Teden Mengi image 43

Teden Mengi England flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutchred

If I were him I'd leave asap. We are going to play 2 expensive carthorses.
He will have a great career away form this crap

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
cant be worse than the 2 carthorses we have now
He can, we need to be very careful how we integrate him, throwing him in at the deep end won't do anyone any good. We should give him the league cup game and see how he does, we can assess what to do from there.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
At this point I don’t think he’d do any worse than the ice queen to be honest. Stronger and quicker than him at least!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Tuanzebe should probably get a shot ahead of him

SAFMUTD

Tuanzebe should probably get a shot ahead of him
Tuanzabe has proved nothing, he lives by his reputation in the Academy, has been 3 years and Tuanzabe is still just "promising". Let Mengi has his chance, he has the physical attributes.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Tuanzabe has proved nothing, he lives by his reputation in the Academy, has been 3 years and Tuanzabe is still just "promising". Let Mengi has his chance, he has the physical attributes.
Tuanzebe had a great season with Aston Villa. Was injured whole season last year. Don't understand where you coming from

Cassidy

He has shown he can play senior football and play well (loan at Villa) which is a lot more than Mengi has done. He also played for us in the PL vs Arsenal and was great
Injuries aside, he should be getting a shot.

SAFMUTD

He has shown he can play senior football and play well (loan at Villa) which is a lot more than Mengi has done. He also played for us in the PL vs Arsenal and was great
Thats highly debatable, Tuanzabe hasnt been able to be consistent in senior football because or injuries or whatever but he is far away of being a settled player.

Cassidy

Thats highly debatable, Tuanzabe hasnt been able to be consistent in senior football because or injuries or whatever but he is far away of being a settled player.
Its no a debate that he has a very good season at Villa

Stretender

Tuanzebe had a great season with Aston Villa. Was injured whole season last year. Don't understand where you coming from
No he didn't. Ask any Villa fan. He is not that great. I watched all his games for Villa. He is in no way better than Mengi. Tuanzebe will be at Watford in 2 seasons and Mengi will be one of the best defenders United have produced in a while.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The championship is hardly senior football, I thought you were talking about the EPL.
Spoken by someone who’s clearly never watched a Championship match in their life.

SAFMUTD

:lol: as opposed to u23s. Seriously? Hahahaha
Im not comparing Tuanzabe with Mengi, obviously Tuanzabe is far more "settled" is senior football than Mengi who's a youngster.

All Im saying is Tuanzabe is hardly a consolidated player himself, and Mengi should not be stopped from getting a chance because Tuanzabe.

Cassidy

Im not comparing Tuanzabe with Mengi, obviously Tuanzabe is far more "settled" is senior football than Mengi who's a youngster.

All Im saying is Tuanzabe is hardly a consolidated player himself, and Mengi should not be stopped from getting a chance because Tuanzabe.
That was my point. That he should get a shot ahead of Mengi as hes shown more at senior football and IMO maybe not yours is equally as talented

Robertd0803

Dunno if I am correct on this but didnt OGS do something to do this degree last year with Tuanzebe? Sadly he hit a bad run of injuries to really get going and pretty much spent most of the season injured.

So it might happen considering OGS has been happy to put Tuanzebe in there. The De Ligt comparison for Mengi is high praise too.
Wish he had done this vs Palace after all.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I find it really hard to believe that we'll see a marked drop off in quality if Mengi plays instead of some of the senior defenders. In fact, for that to happen, he would have to play as if his boot laces were tied together and covered in tar.

The Red Thinker

I find it really hard to believe that we'll see a marked drop off in quality if Mengi plays instead of some of the senior defenders. In fact, for that to happen, he would have to play as if his boot laces were tied together and covered in tar.
I agree. That loss was hard to take. It was devastatingly bad at the back. Horrible defending. Mengi ought to play purely as a feck you to the seniors. Lindelof doesn't need to be anywhere near that starting line-up.

jb8521

If I were him I'd leave asap. We are going to play 2 expensive carthorses.
He will have a great career away form this crap
Played for the senior team in the same season he was still eligible for u18s football, has been talked up massively by the manager, played in our only preseason game & is training full time with the senior team but yeah he definitely needs to get out asap after not playing the first game of the season. Quality logic & support of the club there.

Cassidy

Played for the senior team in the same season he was still eligible for u18s football but yeah he definitely needs to get out asap. Quality logic & support of the club there.
Do you reckon me could see him vs Luton?

So is this guy the new Tuanzebe? 18 and done absolutely nothing yet to show he might be anywhere near good enough, but all the knee jerkers demand he starts every time we concede a goal.

Leave him alone, let him develop at the right pace and let's see how he looks in a year or two from now.

crossy1686

career ending
So is this guy the new Tuanzebe? 18 and done absolutely nothing yet to show he might be anywhere near good enough, but all the knee jerkers demand he starts every time we concede a goal.

Leave him alone, let him develop at the right pace and let's see how he looks in a year or two from now.
It's all a bit pathetic really. The lad's just turned 18, putting that kind of pressure on him would ruin him.

SAFMUTD

Seriously?
Would you call a player who's played one season in the championship and a couple of games in the premier league a consolidated player?

For all we know Tuanzabe could very well dont even make it at top level.

Cassidy

Would you call a player who's played one season in the championship and a couple of games in the premier league a consolidated player?

I didn't call him that btw

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

It's still better than u23 and a very good experience. Physically one of the toughest league. See how , the championship teams are actually performing in EPL.

Noone can predict if he would become a complete player but its a different discussion.

SAFMUTD

It's still better than u23 and a very good experience. Physically one of the toughest league. See how , the championship teams are actually performing in EPL.

Noone can predict if he would become a complete player but its a different discussion.
Of course its better than U23 there's no argument about that, my response was to an argument about calling Tuanzabe an stablished player and Mengi a youngster.

I consider them both as youngsters, who are a long way from being stablished footballers at top level at the moment.

SAFMUTD

I didn't call him that btw
Looking through the posts youre right, you said he "has showned he can play at senior football" I dont think he has shown it but thats not the same as saying he's stablished. I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.