Telegraph Football: Man Utd looking to appoint director of football this summer | Appointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Be so like us after waiting 3 years to get somebody if they are rubbish.

Ole will no doubt get the blame for it though. Our fans need to wise up and realise who the problems really are...the CEO and the owners.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I doubt too many people are going to listen to the Transfer Masturbators Podcast to hear the latest about the DOF. What’s the gist?
Castles laid into Joel/Woody/Judge accusing them of forcing Ferguson out and cocking up your transfer business since.
A DoF would just be a fall guy for poor decisions in future while they’d take credit for good ones. No top DoF would touch the United job under those terms according to Dunky.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Just announce yourself Ed, 80 or 90 more imminent articles about a DOF coming in and I might actually believe it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Manchester United are revisiting long-standing plans to appoint a director of football on the orders of owner Joel Glazer.

United have run numerous recruitment processes to bring in a transfer guru over the last few years and held several interviews without identifying the right candidate to work with executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and the club's main negotiator Matt Judge.

Glazer, is demanding an overhaul of recruitment, with United having little recent silverware to show for a net transfer spend of £1billion over the last decade, and wants a new structure in place by the end of the season.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Castles laid into Joel/Woody/Judge accusing them of forcing Ferguson out and cocking up your transfer business since.
A DoF would just be a fall guy for poor decisions in future while they’d take credit for good ones. No top DoF would touch the United job under those terms according to Dunky.
I've heard hints at this a few times. Are there any more details? Is there any truth to it?

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I've heard hints at this a few times. Are there any more details? Is there any truth to it?
His wife's sister dying was the reason he decided to retire. The Glazers have made many stupid mistakes in the last decade, but even they're not stupid enough to have ever wanted rid of SAF.

Revaulx

Recruitment seems to have improved since Ole came in; particularly since January. It seems a spectacularly odd time for the DoF/recruitment policy stuff to have reared it’s head again.

clarkydaz

United have run numerous recruitment processes to bring in a transfer guru over the last few years and held several interviews without identifying the right candidate to work with executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and the club's main negotiator Matt Judge.
seeing as it involved Rio and Fletcher id take all this with a large pinch of salt

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
His wife's sister dying was the reason he decided to retire. The Glazers have made many stupid mistakes in the last decade, but even they're not stupid enough to have ever wanted rid of SAF.
I don’t think the presenters were saying that Ferguson was forced out as Manager by Joel and Woodward but that they were wary that SAF would want to be pulling the strings behind the scenes.
That is what they were trying to avoid.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Who in Man United is he asking? Woodward and Judge are the DoF so surely he's not asking them. BS article
Woodward is CEO and Judge is the chief negotiator. We don’t currently have anyone the DOF role.

Presumably he will be instructing Woodward as I believe it will fall under his responsibility.

pascell

Woodward is CEO and Judge is the chief negotiator. We don’t currently have anyone the DOF role.

Presumably he will be instructing Woodward as I believe it will fall under his responsibility.
There was an article a while back from Luckhurst who claimed our DoF was Woodward and he (Woodward) liked that responsibility, infact I'm sure he said he wasn't for giving it up either.

I don't believe these DoF articles anyhow, if the Glazers are having an overhaul of recruitment, then Woodward and Judge will have to leave for a DoF to have full responsibility of their role.

clarkydaz

There was an article a while back from Luckhurst who claimed our DoF was Woodward and he (Woodward) liked that responsibility, infact I'm sure he said he wasn't for giving it up either.

I don't believe these DoF articles anyhow, if the Glazers are having an overhaul of recruitment, then Woodward and Judge will have to leave for a DoF to have full responsibility of their role.
Evra said Woodward called himself DOF in an arguement they had

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I don’t think the presenters were saying that Ferguson was forced out as Manager by Joel and Woodward but that they were wary that SAF would want to be pulling the strings behind the scenes.
That is what they were trying to avoid.
Oh, I see.

Good thing they managed to avoid that so, otherwise who knows, the club might have ended up falling off a bit :wenger:

Adnan

Talent Spotter

He's been down beat about United appointing a DoF for sometime now but has recently changed his tune.

Varun1

He's been down beat about United appointing a DoF for sometime now but has recently changed his tune.
Castles you mean? Could the article have some truth in it?

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Castles is saying that it's the Glazer's who are pushing for the appointment after United's ineffeciency in both player recruitment and player retention processes. The Glazers want the new man in charge before the summer transfer window opens.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Castles you mean? Could the true have some truth in it?
Yes, Castles. I think his piece makes sense and I've provided a brief summary in my previous post. Unless people think the Glazer's are complete morons then I believe the penny will have dropped by now.

Crustanoid

If you’re so concerned with our recruitment why don’t you just fire Ed you rodent featured pricks?

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Luis Campos is also now a free agent after the take over at Lille was completed..

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Castles is saying that it's the Glazer's who are pushing for the appointment after United's ineffeciency in both player recruitment and player retention processes. The Glazers want the new man in charge before the summer transfer window opens.
Would actually make sense. Can't believe we haven't done it yet after blowing 130m on 2 average defenders. That should have raised their eyebrows.

Infra-red

After seven years of total incompetence, it would be great to have someone in charge who actually knows what they're doing.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I hope this isn’t just another major decision they end up fecking up. We need someone who’s got top class connections and respect in the game. It would be so satisfying to see us snap up a few bargains, sell players quicker and stop with these terrible contracts.

POF

If they're not they should be.

The utter waste of money in the transfer market over the last 7 or 8 years has been criminal.

The club's insistence on going for players at the absolute peak of their value and allowing top players to run their contracts right down is absolute incompetence.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Seems like there's something in this now. Three different sources now reporting that Glazers want a DOF. Let's see.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel like when we need the DOF the least we go and arguably get one.

This clubs is just really messed up with everything.

Andersonson

It will be Phelan.

First thing he does is implementing a mandatory ' bring your best shorts day ' on fridays.

lysglimt

Scout
You just know that the the 2 guys we finally decide between, both will turn us down to stay at their current club. So we can spend 3 more years looking for a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.