Teemu Eino Antero Pukki

Phil Osophy

The man is on fire.

Premier League player of the month by the way.

Teemu Pukki has been named the PFA Premier League Player of the Month for August.

Pukki has made a blistering start to life in the English top flight, scoring five goal and assisting one in his opening four games.

He scored City's only goal in the opening day defeat to Liverpool and followed that with a hat-trick in the 3-1 victory over Newcastle United.

Another goal followed in the defeat against Chelsea, taking his tally to five. He was the top scorer in the league for the majority of August, only for Sergio Aguero to overtake him at the weekend.

Pukki beat Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Ashley Barnes (Burnley), Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling (both Manchester City) to the award.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/201...named-pfa-premier-league-player-of-the-month/

tentan

Poor man's poster.
He's having a 'Michu' season. I suspect he'll drop off and become average, but lets hope not.

Denis79

He will grab 20 for Norwich this season. Someone will come in for him after this season and he will score 5 goals for them during a torrid second PL season. In three years he will be playing in the Russian league. Always happens.
:lol: The oracle has spoken!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yes please. January signing if I've ever seen one.
Not a chance in hell Norwich sign by far their biggest hope of survival in January for anything other than an astronomical fee.

And if you're paying an astronomical fee for Teemu Pukki .. you're in trouble.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Not a chance in hell Norwich sign by far their biggest hope of survival in January for anything other than an astronomical fee.

And if you're paying an astronomical fee for Teemu Pukki .. you're in trouble.
Got a very good point there.

Alabaster Codify7

Gun to head, Pukki is going to go down in the books as one of those strikers who for 2-3 seasons playing at a high level, looked unplayable at times and scored some screamers. But ultimately will fade into the background and fizzle out. One of those "shit Teemu Pukki was unstoppable from 2018-2020 wasn't he" kind of players.

Tarrou

Gun to head, Pukki is going to go down in the books as one of those strikers who for 2-3 seasons playing at a high level, looked unplayable at times and scored some screamers. But ultimately will fade into the background and fizzle out. One of those "shit Teemu Pukki was unstoppable from 2018-2020 wasn't he" kind of players.
he'd probably take 2/3 good seasons at the highest level at this stage of his career

Robbie Boy

When do you think he got injured? He scored 18 league goals the season before his injury that ruined him eventually.
Pretty sure it was after October of the following season. Yep, he had an awesome first season. I remember him wanting to leave that summer though but Swansea wouldn’t sell, naturally enough. Then Bony became the main man and Michu was dropped slightly deeper and his form massively tailed off. Either way he played 20 odd games the second season and looked a shadow of the player he did the season before.

Anyhow, I think he was a very average player who peaked for a couple of seasons. It was enjoyable though as Swansea were playing lovely stuff and he seemed like a good bloke.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Pretty sure it was after October of the following season. Yep, he had an awesome first season. I remember him wanting to leave that summer though but Swansea wouldn’t sell, naturally enough. Then Bony became the main man and Michu was dropped slightly deeper and his form massively tailed off. Either way he played 20 odd games the second season and looked a shadow of the player he did the season before.

Anyhow, I think he was a very average player who peaked for a couple of seasons. It was enjoyable though as Swansea were playing lovely stuff and he seemed like a good bloke.
He only played about 400 minutes after his October injury so it's fair to say he never recovered that season. He barely played football until he joined Oviedo in the lower leagues but even then he wasn't fit.

A decent player, pretty good modern age target man and like Pukki shows how much of a difference the right mentality can do to a player.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Leaving Norwich at the end of the season as a club legend.

Never got that big(ish) move he was looking for but it was perhaps better for his career as he didn’t really have the tools to nail a starting spot in a good PL team.

Won the Championship twice with them while becoming fourth in Norwich’s all-time goalscorer list. Scored over 25 goals in the Championship twice and bagged 22 goals in total in two seasons in the Prem. Not bad, Teemu, not bad.

Will be interesting to what the last stage of his career will be like. He’s already the all-time top scorer for his country but looking at our Euros qualifying group I’m sure he won’t fin(n)ish his international career just yet.

I could definitely see him going back to Brøndby as I believe he’s still loved there.

klsv

Nice! Pukki and Messi to fight it out in the MLS.

@top1whoisman who do you think will be next Pukki? Forss? You always seem to have some decent players in the Championship, or maybe it's just because we had a couple of years with no PL on TV and my only alternative was to watch the first division with Kuqi, Forssell, Jääskeläinen etc on Yle :lol: