 10 touches on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.