Teden Mengi signed new contract | Till 2024 + option to extend for a further year

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Teden Mengi has signed a new contract which will keep him at the club until June 2024, with the option to extend for a further year.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Good to see his contract renewed, he's someone I'm desperate to see make it here at United. Seems like he's over 6 foot now, fast, strong, good ball-playing abilities and a leader. It really surprised me that out of Ro-Shaun Williams, Timothy Fosu Mensah, and Axel Tuanzebe none will be a first choice CB for United. They were unfair at the under-18 level a few years back. Mengi is of a similar order.

Was playing very well, and after the corona break seemed to have lost form completely. It looks as if he's playing well at Derby, so I still have high hopes for him. If it is not Mengi, Willy Kwambwala is another huge talent United signed for the CB, he's just 16 though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
By the time he’s back from loan, he’ll basically be in the same place as Axel, with Tuanzebe not being able to put any real daylight between them in the 5+ years. Both could have had impressive Championship loans by then, and some decent showings in pre-season and I’d say their situations are about level. Axel hasn’t got a couple of years of credit in terms of good centre half showings for our first team yet, and I they could start next season as equals pretty much.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’d loan him straight back out to Derby/equivalent side again if he’s doing well enough there. There’s no point coming back here next summer to be a ‘squad option’ and be sat with 380 minutes to your name in mid March like Axel Tuanzebe has.

Nikelesh Reddy

Great news,he’s certainly a very exciting prospect...Good to see us securing the futures of all these talented young players...

Red00012

Not very happy about Ole’s forced smile and fist pumping thin air , lack of ambition and fight

CM

Good to see we're tying down a lot of young players to new deals. It looks like the future planning at the club is a bit better than it was a couple of years ago.

Lentwood

It's really encouraging from the club, it finally looks like there is a proper strategy around the younger players at the club.

It's going to become increasingly difficult to sign players from other PL clubs so it's going to be vitally important that we can fill half of our squad with talented lads from the Academy.

This will give us a huge advantage because we can then focus our spending on real world-class talents and go all out for those special players that make the difference, rather than have to sign 'filler' like Blind, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Rojo, Telles (not that he is a bad player/signing) etc..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Odd that Mengi is the only one whose contract length has been specified. I guess it’s some dopey graduate in the Comms department, and can probably assume Mejbri and Elanga both got the same length (of contract!).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Good news. Not sure what was up with his form for the U23s but seems to have quickly found his feet for Derby.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Got equal top rating for Derby against Norwich at the weekend, with Wisdom and Lawrence. He and Wisdom kept Pukki quiet the whole game apparently. Sounds like he's starting to find his feet at Derby, almost scored, brought an excellent save from Krul.
Another good loan next season could put him on the fringe of United's first team.

Alemar

Another good loan next season could put him on the fringe of United's first team.
Highly unlikely. What may happen, however, is that he is sold for good money (which will be also a good thing)